Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*

+11
Ethwyn
JeremiahPeter90
raptorclans
tritonite
Tristan
aytrew
pepsiman
ArToo
sfunglee
Founder
spymonkey
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post* Empty FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-12, 12:14 am

Note 1: If you got your car after OCT 2011, it already been updated. So no worries

Note 2: Pepsiman confirms it does fixes iOS BT issues. Thanks Pepsiman for confirming.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After reading through that thread, I looked around for solutions. To my surprise, there is~! This will also make other BT conn much much more smoothly. Before update my car BT might not pick up my HP BT on occasion (i'm using andriod btw) and i have to manually bond the phone. Now, it'll connect right after i switched on my player. Patch notes said it'll fix IOS BT issues (see below), but I cant confirm because I dont own one.

*edit: whether you own an IOS device or not, this is very worthwhile update. I recommend you take the time to do this*

Here's the link:

Some personal notes:

- Please read the instruction carefully. Disclaimer *I wont be held responsible if anything happened to your player*. That being said, I had successfully updated mine without any problem. Though if you fail you can just repeat the process.

- You can use any USB flash drive. But make sure the whole files are NOT in any folder.

- DO NOT under any circumstances, should you START your engine during the process. I repeat DO NOT START YOUR ENGINE. Leave the key at ignition. Just to be clear, stop at ONE twist BEFORE starting your engine.

- It will take about 20mins, your player will the turned on or off during the process. Mine was left on. Be patient. Go watch astro or something.

- The message indicating successful update will be shown briefly. If you dont see any message on screen, it means you have successfully updated yours, congrats~!

- After successfully updated, you should turn off everything, up to the point of locking your car. Thats the only way I know to cut power off to the player. Pressing the knob wont cut it. I tried it before cutting power, it just wont work properly. LOCK YOUR CAR to cut power.

- You need to re-bond everything back.

- Good Luck~! And dont forget to pull out your flash drive, otherwise you'll be forced to repeat the process again.

Some screenies:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by spymonkey on 2011-12-16, 1:13 pm; edited 5 times in total
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post* Empty Re: FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*

Post by Founder 2011-12-12, 12:27 am

Great info Spymonkey!!! Smile

Jason Lim
FCM Founder
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

https://fiestaclubmalaysia.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post* Empty Re: FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-12, 12:30 am

Copy/paste from patch notes:

Release: October 2011

The update to your Ford Bluetooth and multimedia module provides you with improvements in the following areas:

Supports the original Apple USB cable
Apple iOS 5 compatibility: display of the phones battery level and signal strenght
Apple iOS 5 compatibility: improved stability for music streaming via Bluetooth
Playback of music files via the USB stick
Connection stability of iPod/iPhone devices
Connection stability for Bluetooth, telephony and Bluetooth audio
Compatibility of mobile phones
Display of phone book and call lists
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-12, 12:35 am

No problemo admin~!

FYI, I've been running my player for a while now without any issues. USB Connectivity have been improved, no more hangs at "Invalid Format" error.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2011-12-12, 1:08 am

spymonkey wrote:No problemo admin~!

FYI, I've been running my player for a while now without any issues. USB Connectivity have been improved, no more hangs at "Invalid Format" error.

I'm using andriod as well Very Happy I've encountered some "error" msgs displayed on the player on random occasions whenever the player auto bonds with my Andriod.... I'm hoping after this upgrade it does fix the error... Thanks Spymonkey Very Happy

Jason Lim
FCM Founder
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-12, 1:25 am

Are you updating now? =)

Do share if it solved your problem.

edit: minor request, could you sticky this thread? tq
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2011-12-13, 3:28 pm

spymonkey wrote:Are you updating now? =)

Do share if it solved your problem.

edit: minor request, could you sticky this thread? tq
'

Hi Spymonkey, ill be updating it real soon Very Happy CHeers

Jason Lim
FCM Founder
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-12-14, 8:17 am

I will update =)

Thx Spymonkey
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ArToo 2011-12-14, 1:28 pm

I tried updating a few times but failed... with a message "Updating Failed" shortly after "Update Running. Please Wait". I got my car around mid October, probably already running the latest software.
ArToo
ArToo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-14, 1:58 pm

I guess you already have the update.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsiman 2011-12-15, 11:00 pm

Got my problem solved! It works =)

pepsiman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-16, 1:14 pm

Awesome! Thanks for updating us, pepsiman.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aytrew 2011-12-16, 7:00 pm

Great,
After many attempts it started updating,
This is how it worked for me:

1- unzip to pen drive and put all files on root, without any folders (pen formatted on fat32)
2-inside car, make sure all is turned off.
3-turn on radio only
4-insert pen
5-when you get message saying pen is inserted turn on car(NOT IGNITION), i have keyless system so pressed on button without pressing stop or clutch pedals.

As soon as I turned on the car a message "updating please wait" appeared.

Haven't tried all fixes but will do later today.

THANKS SPYMONKEY

ford focus 2011 titanium, normal radio, with all problems reported with iPhone

aytrew
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-16, 7:07 pm

Well it should work with any Ford models, except for Ford KA (which was mentioned in the site). Dont thank me, thank google.. Very Happy
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aytrew 2011-12-16, 7:15 pm

I thank you for the hope,
i've been trying this for weeks and couldn't do it with the instructions ford provided and didn't find anyone with this radio model saying it works.

aytrew
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-12-18, 12:06 am

Thanks spymonkey. Otherwise I will be force to make do with the frustrating quality of sound when connecting with cable. Will update it soon Smile
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-12-18, 6:36 pm

Just updated the software of my player and I think it took less than 20 minutes. After updating, I rebond my iPhone and can wirelessly play music via Bluetooth. So far I haven't seen the "Bluetooth error in reading device" message yet which I usually encounter when trying to start playing music. What's great is that now even the name of the song gets displayed on the screen unless you're playing Korean or Chinese music Smile
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-12-19, 8:22 am

So i think mine is new version, i didn't update it at all =)
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2011-12-22, 11:06 am

Tristan wrote:Just updated the software of my player and I think it took less than 20 minutes. After updating, I rebond my iPhone and can wirelessly play music via Bluetooth. So far I haven't seen the "Bluetooth error in reading device" message yet which I usually encounter when trying to start playing music. What's great is that now even the name of the song gets displayed on the screen unless you're playing Korean or Chinese music Smile

Speaking about Chinese / Korean / Japanese names... so there's no workaround for this? I listen to PLENTY of Korean / Jap / Chinese songs and not being able to see the song titles is a little letdown... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-12-25, 5:35 pm

Not sure if there is any language change button for the head unit though. I mean like those in our handphones when u first configure your new phones for use... You can try looking that up in the car. I am sure they will have Chinese versions but only for specific markets such as Taiwan and China where there are a considerable number of Fiesta.
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-26, 12:31 pm

I'm trying to find language pack for ford audio too, it bugs me out too when my japanese song title show up as garbage.

Kinda busy atm, end of year stuff and all. I'll looking for it later.

Edit: 5 mins later I found this...

It'll on the 2012 Focus, but I think there'll be update for FoFi too. I'm just optimistic lol.

Just a snip "The upgraded system will also recognize road and music artist names in their original language, even if the system is set to use a different default language."

spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tritonite 2012-01-28, 6:08 pm

Since it says 'Supports the original Apple USB cable', does that mean you can just use the straight USB cable and no longer need a Y-cable?

tritonite
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2012-01-30, 9:11 am

Y cable for the audio to car, for hand-free purpose...

Well i gave mine Y-cable to someone else, not using
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2012-02-01, 10:06 pm

Just wondering, if my car is just purchased now, would it still have audio issues and need to be fixed? >_<
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2012-02-08, 10:16 am

test it and inform us
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next