Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Sierra Glow vs PPS

+18
Hu_Lala
azry d'ary reve
sfunglee
jacksonthegod
pullman
dershyong
Wayn Chow
jetfighter
nattyeoh
or0
madon
klimal
Tristan
Yakuza
Nixon Dew
teetaatee
munie
joeaggas
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sierra Glow vs PPS Empty Sierra Glow vs PPS

Post by joeaggas 2011-03-21, 11:53 pm

Hello members of FCM,

My name is Joey. Just join this forum couple of minutes ago. I'm expecting to pickup my FF16s this coming Thurs or Friday (fingers crossed). I've been considering to protect this new 'baby' either with Sierra Glow or Polarized Protection Shield.
Reason is because I'm a lazy fella and not very discipline to send for waxing/polishing every 3 or 6months. Furthermore, my wife will be using the car most of the time. Sad
Anyway that's beside the point. My question would be if any forum members have experience with Sierra Glow or PPS can share their view, be very much appreciated.
I've read plenty or reviews from Forte club but would be nice to get a perspective with same car type owners especially Ford paint different from KIA and other manufacturers.

Thanks.

p/s: In a case if no one, guess I'll become the guinea 'pig' and tell you my experience. Cheers!
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Sierra Glow vs PPS Empty Re: Sierra Glow vs PPS

Post by munie 2011-03-22, 8:14 am

Hi Joeaggas,

I've done PPS to my fiesta. Mine is white, and I'm kind of lazy to wash car too (roughly once a week). but even after a week or so, plus lots of raining nowadays, the stain could go off easily because of the PPS. and the paint remains smooth and silky after the wash. Very satisfying. However, I've only done it a month ago, so still quite early to judge. In case u haven't check discussion board in FFIM fan page, here's are some explanations between Meguiars and PPS. About Sierra Glow, I hv no idea Very Happy

Munie Ahmad:
I doubted if shineNshield is good as compared to meguiars (which is much well-known), and Adrian Thum answered with very detail explanation. I hope this will help others too in understanding the new technology in shineNshield.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meguiars is the best polish,wax, car car product you can find in the market hence the expensive pricing. They last the longest compared to say brands like turtle wax, kit, autoglym. Problem is wax is still a wax. It can be washed off over time. Lousy brand waxes last 1 or 2 washes. Decent brands like kit & perma glass maybe last up to 6 washes. Meguiars can last up to 12 to 15 washes. They are good actually but not really cost effective. Meguiars charges around 500 to 700 plus per time. Assuming u wash ur car every week, by the 3rd mth ur wax wud be almost gone. So if u wan to keep the paint shiny, u'll probably need to do 3 or 4 times a year. Shinenshield is teflon coating. It bonds to the paint creating at protective layer. Waxes does not bond to the paint but stays on top of it. Teflon technology has been around for a long time. Anyway for detailed explaination i can suggest the site and a 1 more site which is a testimonial from a customer. By the way what i meant bout teflon coating is more cost effective, maintenence is done once a year only which cost only RM100+. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

munie
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-03-22, 1:49 pm

to me, no matter what kinda coating you apply. you must always always flush your car after driving in the rain. road tar will just stick at your coating and "eat" up the coating ended up you'll have the same old result like what you used to have.

for me, i always flush all the area that prone to have road tar stains after a drive in the rain. even in my office, i'll flush it with a high pressure water spray before i head up to work.

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixon Dew 2011-03-22, 5:07 pm

Hi Joey,

I did the S&S for my Fiesta(white) .. Overall the protection is good and can easily remove the dirt while washing. But the only problem is, I'm not sure, the dirt on bonnet is NOT easy on removing. It might be the problem that the coating is not evenly applied on bonnet. I need to check with S&S on this.

Meanwhile, I found the other one called Ultra Glass Coating ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) .. You may take a look on this. Is available in Malaysia ( Look at ASIA section [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

Finally, welcome to the club and hope to meet you at this coming, the first ever FCM TT session Smile ..

Nixon Dew
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Yakuza 2011-03-23, 12:40 am

Well, I've applied S&S to my other car and yes, it does look good at first. But for short period of time, the coat wears off really fast. Not to say that they are not good or bad. But I still prefer wax and polish (the traditional way). I can remove swirls and scratches easily by myself and I can go to any good car wash centers with wax and polish services to renew the car paint. And it's cheaper and easier. But you can always disagree with me on that. Cheers!
Yakuza
Yakuza
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-03-23, 5:29 pm

teetaatee wrote:to me, no matter what kinda coating you apply. you must always always flush your car after driving in the rain. road tar will just stick at your coating and "eat" up the coating ended up you'll have the same old result like what you used to have.

for me, i always flush all the area that prone to have road tar stains after a drive in the rain. even in my office, i'll flush it with a high pressure water spray before i head up to work.

Teetaatee,

You are correct. As advised by ppl at Sierra Glow, occasional rinsing is necessary to keep the shine. Of course your work place has high pressure water spray for the boss, 'like yourself', or employee to use but not many will have this benefit.

Anyway, I've called up Sierra Glow today. Good news is they quoted me RM450 for a Ford Fiesta which me is a good deal since I'm warned not to WAX or Polish it for the next 5 years. However bad news is, they are fully booked till 1st week of April (if bookings for weekdays) and mid May (if bookings are made for Saturdays).

Didn't know that this auto detailing business is big demand. Impressive impressive. Anyway I'll let you know when this is done and share my experience with it. Cheers ppl!

Joey
p/s: Dunno if they have GST included / exc in the quote. Nowadays this GST makes a totally different price all together.
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-03-24, 7:58 am

Hi Joey, Tristan here. Any reason why not to wax and polish for 5 years?
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by klimal 2011-03-24, 9:59 am

Tristan wrote:Hi Joey, Tristan here. Any reason why not to wax and polish for 5 years?

One word for me...Lazy Embarassed
Other than that it's the economics.
Wax last about 5 washes if you use the usual roadside car wash fella.
So it's a wax every 2 months on average..let's stretch to 3 months.
So in a year it's 4 waxes. In 5 years it's 20 wax and polish.
Do the maths..one S&S cost RM 680, lasts 5 years and the colour does not fade or yellow with age.
klimal
klimal
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Yakuza 2011-03-24, 10:26 am

It won't last you for 5 months. I can say that, cos I used S&S PPS Coat before more than twice. Every 2-3 months, you still have to go back to them for maintainance. Not a one time process/application.
Yakuza
Yakuza
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by munie 2011-03-24, 10:30 am

Yakuza, what are the colors of ur previous cars? They S&S claim that their PPS only needs maintenance once a year, and twice a year for black&white paint....

munie
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by klimal 2011-03-24, 12:26 pm

Of course, if use strong shampoo with lots of foam, sure will strip off the coating. Even the best wax will not last.
I only use water and very mild car shampoo to wash once weekly.
Thus far, the water still beading and the shine still there.......but it's only been a month.
So, I will hold my judgement and see how it fares 6 months down the line.
klimal
klimal
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-03-24, 12:51 pm

joeaggas wrote:
teetaatee wrote:to me, no matter what kinda coating you apply. you must always always flush your car after driving in the rain. road tar will just stick at your coating and "eat" up the coating ended up you'll have the same old result like what you used to have.

Teetaatee,

You are correct. As advised by ppl at Sierra Glow, occasional rinsing is necessary to keep the shine. Of course your work place has high pressure water spray for the boss, 'like yourself', or employee to use but not many will have this benefit.

Anyway, I've called up Sierra Glow today. Good news is they quoted me RM450 for a Ford Fiesta which me is a good deal since I'm warned not to WAX or Polish it for the next 5 years. However bad news is, they are fully booked till 1st week of April (if bookings for weekdays) and mid May (if bookings are made for Saturdays).

Didn't know that this auto detailing business is big demand. Impressive impressive. Anyway I'll let you know when this is done and share my experience with it. Cheers ppl!

Joey
p/s: Dunno if they have GST included / exc in the quote. Nowadays this GST makes a totally different price all together.
the high pressure water spray i mean is those that you can get at any hardware shop. you pump pump pump and you spray. you can see most of the fruit seller at pasar malam to sprinkle water on their fruits. Neutral

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-03-24, 12:55 pm

Tristan wrote:Hi Joey, Tristan here. Any reason why not to wax and polish for 5 years?

Two words for me...economical & lazy. Smile Anyway, so far I've read about Sierra Glow from other forums. Some whom started to use it in 2009 gave their opinion recently. Overall positive. However, it's recommended to 'dry wash' or rinse/wipe the car as often as possible.

Save on shampoo, save on wax, save on water. Ahhh so nice to see if can contribute to the environment.
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-03-24, 12:57 pm

teetaatee wrote:
joeaggas wrote:

Teetaatee,

Joey
the high pressure water spray i mean is those that you can get at any hardware shop. you pump pump pump and you spray. you can see most of the fruit seller at pasar malam to sprinkle water on their fruits. Neutral

WAH!!! Those 'Hi' pressure flower sprinklers ka??? You really a car lover, salute! cheers cheers
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-03-24, 1:11 pm

joeaggas wrote:
teetaatee wrote:
joeaggas wrote:

Teetaatee,

Joey

WAH!!! Those 'Hi' pressure flower sprinklers ka??? You really a car lover, salute! cheers cheers
yup, i love my car very much. each time when i drove my car in the rain, i'll just spend extra 5min to "flush" my car with that "high pressure flower sprinkler" to keep the car free of tar stains as much as i could

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by madon 2011-03-24, 2:12 pm

haish..i wish i have a high pressure water sprinkler... haish...
madon
madon
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-03-24, 4:13 pm

Guys / Gals,

You can. Go to ACE hardware or any supermarket garden section and look for something like this...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

then you can have one spare in your car to use.

Joey
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by or0 2011-03-24, 4:32 pm

how much for that?
or0
or0
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by madon 2011-03-24, 4:34 pm

Cool!!!!! will pay Ace Hardware a visit...
madon
madon
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-03-24, 6:10 pm

well, ACE normal high pressure water sprinkler selling price is kinda expensive. quality which you can get at giant or tesco. but if you are going for the RM30 to RM40++ above, then is good. i bought mine at giant, price rm15. is kinda good, but those o-ring start to leak if the pressure is too high.

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-04-08, 11:05 pm

Hmmm, it's been 14th day I've got the FoFi and so far so good. Anyway, brought it for SG treatment. Have a look at the before and after.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No difference to the naked eye or JPEG. Can only feel it. First of all it's Silver Highlight, very difficult to see the difference. Of course, my wifey chose the color, dirty also difficult to see. Smile

SG gives 5 year warranty. Now this warranty has a lot of disclaimers and of course warranty with not much guarantee usage after driving on road with uncertainties right? Therefore, got or not also really does not matter. Smart la business ppl Twisted Evil

Anyway, this Mr.Choong give the usual tips of taking care, which to me is slightly less hassle. These tips were same as the ones other generous owner's reply in this thread topic.

Oh ya, while on the way there that morning, I paused briefly at the USJ summit traffic lights and spotted a Blue coror FoFi next to me. Plate was WUUxxxx, driver was a girl in cool shades. When lights went green she sped off like a street racer, zipping here and there. Coincidentally, met her and her bro at SG workshop. They became first customer of the day. Had a nice chat with them, topics relating to FoFi. The treatment took around 6-7hours, so I left the place and came back end of the day to pick up. To my surprise, the SG manager apologize to me. I asked why. He said, there was a mix up! He was given the impression that the brother I spoke to was me. In actual fact they didn't make an appointment. It was also odd to him because that morning suppose to have 1 FoFi and arrived 2 instead.

Therefore, Mr.Paul and Paul's sister whom in that blue FoFi, you cut queue so next time, if got TT, tea on you, k? Very Happy Very Happy Thank you.
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-04-08, 11:07 pm

oh ya, you can see the blue fofi behind being treated first.
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-04-28, 2:46 pm

Hi guys, so in the end what is the conclusion? PPS or SG? What is the difference between price range for those two? In terms of yearly maintenance at the workshop, which one is more economical? Finally any shop to recommend? I'm staying in USJ.
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-04-29, 12:39 am

For me too early to vouch for SG. So far after treatment, I've wash the car with just running water and MF cloth. Very easy to get dirt off and after wipe dry, shine retains. However, mine's a silver coror car, even dirty also look clean compare to other colors.
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-05-11, 2:21 pm

How about PPS, has anyone done PPS to their Fiesta and what is the price range?
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum