Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

DIY Permanon Car Supershine - Kiss Waxing Goodbye

+48
moolastrikes
eco_star
Jowyf
teddybeh
Founder
rozz
lim.z.chao
mmna86
hiryuu
pyw1010
chozy
enhm
zaitiakhtar
carbonara
carl.loo
Arthoria
vash_h
septzz
azad
dzeisen
Boyzes
pakutekan
Yhchong1212
puteri.addnan
riezzz
woo3809
ringwraith
arjune
bakkutt3h
jusuchin85
azliazimi
Hu_Lala
jacky wong
evoii968
jimii
jetfighter
John91
sfunglee
teetaatee
chrisgohtm
Wayn Chow
timmy_k84
eymc
jacksonthegod
Tristan
aaronsim
dershyong
hemah
52 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

DIY Permanon Car Supershine - Kiss Waxing Goodbye - Page 2 Empty Re: DIY Permanon Car Supershine - Kiss Waxing Goodbye

Post by chrisgohtm 2011-10-23, 6:37 am

[quote="Wayn Chow"][quote="hemah"][quote="dershyong"]Hi hemah,

Just a few inquiries, dude.

1) How much is it?
2) Where is your shop located?
3) What is the procedure of this coating? Just wash and spray the coating?
4) It is mentioned that it lasts up to 1 year? What is the terms and conditions of this? Or is it guaranteed no matter under what circumstances?
5) Any follow up treatment required after 6 months?
6) Can I still wax my car after the Permanon coating?
7) If my car has swirl/ scratch marks, will it help to remove?

Appreciate your kind reply on this, hemah. Thank you. Smile

chrisgohtm
chrisgohtm
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

DIY Permanon Car Supershine - Kiss Waxing Goodbye - Page 2 Empty Re: DIY Permanon Car Supershine - Kiss Waxing Goodbye

Post by hemah 2011-10-23, 7:10 am

chrisgohtm wrote:Hi hemah,

1) How much is it?
4) It is mentioned that it lasts up to 1 year? What is the terms and conditions of this? Or is it guaranteed no matter under what circumstances?

Hi Bro,

Pm sent.

Cheers

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-10-23, 9:39 am

dershyong wrote:Hi hemah,

1) How much is it?

Pm me details for the above questions

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-10-24, 8:16 am

teetaatee wrote:

1) How much is it?

sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-24, 4:47 pm

sfunglee wrote:
teetaatee wrote:

1) How much is it?

Hi Bro,

PM sent.

Cheers

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-25, 4:22 pm

A testimonial from VW Golf owner - Bro Kenso

Application of Permanon is fairly straight forward. Mix 120ml water with 30ml of Permanon, spray with the spray bottle that comes with the box, then subsequently wash with the supplied shampoo which also contains some Permanon material. The material reminds me of a hair saloon .... just a small tinge of ammonia (not sure if this ingredient is in the mixture).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The car was not washed for a week (gasp!) and some spot marks were present on the bonnet. Btw, what's coating the car presently is Swisswax Onyx

After application. Honestly, I expected a result like this .... the compounding did help remove significant orange peel and optical reflection remains good.

Permanon is fairly easy to use. Spray on and buff off panel by panel. Layering is possible but more to ensure all surfaces are covered instead of creating more depth.

Had too much product left so decided to do 2 coatings on the rims too.

Will continue to monitor for water beading/sheeting characteristics and report here later.

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-25, 4:25 pm

A review from Autogeek, one of the most popular car detailing website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some of the contents are as follows.

I received 2 sample products from Permanon that I requested to do a review on. They sent me both the Auto product as well as the Platinum product. The Platinum is a new product that was just introduced in 2011.

What is Permanon?

Permanon is a one-of-a-kind technology product that is a spray on nano coating for non porous surfaces. Their technology has been licensed to G Techniq however for their C2 coating. That product has similarities to the Permanon Auto product. Currently there is no product similar to the Platinum.

How does it work?

To me, this is the most fascinating part about it. This technology actually came about as a result of a laboratory mishap which yielded a result that would ultimately become Permanon. Most surfaces in nature have a negative charge to them. These surfaces include the painted surface on your car whether it be metal, plastic, aluminum or carbon fibre. Glass and plastic are also negatively charged. In fact, if you apply a wax, sealant or nano glass coating to the surface such as Opti Coat or CQuartz, the surface retains its negative charge. Permanon contains silicon which has in nature a positive charge. You know what happens if you hold 2 magnets to each other with a negative side on one and a positive side on another: they attach themselves to each other very quickly. This is exactly what happens when you spray Permanon onto the surface of a non porous material. The protection in Permanon attaches itself to the surface. Not only that, but the true chemical beauty of it is that the surface has now changed polarity and has a positive charge. The significance of that is that dust, dirt and water are actually repelled by the surface of the material. Just like trying to bring 2 magnets together of the same polarity....ain't gonna happen!!

What can it be applied to?

As previously mentioned, non porous materials. What it will not work on is a much shorter list than what it will work on. Do not apply to cloth, unsealed leather, and rubber. Metal, plastic and glass are primary examples of what can be treated with Permanon. The metal can even be bare. I treated raw aluminum with Permanon Platinum and it sealed it and protected it against oxidization and finger prints. See HERE for the link to the job. You can pretty much apply Permanon to the entire outside of your vehicle. Paint, glass and trim. It will not hurt the tires or rubber if it is sprayed onto the surface, it just won't yield any protection for that surface.

How can it be applied?

Permanon, either Auto or Platinum, comes highly concentrated. In fact, you can use either a 5 or max 10% solution of Permanon to 90 to 95% of distilled water. Application can be via a pump sprayer of the garden type variety or even through a pressurized paint gun. You do not need to soak the surface. Just mist it on until you see the water on the surface beading and then you know it has bonded. The surface does not need to be previously wiped down with an alcohol wipe or equivalent. Make sure the surface is clean and dry...that's it!

How do I remove it?

OK, if the technology of this product didn't set it apart already, wait to you hear this: you can actually apply and remove this product without touching your surface! Once the Permanon has been applied, it can be immediately removed as the bonding process is instantaneous. All you are doing at this point is removing the distilled water that was used as a carrier for the Permanon. So, to remove that water without touching your paint, use a leaf blower or auto blower such as the Master Blaster. You don't want to leave the water on the paint, even if it is distilled, since you may get water spotting with it. Voila! You have just protected your surface without actually touching it. That method is my personal suggestion. Permanon suggests drying the surface with a micro fiber drying towel. Fair enough, but we all know that any time you touch the surface, you risk instilling marring of the paint. My method prevents that.

What kind of durability can I expect?

Permanon is not removed by normal cleaning products. You can remove it with an alkaline PH of 12.5 or greater which is extremely high on the scale. Most acids will not remove it although hydrofluoric acid can as well. These 2 examples are not something to which you would ever subject a painted surface! Otherwise, it will stay active for approx 6 months on a daily driver. A "Garage Queen" could theoretically stay protected for years.

What about maintenance?

Permanon will not adhere to itself. (Remember the magnets of the same polarity?) However, if there is an area where the Permanon has started to fade from, simply go over that area with new Permanon and it will bond to the low spots or the spots where it is no longer active. If in doubt, just go around the whole car again.

Permanon's Strengths:

I've already mentioned the repelling of dirt, dust and water. One of the key attributes to Permanon as well is its ability to withstand heat. Where this comes into play specifically with autos is with wheels and the resulting brake dust. When the brake dust settles on the wheels, it is at 265°F. This product can withstand heat up to 572°F!! Therefore, the brake dust cannot burn itself onto the surface of the Permanon-treated wheel like it could with a wax or sealant treated surface. Cleaning of brake dust just got easy.

Why different products?

The original product developed for vehicles was the Permanon Auto. In 2011, Permanon introduced Platinum. It is the same type of spray on silica based product, yet it has a higher silicon content than the Auto does. This makes it a better product with better bonding characteristics.

Let me see it in action!

Here is a video review I shot on my iphone (one handed all by myself; sorry about the quality) that demonstrates the water shedding characteristics of Permanon (and as compared to CQuartz) as well as the application of the Platinum.

Conclusions:

This can be used in many ways. It can be used for stand alone protection for the outside of a vehicle with a time frame of approx 6 months of protection. It can be used in difficult to access areas such as the barrels of wheels and the wheel wells if they're non porous. Permanon offers great protection for wheels due to its heat resistance. It gives the surface a smooth feel and a brilliant shine. The uses are really only limited by your imagination. It can be an excellent topper for any coating or protection that you may already have so you don't need to strip or polish your paint to apply it.
It will act like an Aquapel type product on glass when driving down the road. The bottle will last a long time due to its concentration and mixing ratio.

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-10-27, 8:35 am

Thnakd for these products sharing~
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-27, 1:23 pm

sfunglee wrote:Thnakd for these products sharing~

You are welcome bro.

Sharing is caring. Very Happy

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-10-27, 11:15 pm

hehehe... =)

gimme discount later
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-28, 7:09 am

sfunglee wrote:hehehe... =)

gimme discount later

Sure bro. Very Happy

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-10-28, 7:59 am

hemah where to COD?
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-28, 8:26 am

sfunglee wrote:hemah where to COD?

Hi Bro,

PM Sent.

Cheers

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-10-28, 2:58 pm

Thx received adi
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John91 2011-10-29, 1:57 am

Pm price and all pls. Thx =)
John91
John91
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-29, 6:34 am

John91 wrote:Pm price and all pls. Thx =)

Hi Bro,

PM sent

Cheers

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jetfighter 2011-10-30, 3:47 pm

Pm me too

jetfighter
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-30, 10:32 pm

jetfighter wrote:Pm me too

PM sent, bro.

Cheers

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-30, 10:44 pm

[QUOTE=explorer;862351]After a wash down to remove some birds poo.... Haha. Swee!

[/QUOTE]

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-30, 10:46 pm

Photos from ALT - MyCarForum

Just like to add to this long list of testimonials here -- this product really works and is pretty amazing.

Frankly, I was initially skeptical about this Permanon as I've tried quite a few types of other reputed brands before; not to mention that I've also sent my car for professional grooming -- all in a bid to get some kind of lasting shine on it.

When I came across this Permanon and read all the raving reviews about it, I deliberated for some time, not wanting to get caught up in another "empty-promise" or "hyped-up" type of product.I finally gave in after reading more testimonials and decided to get the iShine Max package just to try it out.

The results of using the CarShine and BrilliantShine shampoo were outstanding. The water beading works throughout the week despite days of heavy rain -- both on the glass and car body. The car stayed shiny thru the days of rain. Even bird droppings were now a breeze to wash off.

One of things that I was most pleased about was that the streaking and juddering that my wipers used to have now no longer exists. Brilliant!

Of course, the service from Martin was also excellent. He is prompt and patient in his replies and this enhances the whole experience of getting this Permanon product. With this first hand experience, I'm now a firm believer in this product and have even bought my second bottle of CarShine!

Am definitely going to recommend Permanon to rest of family and friends.

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-30, 10:48 pm

After applying Permanon for over 1 week, I think it is time to share my opinion of Permanon.

I’m into my 7th car and I’ve never carry out any polishing on all my previous ride. Though I bought wax and tried to do it once, I found it was too much work. Sending the car for routine professional waxing will burn a big hole in my pocket.

I decided to call Martin after reading about Permanon from car forum as it seems easy enough for me to do it myself and not having to spend too much. Martin’s professionalism convinced me to give it a try.

I mixed the Brilliant Shine shampoo with water and use an empty “Kiwi Kleen” bottle to spray all over the car. The 500 ml bottle was enough to spray over the whole car with no wastage as compared to using bucket. I rinse the car with dripping wet cloth and I could immediately see the water repelling effect by only using the shampoo. I understand now why Martin is strongly recommending the shampoo. Next come the application of the precious Permanon. The applicator (round plastic) wrap with micro fibre cloth is very useful to make sure the nano product is evenly spread and most important, it helps to remove some stubborn stains that was not remove during earlier washing.I took longer to apply the Permanon than stated but within my tolerance level. I was actually enjoying it especially the satisfaction of seeing the fruit of my labour.

The result was just as what was stated. I got a shinning car like when I first collected my new car.It did not rain for the next 2 days but on the 3rd day, I experienced light drizzle which is usually worse than heavy rain as the dirt will stains the glass and body. To my surprise, the car was clean like after being wash, the water flying off the front wind screen is a joy.

I would recommend Permanon to anyone who find it too hard/tiring to do waxing.

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jetfighter 2011-10-31, 7:16 am

Pls call 0179192033. Would like to COD

jetfighter
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-10-31, 8:24 am

Hemah, just to ask... Is ur stuff like Turtle Wax ICE?
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hemah 2011-10-31, 1:10 pm

sfunglee wrote:Hemah, just to ask... Is ur stuff like Turtle Wax ICE?

Hi Bro,

PM sent

Cheers

hemah
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-11-01, 8:22 am

TQ
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next