Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Facelift Fiesta Asean premiere in Bangkok

5 posters

Go down

Facelift Fiesta Asean premiere in Bangkok Empty Facelift Fiesta Asean premiere in Bangkok

Post by alexdp 2013-03-26, 8:01 pm

Guys check this out. Just wanna share. Would be nice if comes to malaysia with the 1.0 l ecoboost engine. So nice man. Shocked

http://paultan.org/2013/03/26/ford-fiesta-facelift-makes-thai-debut-with-1-0-ecoboost/
alexdp
alexdp
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Facelift Fiesta Asean premiere in Bangkok Empty Re: Facelift Fiesta Asean premiere in Bangkok

Post by dares 2013-03-26, 8:49 pm

Looks like the Ecoboost 1.0 mill might just reach our shores after all Cool
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Facelift Fiesta Asean premiere in Bangkok Empty Re: Facelift Fiesta Asean premiere in Bangkok

Post by moolastrikes 2013-03-26, 11:18 pm

damn, but i'm more interested in 1.6l Ecoboost. Very Happy still worry about 3 bangers lifespan in the long run.
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexdp 2013-03-27, 8:01 am

1.0L ecoboost bro..u pay road tax and petrol for the like of viva instead u get the power of civic. that sounds delicious..... lol!

ps: i just made up the comparison..maybe its not true..haha
alexdp
alexdp
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by girlieman 2013-03-28, 12:21 am

heard the 1L ecoboost is gonna be slightly more expensive when it arrives in malaysi..=(..i wonder why..

plus from that article, it seems they might wanna downgrade our 1.6L to a 1.5L engine..double whammy..D=

girlieman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-28, 8:08 am

moolastrikes wrote:damn, but i'm more interested in 1.6l Ecoboost. Very Happy still worry about 3 bangers lifespan in the long run.

That one you need to wait for the Fiesta ST to arrive Smile

Why would you worry about the 3 cylinder design?
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-28, 8:09 am

girlieman wrote:heard the 1L ecoboost is gonna be slightly more expensive when it arrives in malaysi..=(..i wonder why..

plus from that article, it seems they might wanna downgrade our 1.6L to a 1.5L engine..double whammy..D=

If you know why the Thai 1.6l was downgraded to 1.5l, you will hate Toyota and Honda even more.
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexdp 2013-03-28, 8:55 am

girlieman wrote:heard the 1L ecoboost is gonna be slightly more expensive when it arrives in malaysi..=(..i wonder why..

Yeah even now you can compare Focus with Mondeo. Different prize range for the same engine displacement just because the latter have ecoboost. Sigh...
alexdp
alexdp
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anissa_kyra 2013-03-28, 9:04 am

if i not mistaken , ford malaysia will bring fiesta 1.0l ecoboost and the price range maybe rm 150k ~ rm 160k because of tax..it just a rumours from sdac..about fiesta 1.5, they have confirm dat new fiesta will be 1.5, and they said maybe new batch will com in in this june..

anissa_kyra
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-28, 9:31 am

anissa_kyra wrote:if i not mistaken , ford malaysia will bring fiesta 1.0l ecoboost and the price range maybe rm 150k ~ rm 160k because of tax..it just a rumours from sdac..about fiesta 1.5, they have confirm dat new fiesta will be 1.5, and they said maybe new batch will com in in this june..

1.0l Ecoboost selling at RM160k Shocked Can buy Polo GTI already weiii...

If this is true Ford is really shooting they own leg. Mad

I really hope you mean Fiesta ST Twisted Evil
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexdp 2013-03-28, 10:16 am

dares wrote:
anissa_kyra wrote:if i not mistaken , ford malaysia will bring fiesta 1.0l ecoboost and the price range maybe rm 150k ~ rm 160k because of tax..it just a rumours from sdac..about fiesta 1.5, they have confirm dat new fiesta will be 1.5, and they said maybe new batch will com in in this june..

Lol. that is so true. if 150k people may opt for Polo maa...
alexdp
alexdp
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anissa_kyra 2013-03-28, 10:32 am

dares wrote:

its true la wehhh..i ask my SA..hahaha..but if they assmebled in raayong, maybe the price can decrease a little bit..

anissa_kyra
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anissa_kyra 2013-03-28, 10:34 am

alexdp wrote:
dares wrote:

Lol. that is so true. if 150k people may opt for Polo maa...

i can accept dat price if it for 1.6 ecoboost..hahahaha..

anissa_kyra
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by girlieman 2013-03-28, 8:30 pm

dares wrote:

If you know why the Thai 1.6l was downgraded to 1.5l, you will hate Toyota and Honda even more.

do tell why LOL...

if it doesn't affect the car's performance, i wouldn't mind having an engine downgrade. same performance for lower fuel consumption, what's not to like?

150k-160k for a 1L ecoboost is overpriced tbh..but again i wouldn't mind if the performance of the car beats polo gti (or golf gti.. Very Happy )hands down.

if you guys are interested in the specs on how 1L ecoboost performs, do click the following link and download the brochure..

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Fiesta/BrochureAndPriceLists

girlieman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-28, 8:48 pm

girlieman wrote:do tell why LOL...

if it doesn't affect the car's performance, i wouldn't mind having an engine downgrade. same performance for lower fuel consumption, what's not to like?

150k-160k for a 1L ecoboost is overpriced tbh..but again i wouldn't mind if the performance of the car beats polo gti (or golf gti.. Very Happy )hands down.

if you guys are interested in the specs on how 1L ecoboost performs, do click the following link and download the brochure..

The gist of it is, Thailand implemented a first carbuyer scheme whereby new buyers stand to receive up to RM10k rebate, and is only applicable for cars that are 1.5l and below. It is alleged that Toyota, with their bestselling Vios, influenced the implementation of such a scheme to push the sales of their own cars.

http://www.cbt.com.my/2012/03/20/ford-fiesta-1-5-launching-in-thailand-this-month/

Ford Thailand does not need to reduce its price further because under the Thai government's so called first-car buyer scheme, qualified buyers stand to gain up to THB 100,000 (about RM 10,000) in vehicle tax rebates.
The scheme is only applicable for Thai assembled passenger cars below 1.5-liter and pick-up trucks below 1 million Baht.

Previously, the Fiesta could not qualify for the scheme due to its
larger 1.6-litre engine. When the scheme was announced, Ford has 600
orders of its Fiesta cancelled while sales nose dived 20 percent in the
following month.

Ford Thailand lodged a complaint but eventually figured that given
how influential Toyota is in Thailand (its Vios is a 1.5-litre model and
being the market leader, the scheme clearly benefited Toyota the most),
it would be more productive to work on modifying the Fiesta's 1.6-litre
engine into a 1.5-litre.
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by girlieman 2013-03-28, 11:19 pm

dares wrote:
girlieman wrote:do tell why LOL...

The gist of it is, Thailand implemented a first carbuyer scheme whereby new buyers stand to receive up to RM10k rebate, and is only applicable for cars that are 1.5l and below. It is alleged that Toyota, with their bestselling Vios, influenced the implementation of such a scheme to push the sales of their own cars.

http://www.cbt.com.my/2012/03/20/ford-fiesta-1-5-launching-in-thailand-this-month/

Ford Thailand does not need to reduce its price further because under the Thai government's so called first-car buyer scheme, qualified buyers stand to gain up to THB 100,000 (about RM 10,000) in vehicle tax rebates.
The scheme is only applicable for Thai assembled passenger cars below 1.5-liter and pick-up trucks below 1 million Baht.

Previously, the Fiesta could not qualify for the scheme due to its
larger 1.6-litre engine. When the scheme was announced, Ford has 600
orders of its Fiesta cancelled while sales nose dived 20 percent in the
following month.

Ford Thailand lodged a complaint but eventually figured that given
how influential Toyota is in Thailand (its Vios is a 1.5-litre model and
being the market leader, the scheme clearly benefited Toyota the most),
it would be more productive to work on modifying the Fiesta's 1.6-litre
engine into a 1.5-litre.

that sucks..but how does that affect us?we're not in thailand

girlieman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-29, 8:21 am

girlieman wrote:

It doesn't...yet. Though the the facelift Fiesta that arrives in Malaysia may come in either 1.5l NA or 1.0l Ecoboost, no more 1.6l.

The point being, it was Toyota who had a hand in forcing Ford Thailand to downgrade their engines.
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by girlieman 2013-03-30, 12:06 pm

dares wrote:
girlieman wrote:

It doesn't...yet. Though the the facelift Fiesta that arrives in Malaysia may come in either 1.5l NA or 1.0l Ecoboost, no more 1.6l.

The point being, it was Toyota who had a hand in forcing Ford Thailand to downgrade their engines.

aww man...according to ford UK brochure, the 1L ecoboost is actually slightly more spirited than our current 1.6L model if based on their acceleration figures.

as for 1.5L, like i mentioned if it doesn't affects the performance of the vehicle then im okay with it but not hoping much of course.=)

girlieman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down