Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Why Fiesta?

+2
Dias
mushroomswiss
6 posters

Go down

Why Fiesta? Empty Why Fiesta?

Post by mushroomswiss 2011-10-31, 11:32 am

hi guys, im just wondering why'd you guys chose to buy a FiFo compared to more popular make in malaysia such as Toyota or Honda. Considering the resale value of a Fiesta is not as good compared to the rest and the FiFo are also well known for its gearbox problem and fell under the NOT RECOMMENDED buy for CR Review... Mind sharing your opinion?

mushroomswiss
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Why Fiesta? Empty Re: Why Fiesta?

Post by Dias 2011-10-31, 11:45 am

Owning one since Nov'10 (sedan). Till now no issues with the gearbox. To say "well known" is sort of an exaggeration.
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-10-31, 2:32 pm

TBH I was going for vios basic model (manual). But when I saw the brochure, I went for broke.

Love at first sight, I guess.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mushroomswiss 2011-10-31, 4:37 pm

Well all opinions and feedback are subjective and most welcome... afro

mushroomswiss
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mushroomswiss 2011-10-31, 4:54 pm

Here Some of the reviews :-

Oct 25, 2011
Consumer Reports reliability scores: Ford tanks, Jeep jumps

First-year flaws in its Explorer SUV and Fiesta and Focus small cars wrecked Ford's scores in Consumer Reports magazine's latest predicted-reliability report card.

The three new Ford models "all had below-average reliability in their first year," dropping the Ford brand's overall ranking to No. 20 this year, from No. 10 a year ago. CR said that until now Ford has been "a model of American reliability, competing well against Japanese makes." But not now. It's 10-spot tumble was the biggest drop of any major brand in the report.

Particular problems included the MyFord Touch electronic control system and a dry-clutch automatic transmission in the Fiesta and Focus.

MODELS NEWLY "RECOMMENDED" -- AND NOT
Reliability predictions play a key role in CR's decision to recommend a model or not, along with road tests and independent crash tests. Models that newly gained recommended status thanks to the new reliability survey, and those that fell off the recommended list. (* indicates data based on one model year):

NOT RECOMMENDED
Now have sufficient data but are below average

Buick Regal*
BMW 5 Series*
Chevrolet Cruze*
Chrysler Town & Country*
Dodge Grand Caravan*
Ford Explorer*
Ford Fiesta*
Ford Focus*
Honda Odyssey*
Jaguar XJ*
Porsche Cayenne*
Toyota Sienna (AWD)*
Volkswagen Jetta TDI* Sedan

Models with declining reliability

Buick Enclave (AWD)
Buick LaCrosse (FWD)
Cadillac SRX
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (V8, 4WD)
Dodge Ram 1500 (4WD)
Ford Flex (EcoBoost)
GMC Sierra 1500 (V8, 4WD)
Hyundai Santa Fe (V6)
Kia Sorento (V6)*
Lincoln MKT*
Mercedes-Benz S-Class*
Volkswagen CC

Note from CR: "Predictions based on only a single year's data are somewhat tentative ... That reinforces our advice to not buy a new or redesigned model in its first year.
Note from CR: New or redesigned 2011 or early 2012 models with insufficient data yet to make the recommended list include the Audi A8, Chrysler 300, Dodge Avenger and Charger, Fiat 500,Hyundai Equus, Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, Mazda2, Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, Nissan Leaf, Nissan Quest, Scion tC, and Volkswagen Touareg.

P/s : Just for sharing, i own a FiFo Too LOL

mushroomswiss
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-11-01, 8:26 am

Just love it!
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-11-01, 8:26 am

Oh this is not my 1st Ford~
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-11-01, 4:56 pm

Tbh that cr is suspicously bias. But thats just me.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ArToo 2011-11-01, 5:57 pm

Ford Fiesta fits almost all my decision making criteria... and it looks great...
and I don't look too much into figures obtained from the internet...
ArToo
ArToo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cossie 2011-11-01, 9:40 pm

spymonkey wrote:TBH I was going for vios basic model (manual). But when I saw the brochure, I went for broke.

Love at first sight, I guess.

myself i was considering proton exora, proton inspira, toyota vios, honda insight, and kia forte.

test drove all of them and many of these cars i'm familiar with since many friends own them.

then i recalled those fun days i had with my alfa romeo giulia super with the semi-race twin cams, double barrel twin carburetters driving the rear wheels.

why live with something boring?

bounce
cossie
cossie
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-11-01, 11:12 pm

cossie wrote:

why live with something boring?

bounce
My thoughts exactly. Tbh its the owner makes the car. You can buy a gtr but if (BIG if) you dont like it then its no use. Experts can say all they want, but in the end its up to you.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mushroomswiss 2011-11-02, 8:49 am

i almost got a Honda City for my wife, but somehow the SA convinced me to test drive the Fiesta just before i purchased the City. I wouldnt say that it was love at first sight but it just felt right. But then again i do have some problems here and there for the FiFo, but i guess that comes with all new cars... TBH Ken Block changed my perseption on the FiFo

mushroomswiss
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2011-11-02, 9:49 am

MyFord Touch from what I can see (based on its features of being able to connect to the internet and have 911 assist function) is a US only thing. Main gripes from US consumers are that the MyFord Touch are not intuitively easy to use (i.e. not user friendly) and can be buggy at times (not to mentioned a road hazard since drivers might be distracted trying to operate the system).

Ford Fiesta's Powerclutch in the US is supplied by the GETRAG Mexico plant. Not sure where the ASEAN spec ones come from though but definitely not from Mexico from a costing POV. I doubt it could be the design since it should all come from a standard blueprint but maybe due to competency of the assembly workers?

Anyway, two root causes on the Powershift issues that I could find on the net (part of it is just copy-paste here).
- Cold weather resulting in hard shifting or not being able to start up (their cold mornings up north is colder than those along the equator)
- Low voltage in the car's electical system and exhibiting a hard start, no start, intermittent start, noise from bellhousing during start and/or various automatic transmission engagement concerns such as no engagement or intermittent no engagement in Drive or Reverse when shifting from Park to Drive or Reverse, grinding noise during engagement and/or a check engine light with transmission control module (TCM) diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P06B8 or P0884. (resolved by a software update for the transmission along with scraping paint away from underneath the battery's ground screw for a better connection.)
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-11-02, 1:00 pm

Oh yeah, just an add on point...

My family used to own two nice Ford back ago...
The KING of cars FORD TELSTAR TX5 GHIA + FORD TELSTAR TX3 SPORT

So now I've having a baby look alike TX3, that it why I want it!!!
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mushroomswiss 2011-11-02, 2:07 pm

Dias wrote: I doubt it could be the design since it should all come from a standard blueprint but maybe due to competency of the assembly workers?

Agreed.....

mushroomswiss
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cossie 2011-11-02, 4:48 pm

Dias wrote:
- Low voltage in the car's electical system and exhibiting a hard start, no start, intermittent start, noise from bellhousing during start and/or various automatic transmission engagement concerns such as no engagement or intermittent no engagement in Drive or Reverse when shifting from Park to Drive or Reverse, grinding noise during engagement and/or a check engine light with transmission control module (TCM) diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P06B8 or P0884. (resolved by a software update for the transmission along with scraping paint away from underneath the battery's ground screw for a better connection.)

what about adding an additional grounding cable?

can we do that to reduce resistance?
cossie
cossie
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-11-03, 8:20 am

cossis, adding g/cable will only deliver a better / constant current it might improve slighty responsive time... Anyhow if the TCM is not well develop (ie. weak software) it is useless...

take an example, u put additional power boost to ipad, it does't speed up like ipad2 =)
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mushroomswiss 2011-11-03, 10:26 am

so basically we can send in the Fifo and ask them just to do a software update on the TCM at the ASC ?

mushroomswiss
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-11-03, 1:33 pm

no idea, maybe u could ask on behalf of us..

Thanks ya
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down