Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Fiesta lost power and went to a dead halt!!! Anyone Facing this?

+4
abidfana
ArToo
spymonkey
Founder
8 posters

Go down

Fiesta lost power and went to a dead halt!!! Anyone Facing this?  Empty Fiesta lost power and went to a dead halt!!! Anyone Facing this?

Post by Founder 2011-12-17, 2:00 am

Hey Guys,

Finally I've encountered a serious problem that I reckon is worth to ask if anyone is facing or have experienced this before. I was driving in the Fiesta about 90kmph in a pretty heavy rain storm up a slight incline and all of a sudden there was an accident that happened in front of me and I abruptly hit the brakes but not allowing the car to skid to a stop. While the car was going to a near dead stop I avoided the accident which happened in front of me and I then stepped on the accelerator drive by.

To my surprise, the car just lost all its power, and no mater how hard I pressed the accelerator, the car RPM wont go past 3k and the car just slowly went to a dead stop but the engine was still running. I engaged to L and back to D just to see if the gears were causing the issue however the car still remained on a dead stop for approx 45 seconds just in time for me to glide the car to the road side. After nearly 1 min and 30 secs, the car then seemed to be back to normal and drove normally.

Has anyone faced this problem before and if yes, pls chip in some details, thanks guys!

Jason Lim
FCM Founder

Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

https://fiestaclubmalaysia.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Fiesta lost power and went to a dead halt!!! Anyone Facing this?  Empty Re: Fiesta lost power and went to a dead halt!!! Anyone Facing this?

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-17, 1:00 pm

AFAIK there is one owner encountered exactly the same problem as you. I dont know him personally since I just watched his youtube clip. During the clip he describes the same problem as you, as in car suddenly stops.

I'll try looking for his clip and link it here.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Fiesta lost power and went to a dead halt!!! Anyone Facing this?  Empty Re: Fiesta lost power and went to a dead halt!!! Anyone Facing this?

Post by ArToo 2011-12-17, 9:24 pm

I've seen that youtube clip as well.... If not mistaken, his problem is related to a switch which detect whether you're stepping on the brake pedal. It's located underneath the steering wheel.
ArToo
ArToo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ArToo 2011-12-17, 9:36 pm

Ahh... Found it... It happened to our fellow FCM member tallboisean...
here's the link with youtube video:
One of the Fiesta Issue Post
ArToo
ArToo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abidfana 2011-12-17, 10:29 pm

I just came back from Ford Driving Skill. Had a understeer/oversteer session, firstly by using Fiesta 1.4 without ESP, and secondly with 1.6 sport with ESP (standard isn't it?). When I drove 1.6 FoFi with ESP, the situation which usually will cause oversteer, had been rectified with ESP, by kinda shutting down the power to gain traction for couple of second. The engine is still on, but cannot accelerate on that short time. Related maybe with your problem? A lot of sensor actually inside our FoFi.

abidfana
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2011-12-17, 11:03 pm

abidfana wrote:I just came back from Ford Driving Skill. Had a understeer/oversteer session, firstly by using Fiesta 1.4 without ESP, and secondly with 1.6 sport with ESP (standard isn't it?). When I drove 1.6 FoFi with ESP, the situation which usually will cause oversteer, had been rectified with ESP, by kinda shutting down the power to gain traction for couple of second. The engine is still on, but cannot accelerate on that short time. Related maybe with your problem? A lot of sensor actually inside our FoFi.

What happened was the car didn't stall for just a few seconds, the power was shut off completely for nearly a full minute and nearly caused an accident behind me. Smile

Jason Lim
FCM Founder
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

https://fiestaclubmalaysia.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayn Chow 2011-12-18, 1:28 pm

It look like Sean Lim case ..
Wayn Chow
Wayn Chow
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-12-19, 8:21 am

abidfana where is the ford school lesson?
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2011-12-21, 4:04 pm

hmm i hope it wont happen to me as im driving go n bck to work in a damn bz hway..hway pasir gudang..

Back to top Go down

Post by abidfana 2011-12-21, 10:51 pm

My guest was that (as non-technical background) your car sensor sense oversteering condition for more than it should sense, hence power shut down. guest only. temporary sensor malfunction maybe, because heavy rain?

i joined the ford driving skill course as advertised in FB page for Ford Fiesta Malaysia and as broadcasted in here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Founder wrote:
abidfana wrote:I just came back from Ford Driving Skill. Had a understeer/oversteer session, firstly by using Fiesta 1.4 without ESP, and secondly with 1.6 sport with ESP (standard isn't it?). When I drove 1.6 FoFi with ESP, the situation which usually will cause oversteer, had been rectified with ESP, by kinda shutting down the power to gain traction for couple of second. The engine is still on, but cannot accelerate on that short time. Related maybe with your problem? A lot of sensor actually inside our FoFi.

What happened was the car didn't stall for just a few seconds, the power was shut off completely for nearly a full minute and nearly caused an accident behind me. Smile

Jason Lim
FCM Founder

abidfana
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-12-22, 7:56 am

Oh i see thru FB.. but never announce in FCM rite?

By the way I saw that red + white stripe car before... Any XTR there?
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spikey 2012-01-13, 1:05 am

My case is probably the worst!! It totally stopped right in the middle of the highway!!! I cannot disclose my experience here in the forum. Sorry. Will discuss when we meet.

spikey
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Torque 2012-01-13, 1:14 am

spikey wrote:My case is probably the worst!! It totally stopped right in the middle of the highway!!! I cannot disclose my experience here in the forum. Sorry. Will discuss when we meet.

Spikey, do join us this 21st on our first 2012 TT Very Happy Im keen to listen to your experience you had similar to our Founder but I reckon you have a much severe experience. Hope to here from you Smile
Torque
Torque
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by spikey 2012-01-13, 1:19 am

Torque wrote:
spikey wrote:My case is probably the worst!! It totally stopped right in the middle of the highway!!! I cannot disclose my experience here in the forum. Sorry. Will discuss when we meet.

Spikey, do join us this 21st on our first 2012 TT Very Happy Im keen to listen to your experience you had similar to our Founder but I reckon you have a much severe experience. Hope to here from you Smile

If I disclose my experience here, FM will come after me! Razz

spikey
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Torque 2012-01-13, 12:03 pm

spikey wrote:
Torque wrote:

Don't worry Spikey,

The reason I chose to Join FCM is due to the fact that FCM is a platform for all of us the "Fiestas owners" to have freedom of speech and voice out anything that's involves the car. It's by right that it is fully our rights to voice and share our experiences thats why I think many of us joined FCM Very Happy Don't worry, this portal is has already so many negative things about SDAC and its poor service and I personally if did not join this Club, I nearly bought my car from Persada Auto and would have gotten into a heap of unnecessary delay and after reading the many severe complaints against Persada Auto, thanks to FCM I got my Fiesta somewhere else. Do share your experience Spikey as the saying goes " No complaint = No Improvement" Very Happy And furthermore, why would FM go after you when it is entirely their fault right? Thers actually no Ford Malaysia but only SDAC which they are the Distributor of Ford cars Very Happy We are looking forward to hear your experiences Razz
Torque
Torque
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by spikey 2012-01-13, 11:46 pm

Torque wrote:
spikey wrote:
Torque wrote:

Don't worry Spikey,

The reason I chose to Join FCM is due to the fact that FCM is a platform for all of us the "Fiestas owners" to have freedom of speech and voice out anything that's involves the car. It's by right that it is fully our rights to voice and share our experiences thats why I think many of us joined FCM Very Happy Don't worry, this portal is has already so many negative things about SDAC and its poor service and I personally if did not join this Club, I nearly bought my car from Persada Auto and would have gotten into a heap of unnecessary delay and after reading the many severe complaints against Persada Auto, thanks to FCM I got my Fiesta somewhere else. Do share your experience Spikey as the saying goes " No complaint = No Improvement" Very Happy And furthermore, why would FM go after you when it is entirely their fault right? Thers actually no Ford Malaysia but only SDAC which they are the Distributor of Ford cars Very Happy We are looking forward to hear your experiences Razz

Dear Torque,

Will tell you in detail when we meet. Very Happy

spikey
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down