Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Ford Fiesta vs Proton Inspira

+5
sfunglee
spymonkey
evoii968
ArToo
raptorclans
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ford Fiesta vs Proton Inspira Empty Ford Fiesta vs Proton Inspira

Post by raptorclans 2011-12-09, 9:14 pm

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong section (I really dunno where it should go hehe)

Since I'm still waiting for my FoFi (slightly more than a month now), I've had some sudden 2nd thoughts cause some family members were asking if I should consider the Proton Inspira instead. I know it's in a different segment with diff target market etc, but it surely is in the same price range and it's basically a bigger car with a bigger capacity engine (plus RM5k discount till year end). However having not driven it before I can't say much in comparison to the FoFi (which I made a booking right after a single test drive). While I feel it looks nice, I'm kinda split about the sedate looks of the front (compared to the Lancer) and the rather bland dash. I do like the nappa leather seats and paddle shift though, and also the fact that it's practically 99% Lancer GT. A friend however has driven it, and says it is no contest to the handling of a FoFi. My brother feels the same, saying that the car may be bigger and all, but isn't anywhere as fun as having a FoFi... but it depends on what I need and which will serve me well long-term. I'm still leaning towards my long-awaited FoFi, I love the looks, the color and the interior (plus voice recognition) but I just don't like the odd feeling of this 'other option' hanging above my shoulder.

What do you guys think?
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Ford Fiesta vs Proton Inspira Empty Re: Ford Fiesta vs Proton Inspira

Post by ArToo 2011-12-09, 9:59 pm

I think only you yourself can truly answer that question.
Both are good cars aimed towards different market.
Proton Inspira is more of a family car, bigger and more practical (if you frequently carry more than just yourself)... The interior to me is rather dull...

Ford Fiesta is what European call a supermini/ sub-compact car... It's more of a car for the young at heart with that urge for spirited driving. I can't say it's fast but it is certainly a lot of fun to drive, very good fuel economy and looks great inside out.
I've driven both cars, at their stock condition, and must say the FoFi is a lot more fun to drive...

For me, the final deciding criteria are fun and practicality... I say practical because I'm using it to carry only myself to work and I'll be driving the FoFi alone 90% of the time. For family, I have another car for the purpose...
ArToo
ArToo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by evoii968 2011-12-10, 9:51 pm

last time i also looking fofi n inspira... but proton stil the proton... how they change the look stil a proton....

evoii968
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2011-12-11, 11:13 am

well in terms of use, my current car is a medium-sized sedan (alfa) and like you i appreciate fun-to-drive cars. i'm also alone in the car 90% of the time.
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ArToo 2011-12-11, 1:14 pm

Haha... Good to talk to like-minded people.
If size and spaces are of no issues, take the FoFi... Wink
I sold my bigger sedan for the FoFi, as a second car, as the sedan was counterproductive in terms of fuel efficiency, at least for my usage. It dawned on me that if I'm not using the extra space, then I'm only driving around with extra weight most of the time and that's not good for the fuel.
Now, I really appreciate the FoFi's smaller size when it comes to parking...
ArToo
ArToo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-11, 2:55 pm

For long term, bigger car is better. You never know when you need that extra space, both car is good, and as you mention both are different. I wouldnt bash proton even though I dislike they rebrand a lancer rather than produce a new model.

You failed to mention your driving habits, will you drive all the time or do you have another car. Will you use it long distance for balik kampung, or drive it in city only, etc etc. Not that it matter much, but it will give you different POV.

That being said, if you're set on FoFi. I recommend you ask your salesman if he/she knows when model revision is coming. I googled some info, looks like ford are going to release a revision model next year, dont count on me though. But you might want to hold on just a little longer.

Edit: What ever the case have your car registered for 2012 for obvious reason.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2011-12-11, 3:03 pm

Hmm I drive often, well usually to and fro from work. Planning to sell off the current one due to plaguing problems, so my car will be my only one (still single bachelor). Long distance not much, unless occasionally driving to KL (bout 40-50kms away) counts.

I agree bout your view of long term thinking with the bigger car, u know if later I get a family and all. But at the same time I believe even if I get a family the fiesta should serve a young family fine right?

Regarding the revision, any more info on that? Cause I placed my booking early November and been still waiting. The salesperson said earliest end of Nov, but possible that it might extend to Dec (which it already has) and perhaps even Jan 2012.
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-12-14, 8:10 am

Same here, agreed... In terms of bigger size car are more advantages in long journey...

My family ever thought to get a recond S class for hometown travelling used...
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2011-12-14, 11:26 am

go with what ur heart tells (i think it want fiesta).. huhu

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2011-12-14, 9:11 pm

hahaha yeah... heart says want Fiesta cos of its sportiness, build quality and looks (colors!!)... but mind says the other is a bigger (physically and power-wise) and possibly more comfortable T__T
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-12-15, 11:21 am

We can only drive one car at a time, even u got more than one car T.T
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-15, 2:06 pm

Tell your mind, it got a date with the fist....haha.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2011-12-15, 2:32 pm

me oso can drive one car at a time... planning to time the sale of my current one to match the fofi's arrival. i can't afford to maintain two cars...
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hu_Lala 2011-12-16, 5:48 pm

fren I help u decide. Very Happy

even Petronas & Mah Sing Group like Fiesta, hehee...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hu_Lala
Hu_Lala
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-12-17, 2:43 pm

One thing for sure, fofi isnt that comfy thanks to its sports suspension. The same for any cars fitted with sports suspension system. My 15 years old accord rides better lol.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-12-19, 8:12 am

LOL i love the Petronas Fiesta color =)
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2011-12-19, 7:29 pm

oooh... yeah i remember that ad Very Happy

i dun really mind the sports suspension, after all my current car has such a set up too, and based on my test drive, the fofi was slightly more comfy Razz
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2011-12-30, 9:38 pm

still waiting for the car... now the new Elantra is tempting me... fluidic design, bigger interior and excellent features like the 6-speed tranny and extras... and has low fuel consumption like the fofi >_<
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2012-01-01, 11:21 am

Please dont go for korean cars. Bad quality most of them.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2012-01-01, 11:28 am

but their quality have improved tremendously of late, on par (and sometimes better) than japanese cars of the same class. my brother drives a hyundai and honestly it's the most solid car in the family
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-01-04, 3:39 pm

raptorclans wrote:still waiting for the car... now the new Elantra is tempting me... fluidic design, bigger interior and excellent features like the 6-speed tranny and extras... and has low fuel consumption like the fofi >_<

oh gosh raptorclans..i pray u get ur fiesta AS SOON AS POSIBBLE..u seems to be tempted wit all the cars around u! haha.. wait for ur fofi bro

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2012-01-04, 4:34 pm

royhaidy wrote:
raptorclans wrote:still waiting for the car... now the new Elantra is tempting me... fluidic design, bigger interior and excellent features like the 6-speed tranny and extras... and has low fuel consumption like the fofi >_<

oh gosh raptorclans..i pray u get ur fiesta AS SOON AS POSIBBLE..u seems to be tempted wit all the cars around u! haha.. wait for ur fofi bro

hahaha... well to be honest, the horror stories bout SDAC service are scaring me and my SA says my car's delayed due to parts affected by the flood, which only adds to the worries. and the thing is they keep delaying it... from a month to two and now more, and now they say the new batch is waiting clearance, but there's no guarantee i'll get mine yet *sigh*

and actually it was my family who suggested, as I'm going for something long term, they'd like me to drive something bigger. and on my part, i admit i really like the sexy design of the elantra, the good reviews are only helping. kinda confused >_<
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-01-04, 6:27 pm

hmm seems u are abit "low self esteem" on the Fofi.. cant blame you for it..well the choice is always yours bro.. watever it is..if u choose other than fofi u can stil join the forum..hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by raptorclans 2012-01-07, 5:28 pm

royhaidy wrote:hmm seems u are abit "low self esteem" on the Fofi.. cant blame you for it..well the choice is always yours bro.. watever it is..if u choose other than fofi u can stil join the forum..hehe

yeah, guess all the waiting and empty promises really got to me. anyways i kinda made up my mind. despite making a booking for the elantra, i'm gonna wait for my fofi. i hope the SA can keep the promise of delivering by mid-month Smile
raptorclans
raptorclans
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2012-01-07, 7:31 pm

When it comes to bootspace, the Inspira fails to impress when compared against the Fiesta sedan though. Just something that I have noted for quite awhile.
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next