Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Car boot carpet before spare tire has melted into the Chassis.

+6
teetaatee
Wayn Chow
Dias
jacklsw86
joeaggas
Founder
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Car boot carpet before spare tire has melted into the Chassis. Empty Car boot carpet before spare tire has melted into the Chassis.

Post by Founder 2011-05-23, 6:57 pm

Hi Guys, my carpet before my spare tire has actually melted into the cars chassis. The glue behind the carpet is totally fused into the chassis and when i try to lift the carpet, the carpet can be seen tearing off and sticking on the chassis. The melted portion is on the right side just below the exhaust portion. Evil or Very Mad

Jason Lim
FCM Founder and Creator

Last edited by Admin on 2011-08-22, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

https://fiestaclubmalaysia.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Car boot carpet before spare tire has melted into the Chassis. Empty Re: Car boot carpet before spare tire has melted into the Chassis.

Post by joeaggas 2011-05-24, 6:53 pm

got photo ka?
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Car boot carpet before spare tire has melted into the Chassis. Empty Re: Car boot carpet before spare tire has melted into the Chassis.

Post by Founder 2011-05-24, 8:23 pm

joeaggas wrote:got photo ka?

I have posted it in "Fiesta Club Malaysia" Facebook

Jason Lim
FCM Founder and Creator
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2011-05-31, 12:29 pm

I just called up the technical head in SDAC PJ to check on my status. Not to my surprise, they are still beating around the bush and even the head told me he couldn't get through to their technical head to verify for a solution. He says he has been trying to get him for days however he didn't pick up his phone??? This is outrages and ridiculous. If he cant get the technical head when he works in SDAC, how do we consumers get our issues rectified. I guess SDAC has to fix themselves first before they start to learn to solve other peoples issues. He claims" Me myself cant get through to his phone for days as well" I find this absurd! I will be taking this to the top and the top is not SDAC. If SDAC wants to provide such lousy service, then they better be well prepared to take the hits. They give lousy services, they have to be responsible.
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jacklsw86 2011-06-01, 2:42 pm

that's it. sdac never make any effort to improve. it's too bad ford has done so much to gain back their reputation in the autoindustry market but their sales representative in malaysia (sdac) screw them up.

meanwhile, they should also check why there are so many QC issues coming from the thailand's assembly plant in rayong. don't say they just make a sweatshop out of we asian people. sigh.
jacklsw86
jacklsw86
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2011-06-01, 7:34 pm

Left the office at around 6pm and reached home at 6:40pm. A mix of fast driving (around 120 - 140 km/h) and also slow driving (due to extremely slow moving traffic along the Kesas highway, HICOM intersection area). At work, my car is parked by the roadside under the sun.

Insulation area (I'm guessing that it's the black thing pasted onto the chassis) is warm to the touch The metal area (around the spare tire area) is hotter but touchable (i.e. able to firmly press the skin onto the metal without getting burnt). No signs of melting anywhere (insulation glue + mat) around the areas where the exhaust is located.

Maybe a bodykit modification messed up the airflow underneath the car that prevented heat dissipation?
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jacklsw86 2011-06-01, 10:59 pm

i checked also. the metal part is hot but still touchable.
jacklsw86
jacklsw86
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayn Chow 2011-06-02, 8:28 am

How about sedan still have same problem ?
Wayn Chow
Wayn Chow
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2011-06-02, 9:22 am

Sedan owner since end of November 2010 here.
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2011-06-02, 12:17 pm

Dias wrote:Left the office at around 6pm and reached home at 6:40pm. A mix of fast driving (around 120 - 140 km/h) and also slow driving (due to extremely slow moving traffic along the Kesas highway, HICOM intersection area). At work, my car is parked by the roadside under the sun.

Insulation area (I'm guessing that it's the black thing pasted onto the chassis) is warm to the touch The metal area (around the spare tire area) is hotter but touchable (i.e. able to firmly press the skin onto the metal without getting burnt). No signs of melting anywhere (insulation glue + mat) around the areas where the exhaust is located.

Maybe a bodykit modification messed up the airflow underneath the car that prevented heat dissipation?

Hi Dias,

My ride is pretty much stock all the way, no bodykits installed or any engine mods Very Happy

Jason Lim
FCM Founder and Creator
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jacklsw86 2011-06-02, 8:33 pm

today i checked again and did see some trails of melted boot carpet. luckily it's minor and sticky at the protuding parts that contact with the carpet. to prevent further damage, i put a piece of cloth over the part as an extra insulation.
jacklsw86
jacklsw86
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2011-06-02, 9:34 pm

A design flaw on the hatchback? No different from yesterday for me.
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-06-03, 12:21 am

do you guys mind to post the photo here? lazy want to log in facebook.

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jacklsw86 2011-06-03, 4:45 pm

here you go, got it from fiesta fb page:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

jacklsw86
jacklsw86
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-06-03, 4:51 pm

errrr, still not sure where is the carpet located. the spare tyre got carpet meh? lulz..so sorry. noob here. as well for facebook. rarely log in facebook. anyway thanks for the image

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2011-06-03, 5:31 pm

When you open the car boot, what do you see? A spare tire? Or a carpet above the tire? =)
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayn Chow 2011-06-06, 9:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I use the insuflex cover all .But still need to wait few week result .

Wayn Chow
Wayn Chow
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-06-08, 3:52 pm

ya, saw that rubber thingy on the right is starting to "eating" the carpet. i think of getting those cheapo sound proof from brothers and stick it

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2011-06-14, 1:23 pm

I just called SDAC PJ in regards to my melting carpet issue, I spoke with Mr Razali which supposedly is some Manager, I previously spoken with him weeks back and at that time, he was very friendly etc. I called him up earlier to check on my melting carpet issue and he began to push everything to another person called Mr Azman which i also did converse with him weeks earlier. Mr Azman to my surprise was really different this time, he was pretty much rude throughout the entire conversation and he claims that HE and SDAC cannot do anything and waiting for FORD Thailand to see into this matter. I kept on asking Mr Azman whether he did investigate on the overheating issues and he kept on pushing the ball to FORD Thailand again and again. He did not answer any of my questions and kept on avoiding any questions and just kept on mentioning FORD Thailand. Excuse me SDAC, now the problem is in Malaysia and with my car here, NOT Thailand and how do u expect FORD Thailand to know the real problem when i'm all the way here in Malaysia. Initially on the first visit to SDAC PJ, the service provided by Mr Razali and Mr Azman was very very nice and they were very friendly, however after calling back weeks later to follow up. OMG, their service is absolute RUBBISH!!! Come on SDAC!!! Don't just give us a good first impression, you gotta have the whole package!!! After weeks waiting and then calling you guys up, all you can do is bloody avoid the issues???? Who do you think I am??? And also by the way, whilst in the conversation with Mr Azman, while he was being rude, i told him that this conversation will be made known to all of FCM, he suddenly changed to a lighter tone and ended the conversation. Come on SDAC!!! You think by avoiding and putting in a show can solve your problem? Ill put u in the spotlight SDAC!!! I used to have a Suzuki Swift and i had a majot major ABS controller problem, I got the ABS controller changes in less than 1 week and their service is so efficient! This is not a comparison however take a good look at yourself SDAC! Am i the only one complaining or are there a lot more...

Jason Lim
FCM Founder and Creator
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Car boot carpet before spare tire has melted into the Chassis. Empty Melting Carpet Video

Post by Founder 2011-06-15, 2:30 am

Guys, This is the Video of the "Melting Carpet Issue" whereby SDAC Ford PJ has yet to rectify the problem. However, You can get the SOLUTION From External Sources. (SDAC to retify the problem = Since Forever)

Jason Lim
FCM Founder and Creator

Last edited by Founder on 2012-02-02, 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2011-06-15, 7:58 pm

good infos.thanks alot

Back to top Go down

Post by sundayman 2011-06-27, 11:11 am

my carpet melted too... and to make matter worst, the wooden board between the carpet and the metal surface is now bend because of the heat. The bend, only happen on the exhaust side, while on the other side, it's still ok.....

ford should recall their cars a s a p....

sometimes the metal surface got very hot after i've floored the throttle hard... heat = fire.... i dont want to die burning in my lovely car....
sundayman
sundayman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ong wc 2011-07-24, 9:26 am

so whats the stitch now? anyone manage to get it fixed?

i have no idea how long my carpet will last. the heat is skin burning and as suggested in FB, i've applied bamboo mat and it does help.... yet this is not a long term solution....

ong wc
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aizad 2011-07-25, 12:08 pm

i'd follow the vids, adding the heat insulator there. so far so good, just a mild warm can be felt between the carpet and the insulator. at least that saved the carpet from being melted. Very Happy
Aizad
Aizad
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ong wc 2011-08-08, 8:03 pm

indeed the bamboo somehow safe the carpet but the "come together insulator" melted to the bamboo mat also... sigh....

nonetheless, i will be at SDAC PJ this saturday morning 9am to voice this issue. anyone would like to join me? the more of us complaining, the more pressure we would be able to give them.

Cheers.....

Cool

ong wc
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next