Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

OEM ICE MP3 Compatibility

5 posters

Go down

OEM ICE MP3 Compatibility  Empty OEM ICE MP3 Compatibility

Post by pepsiman 2011-04-14, 9:35 am

Does anyone experience issue that some mp3 songs are not able to be played by the radio? I wonder if that is compatibility issue? By the way, i am playing the mp3 through USB Flash drive. Please help to all sifu here

pepsiman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

OEM ICE MP3 Compatibility  Empty Re: OEM ICE MP3 Compatibility

Post by syumul 2011-04-14, 10:29 am

never had an issue wit my USB playback..everything just smooth n silky
Laughing

syumul
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-04-14, 11:34 am

More info please. "not able to be played" can come to so many conclusion.

First things first, try these:
- assuming you expect it to be plug and play, press "aux" repeatedly to cycle through external devices

- does your mp3 have DRM embedded? I know this is rare, but something to look at, most probably you wont even know it. The player cant play any DRM embedded mp3, as stated in the manual.

- does your mp3 stopped playing midway? if this is the case, your usb or the port itself is loose, find something to sendal the thing. I use ciggie box + my handphone.

- does your mp3 are inside folders? You need to rename your folders to "Ford1". For multiple folders, Ford2 and so on. The player cant detect any mp3 inside any other folders. At least that's what the manual said. You better off without folders.

Then again more info please.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-04-14, 12:38 pm

same same here. sometimes that same file, the player can't read it. in order to fix that, i have to restart the player "switching it off and turning it on back"

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-04-14, 1:56 pm

teetaatee wrote:same same here. sometimes that same file, the player can't read it. in order to fix that, i have to restart the player "switching it off and turning it on back"

Refer to my third point, I noticed this happens the most on bumpy roads. My remedy is to make sure the usb wont wobble, so far it is working. To do this, you take a small box and place it on your ipod dock, aka sendal the damn thing. Hope this helps.

spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jacklsw86 2011-04-14, 2:04 pm

sometimes the quality and reliability of the usb drive affects the performance of the ICE too.
jacklsw86
jacklsw86
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsiman 2011-04-14, 3:52 pm

Thanks for the info. I will try provide more info again. It may be the mp3s are embedded with DRM. Will update guys =)

pepsiman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsiman 2011-04-15, 9:13 am

spymonkey wrote:More info please. "not able to be played" can come to so many conclusion.

First things first, try these:
- assuming you expect it to be plug and play, press "aux" repeatedly to cycle through external devices

- does your mp3 have DRM embedded? I know this is rare, but something to look at, most probably you wont even know it. The player cant play any DRM embedded mp3, as stated in the manual.

- does your mp3 stopped playing midway? if this is the case, your usb or the port itself is loose, find something to sendal the thing. I use ciggie box + my handphone.

- does your mp3 are inside folders? You need to rename your folders to "Ford1". For multiple folders, Ford2 and so on. The player cant detect any mp3 inside any other folders. At least that's what the manual said. You better off without folders.

Then again more info please.

I have managed to play the song under different folders by just changing the name to "Ford[no]". I try to check mp3 that cannot be played, and i cannot spot the differences. Any idea on how to check it?

pepsiman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-04-15, 11:47 am

Dont worry about the DRM thingy, it's only if you bought mp3s online (mostly with itunes). If you get it from "other" sources, rest assured it will not contain any DRM.

So you managed to play the song, grats. You can always do without folders.

One thing i noticed if your mp3 collection inside your usb is too many (not sure the exact numbers), shuffle function might go a bit crazy, playing the same set of mp3 rather than going random. In my case it does this.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down