Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Rust looking dirt under the car

+17
WaNaWe900
cannavaro
acestar
maggie1711
mushroomswiss
aaronsim
syahsnipper
sfunglee
svenzo
yappysh
pepsiman
nosaj08
Tristan
joeaggas
spymonkey
jacklsw86
melvin.goh
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rust looking dirt under the car Empty Rust looking dirt under the car

Post by melvin.goh 2011-04-09, 1:20 am

Hi bros,

I recently got my fiesta 1 week ago and i experience the rattling sound from the left side as well as the squeeking sound when turning the steering wheel as highlighted previously, so i am gonna ignore them and assume its will go away soon, but its annoying. i noticed too as i look under the car, the i see some rust looking dirt on most of the components under the car such as drive shaft, joints, bolts. Is this normal for a new car or i should get it checked out. I dont think ford will be shitty enough to put old part into a new car. Can someone explain. Please and thank u.

melvin.goh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Rust looking dirt under the car Empty Re: Rust looking dirt under the car

Post by jacklsw86 2011-04-09, 12:08 pm

whether it is dirt or rust it will affect your driving experience anyway. get it checked as soon as possible or upload a pic for us to evaluate if possible Smile (we're definitely friendly enough to help out other fofi owners).

jacklsw86
jacklsw86
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-04-09, 10:41 pm

If you have any problem send it to SC asap. That's what your warranty is for.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin.goh 2011-04-10, 1:58 am

Yeah so far its not giving me problems, im just afraid the problem comes later. i touched it and it does seem like its eating into the metal or its rust. I took a picture and let me know what u guys think.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

melvin.goh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-04-10, 7:54 am

Looks serious, that's the driveshaft right? Send it back to SC and bring the photo too, easier for you to tell them the problem sometimes their CSO dont know what they're talking.

Good luck.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin.goh 2011-04-10, 3:31 pm

Just went to the SC in PJ. They said might be the water during the waiting period and should not be the components actual rusting. Will be going back on sat for inspection and warranty claim. It will not effect anything but its rust and its ugly. Its on the brakes as well

melvin.goh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-04-12, 10:53 pm

melvin.goh wrote:Just went to the SC in PJ. They said might be the water during the waiting period and should not be the components actual rusting. Will be going back on sat for inspection and warranty claim. It will not effect anything but its rust and its ugly. Its on the brakes as well

I just sent mine to SC this morning, lifted up and saw both drive shafts, (left and right) the same as yours. The CSOfficer Jimmy said the same thing. He said as long as the rubber covers are intact, it's ok wor. So you going for warranty claim? If yes, sama sama la.

In addition, my front passenger side tyre is a bit worn compare to the other 3 tyres. Currently the FoFi's total mileage is less than 1500KM. They are contacting Continental to seek for replacement.
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin.goh 2011-04-12, 11:38 pm

Yeah i am going for warranty claim. They should replace it, although its not broken or anything now, but in the future? who knows. and its ugly. Why is a brand new car having rust. Hope i can get it sorted soon. Was planning to go on sat but i called the SC in PJ and they said saturday is only for servicing. WTF? So i have to take time off from work to sort this out. How stupid.

melvin.goh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-04-13, 7:24 pm

All SC is the same even for Proton and Perodua. Saturday only service because warranty officer work 5 day week.
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin.goh 2011-04-14, 6:30 pm

I just got back from SDAC, they said i cant make a warranty claim because its not at the crucial point of the drive shaft. Its at the shaft and wont affect driving or wont break. As i know, rust eats into the metal after years (after warranty expires) and will fail is excess load is applied onto the drive shaft aka. jam brake, accident, speeding. How is this not crucial? First place, why is there rust, its a new car, everything should be new and in tip top shape. So i have deal with a rusted drive shaft cause u are FORD?

Has anyone with a rusted parts in their Fofi that manage to get a warranty claim? joeaggas?

This is ridiculous

melvin.goh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-04-15, 10:48 pm

melvin.goh wrote:I just got back from SDAC, they said i cant make a warranty claim because its not at the crucial point of the drive shaft. Its at the shaft and wont affect driving or wont break. As i know, rust eats into the metal after years (after warranty expires) and will fail is excess load is applied onto the drive shaft aka. jam brake, accident, speeding. How is this not crucial? First place, why is there rust, its a new car, everything should be new and in tip top shape. So i have deal with a rusted drive shaft cause u are FORD?

Has anyone with a rusted parts in their Fofi that manage to get a warranty claim? joeaggas?

This is ridiculous

I just check mine, it looks to be in the same condition as what you guys have shown but it is more on the left side. So far not many have posted reply regarding this topic. Maybe can come up with a post (something like a vote) to see how many fofi owners have this problem and if many ppl have the same problem we could all get together and do something about it.
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin.goh 2011-04-16, 2:01 am

Im gonna go ford SDAC and demand an explanation. I want them to deliver a proper car to me. Not a rust bucket. Mine has infected the brake section as well. Anyway wanna join me at SDAC tomorrow give me a call. 0173884012. The more the merrier. Smile

melvin.goh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin.goh 2011-04-16, 1:39 pm

Just went to SDAC. Insisted to claim warranty and they submitted my claim for approval. It better go through. Other people with the same problem, please insist on your warranty claim. Its your rights. Smile

melvin.goh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-04-19, 2:34 pm

melvin.goh wrote:Just went to SDAC. Insisted to claim warranty and they submitted my claim for approval. It better go through. Other people with the same problem, please insist on your warranty claim. Its your rights. Smile

Melvin,

Sorry was away on holiday and phone masuk air. Sad Sad. I'm going to SDAC tomorrow morning, I'll also make a warranty claim for my FoFi. Both sides of the drive shaft rusted.

JO
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nosaj08 2011-04-22, 9:48 am

after reading yours post,,,then i check my bottom today morning and i has same problem like yours but my rusty area is more worst than melvin car....
going to SC tomorrow ,,,,kns Sad

nosaj

nosaj08
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nosaj08 2011-04-25, 9:56 am

i just to SC last saturday and they told me this not claimable part cause natural phenomena in all Ford car due to the drive shaft was not coating with paint !!!
Melvin & joeaggas did ur managed claim for warranty for the part ? if yes, which SC center u did ur claim ? and, ur claim approved ?

nosaj.

nosaj08
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin.goh 2011-04-25, 11:35 pm

I submitted my claims and they tell me they will keep me posted but its been a week and i have heard anything from them. Im gonna make hell of a noise if they dont approve it. I will let u know on the progress and if they dont let me claim, lets all 3 meet up at SC and file a complain. This goes for other fofi that has rust on their car. This is unbelievable.

melvin.goh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joeaggas 2011-04-26, 12:38 am

I had spoken to Razali the after sales manager and his explanation is the same to Melvin, which is surface rust like the disc brakes.
I have not bang table yet because his claim holds some truth. Yes rust do eat metal but for drive shaft without coat protection, over time as we drive also can turn rusty. Then why not have driveshaft coated with rust protection or something. Here I found out the reason:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Although it's not referring to ford in specifics, but if you noticed both forum thread has an entry to caution putting on protective coating, otherwise tak balance.

I am also a FoFi owner and definitely will not side SDAC. Nevertheless, I will discern the information and verify it with other people ( not Ford ). I suggest we bring this to someone more specialize to validate Ford's claim.

Or, we just go claim warranty and hopefully be happy if they replace.

Last week, I've made a warranty claim for a tyre and awaiting a report from Continental over that production batch. Although i get a replacement tyre, I spent half a work day at SDAC and Tayaria. So check your tyres.
joeaggas
joeaggas
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nosaj08 2011-04-26, 10:25 am

guys,,i plan write in my inquiry to Ford Malaysia instead of SDAC to get the answer. I guess SDAC try avoid doing extra job.
do u guy know any contact no or email to contact ford malaysia ?
btw, i has posted a discussion at Ford Malaysia FB, and i encounter some other ppl also facing same issue like us .
Appreciate if you can shared ur experience with others at website

p/s: my final resource was write in to Ford Inc, since malaysia ignore us !!!

nosaj

nosaj08
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nosaj08 2011-04-26, 10:45 am

below is the Ford CRM contact info (our final highcourt appeal ,,ha,,ha )

Gods bless !!!
nosaj

nosaj08
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-04-26, 7:22 pm

joeaggas wrote:I had spoken to Razali the after sales manager and his explanation is the same to Melvin, which is surface rust like the disc brakes.
I have not bang table yet because his claim holds some truth. Yes rust do eat metal but for drive shaft without coat protection, over time as we drive also can turn rusty. Then why not have driveshaft coated with rust protection or something. Here I found out the reason:

Although it's not referring to ford in specifics, but if you noticed both forum thread has an entry to caution putting on protective coating, otherwise tak balance.

I am also a FoFi owner and definitely will not side SDAC. Nevertheless, I will discern the information and verify it with other people ( not Ford ). I suggest we bring this to someone more specialize to validate Ford's claim.

Or, we just go claim warranty and hopefully be happy if they replace.

Last week, I've made a warranty claim for a tyre and awaiting a report from Continental over that production batch. Although i get a replacement tyre, I spent half a work day at SDAC and Tayaria. So check your tyres.

Doesn't seem like an easy job for the driveshaft issue and I have doubts with the ability of SC especially the one in PJ if they are able to do it properly.
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin.goh 2011-04-26, 11:39 pm

Yeah they just rejected my warranty claim, they just applied so i will shut up for 1 week plus. I am gonna write to ford malaysia. If i dont get a reply, i will write to Ford US. And if i dont get my warranty claim there is that small consumer court that i can file a complaint. This is ridiculous.

Rusted drive shaft is not only ugly but its dangerous. In time the rust will eat into the metal and weaken the shaft and if lets i jam brake, one side will come to a stop while the other side of the shaft will still be rotating, the torsional forces will shear the drive shaft. U dont need an engineer to tell u that, Its just logical. And plus, who in the right mind will deliver a car with rust? Brand new car!

Paying a visit to the SC wont help as the only people with authority to approve is the head, I kept asking the service counter guy who called me to give a reason, they could not.

Any update on this rusty drive shaft please let us know.

melvin.goh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsiman 2011-04-27, 10:33 am

Guys, my car is having the same problem as well. I am having the same concerns as yours.

pepsiman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nosaj08 2011-04-29, 3:53 pm

hi melvin
please shared with us your complaint letter and recipient info so that for me and others having same issue will bomb them with our request, so that awake from their comfort seat !!!

TQ

nosaj

nosaj08
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jacklsw86 2011-04-30, 1:03 pm

to reject a warranty claim on a basis that the issue is too common is ridiculous. where is their sense of accountability and responsibility to provide best services to customers?
jacklsw86
jacklsw86
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum