Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Tokyo mayor: Tsunami was “divine punishment”

2 posters

Go down

Tokyo mayor: Tsunami was “divine punishment” Empty Tokyo mayor: Tsunami was “divine punishment”

Post by Founder 2011-03-15, 6:57 pm

Tokyo Governor Shintaro Ishihara told reporters March 14 that the March 11 earthquake and tsunami was “punishment from heaven” because the Japanese people had become greedy.*

Ishihara is a follower of Buddhism and Shinto.

Tokyo mayor: Tsunami was “divine punishment” Shintaro-Ishihara

Ishihara also told Tokyo residents not to panic about the danger of radiation exposure from the Fukushima nuclear power plants:

“Due to radioactive discharge at the plants, the words “radiation exposure” are being overly emphasized and unduly arousing fear among people…

“I would like to request that all Tokyoites conduct themselves in a composed manner, and not be misled by any baseless gossip or rumors.”

In another development, Kanagawa Gov. Shigefumi Matsuzawa announced on March 14 that he would not run against Ishihara, who is seeking a fourth term as mayor of Tokyo. Matsuzawa will instead back Ishihara’s reelection attempt. Matsuzaw gave the rationale for his decision in a joint news conference with Ishihara at the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building, indicating that the heads of two areas hard hit by the March 11 earthquake should not face a change of government during the resulting crisis:

“I will not run for the Tokyo governor election. And I have made my decision to step back and cooperate entirely (with Ishihara) so that the metropolitan area alliance will develop…

“The entire nation is at a loss amid the state crisis. Will it be tolerated for the top of the (Kanagawa) government to campaign for the Tokyo governor’s election and desert his prefectural office?”

Tokyo and Kanagawa are members of a developing inter-government cooperative among prefectorates in the Tokyo metropolitan area.

The announcement takes the person who would most likely have been Ishihara’s strongest challenger out of the race, leaving only businessman Miki Watanabe and communist Upper House lawmaker Akira Koike to face him in the April 10 election.

*Here is a translation of Ishihara’s statement from Otaku Who News Radio:

The identity of the Japanese people is selfishness. The Japanese people must take advantage of this tsunami as means of washing away their selfish greed. I really do think this is divine punishment.

Article taken from:
http://asiancorrespondent.com/50335/tokyo-mayor-tsunami-was-divine-punishment/

FCM
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

https://fiestaclubmalaysia.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Tokyo mayor: Tsunami was “divine punishment” Empty Re: Tokyo mayor: Tsunami was “divine punishment”

Post by Dias 2011-03-15, 7:16 pm

Tokyo governor Shintaro Ishihara has apologised for saying earthquake victims deserved to be killed and made homeless as punishment for the sinful greed of the Japanese people.

After his remarks were publicised, as he expressly told journalists to do, they were unsurprisingly the subject of widespread disgust and condemnation in Japan and beyond, he was forced into making a formal apology at a press conference:

“I deeply hurt the victims, as well as the people of the capital and the nation [...] I withdraw my remark and I am deeply sorry for this.”

For good measure, he also tried some sophistry to worm his way out:

“As the head of the administration, my use of a phrase like ‘divine punishment’ without sufficient elaboration was lacking. I am deeply sympathetic to the miserable and dismal plight of the victims.

As Tokyo governor I will do my very best to relieve the plight of these victims.”

He has not announced any change to his plans to rule Tokyo for a fourth term – in fact, his fellow crazed right-wing nut Matsuzawa just announced he will withdraw his candidacy and back Ishihara (in return for Ishihara’s promise of a choice post), so as not to split the hate vote.
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down