Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Media Appearances

PowerShift Transmission Fiesta

+5
spymonkey
jacklsw86
kakashi...
klimal
Sky9683
9 posters

Go down

PowerShift Transmission Fiesta Empty PowerShift Transmission Fiesta

Post by Sky9683 2011-03-05, 9:21 pm

FoFi 6speed dual clutch gearbox by Getrag 6DCT250 Infomation for sharing.This gearbox also applied in Renault Magane.

–Newly developed dual clutch transmission with dry clutch starts on the NAFTA market and in Europe
–Reduction in fuel consumption up to 20 percent

– Common-part strategy allows versatile applications in small and medium sized vehicle segments and reduces manufacturing cost

UNTERGRUPPENBACH, Germany, IRAPUATO, Mexico, and MODUGNO, Italy, April 16 /CHICAGOPRESSRELEASE.COM/ — At the Getrag plants Modugno / Bari und Irapuato, the serial production of the youngest member of the Getrag Powershift family has commenced. The 6DCT250 transmission will first be introduced in the Renault Megane and the Renault Scenic and for the NAFTA market in the Ford Fiesta. For 2010, quantities of over 100,000 transmissions are planned already, which will increase to over 400,000 annually by the end of 2011. The 6DCT250 was developed for integration in small and medium sized cars.

“Modugno plays a key role regarding manufacturing of highly modern transmission technology” says Bernd Eckl, COO of the Getrag Group. The Modugno plant is responsible for the complete manufacturing of the gear sets for Europe and the assembly plant in Mexico and additionally assembles transmissions for the European market. The Italian Getrag plant was redesigned and restructured for the new dual clutch technology and will be running at full capacity by 2012. The newly built Getrag location in Irapuato is responsible for the assembly, end of line control and delivery of the transmissions produced for Ford and was designed optimally for this task.

The consistent common-part-strategy allows a fast and cost efficient adaption to customer needs. Further, all variants can be realized with only one production line type. “With the Getrag Powershift 6DCT250 we will usher in the second era of dual clutch transmissions,” says Eckl. The transmission makes further reductions in fuel consumption of up to 20 percent possible compared to a conventional torque converter automatic transmission. “Due to the dry dual clutch and the electromechanical actuation, the transmission surpasses even the conventional manual transmission in fuel consumption and CO2 emission” explains Eckl. The 6DCT250 is very versatile in its application. A start-stop functionality can be installed without any modification or extension of hardware. The transmission can be combined with an all-wheel drive power train and, when coupled with an e-motor, can be applied as hybrid solution. Overall driving pleasure and enjoyments are also not neglected: Getrag consistently built on the experiences of the already introduced wet dual clutch transmissions. “The transmission receives great interest worldwide, as it perfectly satisfies the market requirements of today and the near future. We already are in talks with several additional OEMs” says Eckl.

About GETRAG

The GETRAG Corporate Group is one of the largest system suppliers for transmissions and powertrain systems worldwide with approximately 12,700 employees at 23 locations. The company is headquartered in Untergruppenbach, Germany. The Group develops and manufactures transmission and powertrain solutions for the automotive industry. The transmission portfolio comprises manual, automated manual and dual clutch transmissions. The powertrain portfolio contains axle differentials, power take-off units and torque management systems. GETRAG also offers a range of hybridization and electrification of transmissions and powertrains. In 2009, the Group reached a turnover of 2 billion Euros.

GETRAG Powershift® 6DCT250 TRANSMISSION
Front Wheel Drive, 6-speed, transverse, dual clutch transmission, dry
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KEY BENEFITS

■Shift comfort like a stepped automatic
■System is applicable from sporty to comfortable
■Higher efficiency than "wet systems"
■Electric actuation with very little electric consumption
■Applicable for diesel and gasoline engines
■Little oil volume
■Complete system
■Scope of delivery: transmission with parking lock, clutch, actuation, TCU, sensors, cable harness, software

KEY FEATURES

Max. Torque Capacity 240 - 280 Nm
Weight (dry) 72 -82 kg (incl. damper/DMF)
Installation length 350 - 400 mm
Input Shaft - Differential 183 - 205 mm
Oil 1.7 - 1.9 l
Ratio 1st gear 15 - 18.5
Ratio 6th gear 2.1 - 4
Gear Spread Ratio max 7.2
Synchronization
1st and 2nd gear dual cone
3rd and 4th gear single cone
5th and 6th gear single cone
Control unit integrated (only one plug to the vehicle)
Parking lock mechanically actuated and locked
Shifter System electromechanical actuation of the dry clutch and shifting system
Sky9683
Sky9683
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

PowerShift Transmission Fiesta Empty Re: PowerShift Transmission Fiesta

Post by klimal 2011-03-07, 11:30 am

I wonder how the electromechanical actuators work?
klimal
klimal
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky9683 2011-03-07, 9:57 pm

For more detail ,pls read this:

Differentiating PowerShift even further in terms of its customer appeal is its shift quality, launch feel and overall drive dynamic, which are all facilitated by an expert blend of Ford-exclusive electro-mechanical systems, software features, calibrations and controls. These unique driving features include:

•Neutral coast down – The clutches will disengage when the brakes are applied, improving coasting downshifts and clutch robustness as well as reducing parasitic losses for increased fuel economy.

•Precise clutch control in the form of a clutch slip to provide torsional damping of the engine vibration – This function improves noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) at low engine speeds and enables lower lugging limits for improved fuel economy.

•Low-speed driving or creep mode with integrated brake pressure – This function simulates the low-speed control drivers are accustomed to from an automatic transmission. The amount of rolling torque in Drive and Reverse is precisely controlled, gradually building as brake pressure is released.

•Hill mode or launch assist – Prevents a vehicle from rolling back on a grade by maintaining brake pressure until the engine delivers enough torque to move the vehicle up the hill, providing improved driver confidence, comfort, safety and clutch robustness

-A dual clutch transmission can almost be thought of as two traditional manual transmissions, each with its own clutch operating in parallel and alternating shifts. The Ford unit is a six-speed with one clutch acting on gears 1, 3 and 5 and the other used for 2, 4 and 6. As first gear is engaged, the 2-4-6 clutch is disengaged and the second gear cogs are engaged. At the appropriate time, the 1-3-5 clutch is disengaged the other is engaged. While in second gear, the other side moves from first to third. The process is repeated with quick smooth shifts and none of the of the efficiency loss normally associated with torque converters.
Sky9683
Sky9683
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by klimal 2011-03-09, 2:40 pm

The Pwrshift Transmission is adaptive in nature?
I find that the gear shift are now at a lower rpm.
iS IT ADAPTING TO MY DRIVING STYLE?
klimal
klimal
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kakashi... 2011-03-26, 2:54 pm

fiesta 1.6 can do engine braking?

kakashi...
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by klimal 2011-03-26, 6:03 pm

yes, it can.
Try this.
As you approach the corner, induce a downshift by blipping the throttle.
then throttle through the corner.
Fun....
klimal
klimal
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jacklsw86 2011-03-26, 7:30 pm

klimal wrote:yes, it can.
Try this.
Fun....

are you trying to drift? lol
jacklsw86
jacklsw86
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kakashi... 2011-03-27, 2:29 pm

klimal wrote:yes, it can.
Try this.
Fun....

let say i driving at 130kmh, but then i wan to downshift the gear to 2nd gear before enter the corner and maintain 2nd gear until i going over the apex and full throttle again...

possible to do that?

kakashi...
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-03-27, 2:39 pm

Maintaining the gear position can be achieved by setting OD on and some throttle control. Downshifting is a bit tricky i think, first off you dont really know when it's gonna downshift, secondly which gear is it in currently. It is possible but tricky.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kakashi... 2011-03-27, 3:01 pm

anyway i not owning fiesta, went to test drive, love the car but this is the onli main downturn for fiesta that hold me back...

and fiesta is quite modding friendly as well...

thx for ur info

kakashi...
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-03-27, 3:25 pm

Same with me, was disappointed when i saw no seq shift (own the car btw).
Ford official statement was, "people wont/dont use it". Lol?
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jacklsw86 2011-03-27, 9:53 pm

then some ppl would go for manual if they wanna control the gear and speed everything on their own Smile
jacklsw86
jacklsw86
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kakashi... 2011-03-28, 11:05 am

1.4m dun have the ohm...

i drove 1.6m in uk during study, and it it much more fun than 1.6 powershift...

if 1.6 manual is here, tat's just great, let's dream on!

kakashi...
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-03-28, 4:48 pm

Or you could buy a manual gearbox, Ford Racing sells them.... Very Happy
(Then donate your powershift to me)
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky9683 2011-03-28, 11:08 pm

kakashi... wrote:1.4m dun have the ohm...

i drove 1.6m in uk during study, and it it much more fun than 1.6 powershift...

if 1.6 manual is here, tat's just great, let's dream on!

One day ,may be somebody modified the Toyota Levin 6 speed manual insteed 6 speed powershift !
Sky9683
Sky9683
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-03-30, 4:46 pm

Something slightly off topic here about the company that produces our gearbox Getrag ...

Dongfeng Motor Group is said to be in talks to acquire a 30% stake in German auto parts supplier Getrag, one of the world’s biggest manufacturers of transmissions. Both the dry clutch used in all Ford Fiestas and wet dual clutch transmissions found in other Volvo cars in Malaysia are supplied by Getrag. The Chinese companies usually source engines, transmissions, and even platforms from other more established car companies & then later piece them together but with their names on it. Maybe this is not such a bad idea as long as they don't produce their own fakes/imitations Smile
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-03-30, 6:24 pm

30% hardly gonna do anything.

On other news (or rumors), I heard proton gonna get getrag as their standard transmission for future models. The first model gonna receive the 6 speed manual (i think the same one as ours) is the persona replacement model, that's gonna be launch either 4th quarter 2011 or early next year.

True or not we will see.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2011-03-30, 7:01 pm

Can imagine them getting a stake, learn up the technology and then come up with a Made-in-China gearbox called GeRTag (not Getrag).
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-05-02, 11:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quoted:

"The Powershift is the same gearbox first introduced locally in the Ford Focus diesel, and similar to the 'DSG' unit found in the impressive rival Volkswagen Polo, but with one fundamental difference - Ford's works better in traffic.

While the DSG's indecisiveness and lag in stop-start traffic can be annoying - and potentially dangerous in some situations - the Fiesta's transmission is a very different beast.
"

Hmm....so Powershift is better than DSG. Is the jerkiness we feel is a common trait among direct shift, dry-clutch transmission?

I tried searching for volvo's powershift but unfortunately cant find any new info. Mostly on things already mentioned on ford's fiesta/focus review.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2011-05-02, 11:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Volvo uses the wet clutch type.
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong 2012-07-15, 12:48 pm

Hi all i dunno where to post this. Driving styles and tricks.

Mostly from my experience, i'm a bit dissapointed with how the gearbox reacts to our throttle input.

While overtaking a car, i noticed that once i brake, i got the rpm reduced and theres a 1 second lag before i get the boost once i floored the pedal. Is it due to the clutches playing their roles?

Im a careful person when driving but let say if i need to go faster to avoid dying faster when overtaking? Any tricks to get the boost instantly without feeling too much lag?

I drove a myvi and a city ocationally, and they are very assuring in terms of giving the power to overtake. This assurance is absent in fiesta, using my driving style. Any advice?
Elten a/k Jong
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong 2012-07-15, 1:07 pm

Btw i tried using the od button like suggested by our bro/sis carbonara (sorry. Never been to a TT). Still the lag. But better in getting more boost. What i am asking is any trick to induce the downshift without the lag while overtaking

My advice. Dun follow up an overtaking car. If he brakes, u ll be in problem, if ur pedal flooring style is same as mine.

"Mau setting angin ni bro..." zaman2 kapchai dulu scratch
Elten a/k Jong
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2012-07-20, 3:26 pm

try shifting down to L

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down