Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Media Appearances

Clutch Failure

4 posters

Go down

Clutch Failure Empty Clutch Failure

Post by renara67 2013-06-13, 2:38 pm

this morning i was eager to drive my fofi to work, i realized the engine lights was turned on.

i tot after driving it would go off but it didnt. i also realized the car jerking2 and canot go beyond 100km per hr. sangat sedihhh my fofi is sick, i called up the ford toll free and they ask to go to the nearest service centre of which i ended up at ford sg penchala aka intertrade. its the same building with vw.

upon check up, they need to re-programmed my car due to clutch failure. everything was done in 1 half hour and i washed my car at same place too.

my 5 days fofi is back on track Razz

*take note if this happen to u dont accelerate too much just drive below 100km maintain the phase. if ur car seems been jerking badly, just pull over call the ford and they will arrange u for car towing service.

Last edited by renara67 on 2013-06-17, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
renara67
renara67
NON Verified Member

http://www.travbuddy.com/renara

Back to top Go down

Clutch Failure Empty Re: Clutch Failure

Post by renara67 2013-06-14, 12:36 pm

yesterday around 6ish as i switched on the car, the engine light pops out again. lucky the car still be able to drive with jerking2 at times. this morning i sent back to ford penchala they suggest to change the battery cell. if this issue still trigger, i need to change the TCM parts (major issue because it takes about 2 weeks just to get the part). i hope my fofi will be fine after changing the battery. anybody had the same issue?? asked ford they said 2 3 cars had same case with me Crying or Very sad
renara67
renara67
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong 2013-06-14, 3:33 pm

Make them change everything Twisted Evil. less than 2 weeks old car already like this. Go for major part change straight away. reprogramming should have done the job, i think your tcm part is faulty. any leaking sighted? if yes, might be the problem with gearbox also. But don't worry, you have 5 years warranty kan?
Elten a/k Jong
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by renara67 2013-06-14, 6:14 pm

hi Elten,

to good to be true, after change the battery oso didnt solve the problem. i make big fuss and it really a nerve breaking coz they only change small2 parts of which did not solved the problem at all. after reading on fiesta thread i like a pro asked them to check thoroughly on clutch, gear box, leakage. they ask me to leave the car for 3 days... i am so pissed my 4 days car got to masuk bengkel i asked them to give me substitute car they said they have its just it went to bengkel to do body repair. err that is not my problem, i dont mind to leave my car but i need a replacement else i would rent a car and back charge to ford. dingdong2 they said they will change the TCM since they manage to get the part. lucky its under warranty it would cost me 9k. i am really persistent to lodge a report and even to go sdca to meet with their technical assistant coz they keep on saying they hv to refer to them. i hope by changing the TCM would solved the problem.
renara67
renara67
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by renara67 2013-06-17, 4:12 pm

it went back to square one just in 2 days. this morning the car lunged forward as i wanted to leave the parking bay, not to mention the engine light turned on AGAIN. drove to penchala carefully at 60km complained like hell. i keep on highlighting on leakage, clutch n gear box they said no leakage. they only change the clutch sensor (1 set). manage to talk to SDCA customer service and the zone manager they promised to look into this matter with care. If by changing the clutch censor wont solved the problem, the manager promised to send down HQ technical assistant to check on the car (ok lah rather than the penchala mechanics coz they oso hv to check with SDCA) and promise to give a replacement car if repairing take more than a day OR return to me immediately as i clock out from office. leaving the car to them??? i am also scared that they would replace or take my parts sukahati coz i've seen the mechanic took out parts from other fiesta car in the workshop to simply swaping with other fiesta. i tot since everything under warranty, they shud juz replace with a new one lah rite. for instance i manage to caught them red handed, they took someones' clutch censor and replaced with mine. i point it out the mechanic say its just temporary, the part is actually out of stock. they ask to try for a week and if its deemed fine i need to request a new pair for swapping..if its not cured, then only they would change the whole clutch thing Sad

i don't know where is this going but i lodge a report to customer service department requested a new fiesta instead. this is too much and not fair to a person who just got a new car. not to mention the embarrassment i hv to face by having a new car. some oso say "suwei" Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad
renara67
renara67
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wzarul 2013-06-18, 2:12 am

me too..i believe this is under the same fault

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wzarul
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong 2013-06-22, 12:17 am

this is a rare case. 2013 fiesta should have all this problem resolved. perhaps they used old stocks to build your car, or recon parts?
mine end2011/early2012 they said had all the countermeasures for the problems you are facing 'applied' (as they said) but who cares? reading this makes me more particular with my GB's behaviour now.
Spark plugs? replaced already?
Elten a/k Jong
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by renara67 2013-06-24, 10:30 am

apparently my car been behaving ok after changing the censor clutch and tcm.
renara67
renara67
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by renara67 2013-07-08, 10:16 am

yeay my car is in good condition now after replacing censor clutch. i also got RM500 aeon vouchers from ford for inconvenience caused.

case resolved. as for now Smile
renara67
renara67
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rozz 2013-08-04, 3:57 pm

renara67 wrote:yesterday around 6ish as i switched on the car, the engine light pops out again. lucky the car still be able to drive with jerking2 at times. this morning i sent back to ford penchala they suggest to change the battery cell. if this issue still trigger, i need to change the TCM parts (major issue because it takes about 2 weeks just to get the part). i hope my fofi will be fine after changing the battery. anybody had the same issue?? asked ford they said 2 3 cars had same case with me Crying or Very sad

renara67
my fofi got same problem with u. Before this i hantar kereta to servis centre Tenaga Gemilang in Terengganu...4 TIMES...the problem is the engine light pops out and 2 other indicator oso pop out n i decided to send  my car to jalan ipoh n i have to leave the car for 7 days...upon ambik my car...windscreen sudah crack..i drove back to kuala terengganu,sampai di temerloh the 2 indicator pops out..indicator slippery n indicator naik bukit then i stop at RnR Temerloh..both indicator dah tak ada but after 10km its appear again.Problem still not solve...please help me...

rozz
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down