Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Gearbox problem - "slipping gear"

+10
Wzarul
renara67
sfunglee
Carlos85
girlieman
dares
azliazimi
acestar
moolastrikes
jackhin
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gearbox problem - "slipping gear" - Page 2 Empty Re: Gearbox problem - "slipping gear"

Post by dares 2013-03-24, 10:53 pm

azliazimi wrote:I guess its contaminated by oil, just like mine, the seal was leaking.

Mine judder and sometimes slipping, the ECU has a record on this. Send it to SC and complaint like hell.

The ECU recorded the clutch slipping?

Means if they plug in the computer they will know?
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Gearbox problem - "slipping gear" - Page 2 Empty Re: Gearbox problem - "slipping gear"

Post by moolastrikes 2013-03-24, 11:17 pm

I think Powershift does alot of engine braking in 'L' gear? I do know DSG does quite hard engine braking in 'S' mode. How about the TSI engine? I'm not to sure if due to the low end torque is higher than Fiesta's NA engine? scratch There was a forum in chinese cari.com and it's about the DCT in general from a Taiwan car magazine sometime ago talking about why hydraulic is smoother than mechanical solenoids. But than I do not possessed much engineering knowledge to digest and summarize them. Laughing How about dropping emails to both car makers' engineer teams to explain? cos i dont think SDAC can give a detailed explanation, can they?
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by azliazimi 2013-03-24, 11:31 pm

That's what the SC told me. Just send the car and complaint lah, you won't know unless they check the clutch.

azliazimi
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-24, 11:48 pm

moolastrikes wrote:I think Powershift does alot of engine braking in 'L' gear? I do know DSG does quite hard engine braking in 'S' mode. How about the TSI engine? I'm not to sure if due to the low end torque is higher than Fiesta's NA engine? scratch There was a forum in chinese cari.com and it's about the DCT in general from a Taiwan car magazine sometime ago talking about why hydraulic is smoother than mechanical solenoids. But than I do not possessed much engineering knowledge to digest and summarize them. Laughing How about dropping emails to both car makers' engineer teams to explain? cos i dont think SDAC can give a detailed explanation, can they?

It was in D gear when I experience the engine braking in the Polo. Of course you will experience more engine braking in L gear la coz that is what it is for Laughing

I think the Powershift either shifts into higher gear when you are coasting at relatively high speed (the instant l/100km will read 0.0), or the clutch will disengage when coasting at low speed ( instant l/100km will read higher than 0.0).

As for emailing the engineers.....unless you have the email of specific persons, I don't think anyone wil layan u lol. SDAC is hopeless la Rolling Eyes

Last edited by dares on 2013-03-24, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-24, 11:50 pm

azliazimi wrote:That's what the SC told me. Just send the car and complaint lah, you won't know unless they check the clutch.

I did check the ECU via a OBD2 scanner, it didn't record any fault code. But like you said it doesn't have any fault code, maybe the ECU records it some other way.

Yea I'll get it check on my first service. Thanks bro Surprised
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moolastrikes 2013-03-25, 12:04 am

dares wrote:
moolastrikes wrote:I think Powershift does alot of engine braking in 'L' gear? I do know DSG does quite hard engine braking in 'S' mode. How about the TSI engine? I'm not to sure if due to the low end torque is higher than Fiesta's NA engine? scratch There was a forum in chinese cari.com and it's about the DCT in general from a Taiwan car magazine sometime ago talking about why hydraulic is smoother than mechanical solenoids. But than I do not possessed much engineering knowledge to digest and summarize them. Laughing How about dropping emails to both car makers' engineer teams to explain? cos i dont think SDAC can give a detailed explanation, can they?

It was in D gear when I experience the engine braking in the Polo. Of course you will experience more engine braking in L gear la coz that is what it is for Laughing

I think the Powershift either shifts into higher gear when you are coasting at relatively high speed (the instant l/100km will read 0.0), or the clutch will disengage when coasting at low speed ( instant l/100km will read higher than 0.0).

As for emailing the engineers.....unless you have the email of specific persons, I don't think anyone wil layan u lol. SDAC is hopeless la Rolling Eyes

anyway, most of the US and UK reviews stated that Powershift seemed to be tuned for fuel economy than spirited performance anyways.
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-25, 10:09 am

moolastrikes wrote:
anyway, most of the US and UK reviews stated that Powershift seemed to be tuned for fuel economy than spirited performance anyways.

Most of them don't have much nice things to say about the Powershift either, especially when compared to DSG, it is almost universally panned as being clumsy Evil or Very Mad
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moolastrikes 2013-03-25, 10:21 am

dares wrote:
moolastrikes wrote:

Most of them don't have much nice things to say about the Powershift either, especially when compared to DSG, it is almost universally panned as being clumsy Evil or Very Mad

But I don't find it as bad as how those reviewers said. The transmission has already proved itself when I drove it to Cameron Highlands. Very Happy Managed to catch up with a Polo Tsi, i think is Johore plate. Actaully, if you're there you'll see a blue Fiesta chasing a white Polo and both passing other cars on the day. Razz It was fun and the Polo guy was friendly and we waved thumbs up before parting ways when reach Ringlet. It it another Dugong Ah Beng, chances are he'll play e-brake non stop...
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-25, 5:46 pm

moolastrikes wrote:

But I don't find it as bad as how those reviewers said. The transmission has already proved itself when I drove it to Cameron Highlands. Very Happy Managed to catch up with a Polo Tsi, i think is Johore plate. Actaully, if you're there you'll see a blue Fiesta chasing a white Polo and both passing other cars on the day. Razz It was fun and the Polo guy was friendly and we waved thumbs up before parting ways when reach Ringlet. It it another Dugong Ah Beng, chances are he'll play e-brake non stop...

Semangat la u, play with Polo TSI summore cheers

I usually give VW cars a wide berth, except maybe the Polo Sedan, but I have yet to encounter a Polo Sedan that wants to play Neutral
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moolastrikes 2013-03-25, 6:06 pm

On straight road of course they'll get to top speed faster, our fiesta still cant pass them with our NA engine. Plus the DSG still faster than powershift. But in winding roads Fiesta still a match to Polo Tsi, just remember to on Grade Assist Mode, didn't go to L gear cos scare gearbox hancur. hahahaha, u give it a try after first service.

So far this is the 2nd time I play with Polo Tsi, now dun really wanna do it liao, must conserve GB
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by girlieman 2013-03-25, 7:57 pm

moolastrikes wrote:On straight road of course they'll get to top speed faster, our fiesta still cant pass them with our NA engine. Plus the DSG still faster than powershift. But in winding roads Fiesta still a match to Polo Tsi, just remember to on Grade Assist Mode, didn't go to L gear cos scare gearbox hancur. hahahaha, u give it a try after first service.

So far this is the 2nd time I play with Polo Tsi, now dun really wanna do it liao, must conserve GB

according to vw website, polo tsi's acceleration isn't that much faster actually..=/

girlieman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-25, 8:29 pm

moolastrikes wrote:On straight road of course they'll get to top speed faster, our fiesta still cant pass them with our NA engine. Plus the DSG still faster than powershift. But in winding roads Fiesta still a match to Polo Tsi, just remember to on Grade Assist Mode, didn't go to L gear cos scare gearbox hancur. hahahaha, u give it a try after first service.

If you can maintain RPM at 3-4k out of every corner yea can I guess still can fight. The TSI engine generate more torque than us at 1.5k RPM, and to rub salt in wound they have manual mode as well Neutral It's not exactly a fair fight, so kudos to you Cool

My clutch already suspected got problem before 8k km...no need wait til first service Rolling Eyes
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moolastrikes 2013-03-25, 11:40 pm

girlieman wrote:

according to vw website, polo tsi's acceleration isn't that much faster actually..=/

on paper those numbers don't look much, Polo 9.7sec, Fiesta 9.9sec right? But when you tried catch up with them on the road, you'll notice Polo is faster especially they already reach max torque at 1500rpm while we need to push till 4000rpm. You'll need to really floor the accelerator, on grade assist mode and off the aircond, L gear if you're comfortable. If the Polo floored the accelerator as well, then you'll have fun play with Polo. Just hope that the Polo is not fitted with racechip or something.

One thing i do notice is the front tires will be stressed gao gao, mine is already slightly less than half but the rear still have quite an amount of treads @ 15888KM mileage as we speak. Mad
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by girlieman 2013-03-26, 12:04 am

moolastrikes wrote:
girlieman wrote:

on paper those numbers don't look much, Polo 9.7sec, Fiesta 9.9sec right? But when you tried catch up with them on the road, you'll notice Polo is faster especially they already reach max torque at 1500rpm while we need to push till 4000rpm. You'll need to really floor the accelerator, on grade assist mode and off the aircond, L gear if you're comfortable. If the Polo floored the accelerator as well, then you'll have fun play with Polo. Just hope that the Polo is not fitted with racechip or something.

One thing i do notice is the front tires will be stressed gao gao, mine is already slightly less than half but the rear still have quite an amount of treads @ 15888KM mileage as we speak. Mad

+1 to what you said, somehow what dares said about turbo being able to supply more torque on low rpms could be a factor..if you have time do feel free to have a look at preve's dyno chart on proton's website, you'll notice that torque somehow peaks at 1.5krpm..maybe due to air being forced into engine therefore more torque generated by engine?if that's the case i do hope that ford malaysia's bringing in their ecoboost engine to malaysia like what they have for mondeo, more torque at lower rpm=better fuel efficieny+fun driving experience i suppose

btw isn't this topic about gearbox prob?hahaha a little OOT here lol..=p

girlieman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2013-03-26, 8:27 am

able to discuss with Marketing team of Ford Malaysia, there will be a chance to bring ecoboost to fiesta in Malaysia at rm10k higher... haiz i felt demotivated...
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-03-26, 10:02 am

sfunglee wrote:able to discuss with Marketing team of Ford Malaysia, there will be a chance to bring ecoboost to fiesta in Malaysia at rm10k higher... haiz i felt demotivated...

10k higher? means possibly under RM110k (if not under RM100k)? If this is true then it's great news, why demotivated??
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moolastrikes 2013-03-26, 10:12 am

sfunglee wrote:able to discuss with Marketing team of Ford Malaysia, there will be a chance to bring ecoboost to fiesta in Malaysia at rm10k higher... haiz i felt demotivated...

do they provide engine transplant service?
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by girlieman 2013-03-28, 8:34 pm

azliazimi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is a common problem according to this Ford Technician. Click on the thread it will show what happened to my twin clutch.

Anyway SDAC replace the seal and the clutch plates free of charge.

i wonder how did dust and grim get inside a gearbox..isn't it sealed for life or something?

girlieman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by azliazimi 2013-03-28, 9:53 pm

the leak oil caused the grime lah. Of course there will be dust as it is a dry clutch transmission.

azliazimi
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by renara67 2013-06-14, 12:58 pm

wahh.. i think this what happened to my fofi. couple of cars cucuk2 me from belakang on my way to ford penchala to rectify the problem and im stressed out i kenot accelerate due to power shift problem. like kura2 i can only drive 60km. i only changed battery, they said my clutch/gear box is fine. if this occurs again they want to change the TCM. i hope to cure this problem pronto my fofi is just 5days old nangis tauuu
renara67
renara67
NON Verified Member

http://www.travbuddy.com/renara

Back to top Go down

Post by Wzarul 2013-06-16, 6:01 pm

came back from gs smart auto (ford alor star),my car also jerk jerk jerk..vibrating the whole front body..11k mileage..after checking SA told me tat need to claim for warranty,the whole clutch set flywheel etc,bcoz of oil leaking affect the clutch..they hv to bring down the gearbox..SA ordered the 'barang',dunno when they'll call me back for repair..will update more later.right now just accept the 'jerk' Crying or Very sad

Wzarul
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RenDezVous 2013-06-25, 9:30 am

I am experiencing the same thing. Went to the SC and they also could not rectify the problem. Car jerking very bad when i try to move again after stopping. Then the gear seem to be slipping if i floor the gas. My car is only 30k km. Anyone have any ideas?

RenDezVous
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by renara67 2013-06-25, 2:16 pm

ask them to replace ur TCM and update the firmware. if still occurring ask to replace censor clutch (a pair). i went to penchala maybe if u go there the mechanic still remember on my case. its a big issue coz i lodge a complain to ford, my car just 200km when it happened. since then they been follow up my case regularly.
renara67
renara67
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RenDezVous 2013-06-25, 2:36 pm

renara67 wrote:ask them to replace ur TCM and update the firmware. if still occurring ask to replace censor clutch (a pair). i went to penchala maybe if u go there the mechanic still remember on my case. its a big issue coz i lodge a complain to ford, my car just 200km when it happened. since then they been follow up my case regularly.

thanks a million bro..will contact the Penchala SC and set appointment. Appreciate the help. Very Happy

RenDezVous
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by renara67 2013-06-25, 3:48 pm

hi rendezvous,

ur welcome. but im not a dude haha queen
renara67
renara67
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next