Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Media Appearances

jerking/no power on slope/hill or even nak naik parking area!

+7
deladela
anorange8
sfunglee
dares
Carlos85
acestar
Cilikering
11 posters

Go down

jerking/no power on slope/hill or even nak naik parking area! Empty jerking/no power on slope/hill or even nak naik parking area!

Post by Cilikering 2012-12-21, 12:30 pm

anyone experienced it? i had to tekan the pedal really hard...sometimes during stationary position pon the same like as though tak de power. is it me or something wrongly with my fofie? Sad

Cilikering
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

jerking/no power on slope/hill or even nak naik parking area! Empty Re: jerking/no power on slope/hill or even nak naik parking area!

Post by acestar 2012-12-21, 12:53 pm

better visit SC for checking.
acestar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Back to top Go down

jerking/no power on slope/hill or even nak naik parking area! Empty Re: jerking/no power on slope/hill or even nak naik parking area!

Post by Carlos85 2012-12-21, 6:34 pm

if your car having those problem, means is a very serious case already. Faster send it back to SC before your car totally can't move at all and need to tow it.
Carlos85
Carlos85
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2012-12-21, 10:47 pm

Hold your horses.

Please elaborate further: When going uphill do you experience lag when downshift, hence the momentary lack of power and jerking when the downshift occurs? Do you experience the same symptoms when accelerating on level road?
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2013-02-20, 8:09 am

dares wrote:Hold your horses.

Please elaborate further: When going uphill do you experience lag when downshift, hence the momentary lack of power and jerking when the downshift occurs? Do you experience the same symptoms when accelerating on level road?
dares...
i finally experience once... n plane level road surface...
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anorange8 2013-02-20, 9:43 am

Just wondering, when that happened, how much fuel left in your fuel tank?

anorange8
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by acestar 2013-02-20, 11:49 am

sfunglee wrote:
dares wrote:Hold your horses.

dares...
i finally experience once... n plane level road surface...

i always has the experiance when it was in trafic jam
acestar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by acestar 2013-02-20, 11:50 am

anorange8 wrote:Just wondering, when that happened, how much fuel left in your fuel tank?

full tank, half tank, half half tank all same.
acestar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2013-02-20, 1:02 pm

acestar wrote:
anorange8 wrote:Just wondering, when that happened, how much fuel left in your fuel tank?

full tank, half tank, half half tank all same.

I agree it is not much / non related to the fuel tank contains....
so what is the theory behind these problems??
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deladela 2013-02-20, 1:39 pm

I believe the issues stemming these problems are with the gearbox. With a 6 speed gearbox, there would be constant changes in the gears (normally when it hits 2k RPM), so when you hit a slope from a level road surface, it would take sometime for the gears downshift to adjust once again, hence, sometimes jerky feeling and also the feeling of no power.

The only thing you could do is use the Grade Assist button to help with holding the gears in place longer and/or pressing your foot down harder for downshift to get to a higher RPM for more torque.

Once again, our Fofi isn't exactly a fast car, it's made to be more economical and fuel saving. If you want more pick-up press harder.
deladela
deladela
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by acestar 2013-02-20, 2:57 pm

if ur previous car is manual tranmission, now u driving an auto transmission car, i believe when ur parking on slope area is very difficult.. LOL!!
acestar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2013-02-20, 7:05 pm

deladela wrote:I believe the issues stemming these problems are with the gearbox. With a 6 speed gearbox, there would be constant changes in the gears (normally when it hits 2k RPM), so when you hit a slope from a level road surface, it would take sometime for the gears downshift to adjust once again, hence, sometimes jerky feeling and also the feeling of no power.

The only thing you could do is use the Grade Assist button to help with holding the gears in place longer and/or pressing your foot down harder for downshift to get to a higher RPM for more torque.

Once again, our Fofi isn't exactly a fast car, it's made to be more economical and fuel saving. If you want more pick-up press harder.

I could agree if the dual-cluth + 6 speed gear theory with keep shifting = jerking & lost power
Fiest isn't a fast car, yes i agree.. but never fuel economical... But however my fuel tank RM70 +/- can hit 400km only
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deladela 2013-02-20, 10:40 pm

Well...it all depends on how far you are willing to go...to be honest I actually trust the computers reading quite a bit and ignore the beep and am willing to drive even if it shows 10KM left on the fuel gauge. Normally I'd fuel up when the computer shows about 20Km left.

I have had a stupid incident where I did not fuel up my car and when I started my car up the next time it showed 1KM left of traveling distance but still managed to reach the nearest petrol station! (Was quite a nervous 200m tho Razz

I can easily reach 430-450KM per full tank provided I do not press my paddle too much. Keep in mind I throw everything I have in my car (Easily adds 15KG). Also I have 1 passenger with me most of the time. My travel daily requires me to climb 4 hills and 40:60 Highway/City Driving.

I believe it is on par with a Myvi and maybe a Vios @ approx RM0.18/per KM
deladela
deladela
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2013-02-20, 10:47 pm

deladela...
how bout the jerking experience?
well bout the petrol i believe at 0km u able to drive +/- 2km, i know some of us tried before.. 430-450, but not pressing too much... what is ur reading for XX km/L? Usually mine 9.3-10.8km/L
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deladela 2013-02-20, 11:47 pm

Jerking? I've learned to live with it, it's part of the characteristics of a DCT gearbox, moreover a dry clutch. It will happen whether you like it or not even if you try and control it, uphill, down hill, caught in the jam. It's part of the downfall of relying on technology and this is a major flaw where the computer tries and anticipate and select the correct gear for the driver.

My reading is 8.4KM/L since a few months ago which I am still trying to make it go lower! Sad
deladela
deladela
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong 2013-02-21, 12:19 am

what's your mileage deladela? my reading is now 7.5l/km at 13k km.

about jerking problem, I avoid it by 'teaching' the gearbox to accept the amount of pwer i give through the pedal., I dunno how to explain, let say If I give 10 petala langit pressure (wira tunggal) on the pedal, I keep that pressure for a few seconds before pressing harder. The gearbox will 'learn' your power requirement and react like 'it knows you'.

Going on a sloped road, I push the OD button, hit a break a little bit until i hear engine revving louder=downshift happens and then press the pedal. never had jerking problems so far.
Elten a/k Jong
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2013-02-21, 7:50 am

well teaching the gearbox... what if the car are share used? mean sometimes this user, sometimes another user...
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slomo 2013-02-21, 9:05 am

@sfunglee then the car is having hard time of who to please Very Happy

maybe you only do city driving thats why the consumption is like that. I myself having owned the car for solid 1 month clocked about 11ishkm/L that would be about 8.4L/100Km in the display. 60km daily travel about 40:60 hiway/town driving.

on the jerking part / trailer hitching feel, i sort of get used to it already having own another car with dual clutch, gear hunting is normal. Just need to know how/when to step/squeeze/tap on the accelerator.

Slomo
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deladela 2013-02-21, 11:31 am

Yes, the car will try and "adapt" to the drivers style of driving. Non the less, it may still jerk once in awhile especially from gears 1 to 3 when moving at a slow pace.

Again, you don't really press the pedal with the same amount of force every time so sometimes the GB will anticipate the next gear shift up because you are depressing the accelerator but in actual fact you want to downshift as you are going to press the brakes. So, there is the unnecessary shifting of gears there already.

This is how our DCT works, it has two clutches where one controls the odd numbers (First, Third & Fifth) and then another controls the even numbers (Second, Fourth & Sixth) When one clutch is engaged the other is on stand-by, so it is a continuous transition hence, smoother shifts, if everything goes well, that is.

However, if things do not go too well, jerking happens. Say when you are driving and engaged in gear TWO, the computer has two options right now...either to engage gear THREE or ONE. So the computer is kind of in a dilemma, if it predicts correctly, smooth transition but if it does not, it has to disengage and engage the other gear, which in turn takes a split second and well you know what happens, jerking.

@Elten My Milage right now is just shy of 20k KM, going for a service this coming Thurs!
deladela
deladela
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexdp 2013-02-21, 1:24 pm

I think this is down to each individual driving style. My car nearly clock 11k km mileage mark and i have 6.8L/100 km avg FC. Best FC i have with RM60 ron 95 fuel ie 31.58 L is 5.8L/100 km and that is 544 km of light steady driving 60/40 highway/city. And within 5 months own a FoFi I never experience this jerking issue.

The powershift, the FC reading is the most thing affected by our driving style. As the powershift itself, you just need to learn how it works. So just try out and have fun with our FoFi. You will not regret it.

Cheers mate! Cool
alexdp
alexdp
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong 2013-02-21, 3:01 pm

Sarawak road+living in skul quarters+1 month skul holiday, car left at sarawak=12k mileage. should have bought Viva Shocked. will have to do service time-based. nxt service in june.seniors said jerking issues dissapears after 30k mileage...need to wait 2 more years.
Elten a/k Jong
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelng 2013-09-17, 4:32 pm

I have never achieved 400km on a full tank on my 1.6 fofi even though the Average Fuel Consumption reader says 9.4-9.8/100km! When I serviced it at 10k in early August, the staff was shocked to learn that my fofi only average 350 per full tank and re programmed it to 8.4/100km. Maybe I accelerate too much?

rachelng
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deladela 2013-09-18, 3:04 pm

LOL! Accelerate too much. Drive hard for a lady I see. Very Happy

Anyways, what is your daily drive like? 50/50 City/Highway? or 60/40?

Do tell us your daily driving conditions so that we can understand better.

If you are always stuck in jam, of course you would get higher fuel consumption as you require more acceleration to move the car. 9.4 - 9.8l per 100 km is quite higher tho.

Try and change your gauge to the real time fuel consumption so that you may observe how much fuel you would be using.
deladela
deladela
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down