Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

1000km check up....

+14
dares
syiena
moolastrikes
Cilikering
puteri.addnan
evoii968
mushroomswiss
sfunglee
izkreator
uno
pullman
PegGz
Wayn Chow
Barbarian
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

1000km check up.... - Page 3 Empty Re: 1000km check up....

Post by Randy Loo 2012-12-11, 2:44 pm

i change my engine oil outside sc. only engine oil.
do not change their filter outside sc as they will found out. so far nth happen n i jst went for 10k service last week Very Happy
Randy Loo
Randy Loo
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by redzara 2012-12-11, 4:12 pm

moolastrikes wrote:
redzara wrote:Hi, my LX just clock for 1,000km checkup, most probably will go to Cheras SC (nearest) soon.
As I'm aware few owner here opt for first engine oil change at own cost during this checkup instead of waiting for 10,000km free service.
What if i change the engine oil outside SC (let say during 3,000km), may this void the 3 years warranty?
Appreciate your opinion/advise scratch

The minute you take your car to service outside ford SC, your warranty will be void. It's the same to all car makers. You have to take your car for authorized SC and service strictly according to schedule in the service booklet.

Randy, I see that's the idea..
and wonder how SC know if any car has been sent to other workshop just for an oil change..
redzara
redzara
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos85 2012-12-11, 4:14 pm

Actually is no point if you change the motor oil without changing the filter, like this is better just wait until 10k km. Save some money
Carlos85
Carlos85
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by redzara 2012-12-11, 4:53 pm

Carlos85 wrote:Actually is no point if you change the motor oil without changing the filter, like this is better just wait until 10k km. Save some money
Agreed with you Carlos.
Noticed our fiesta using 5w30 fullysyn oil which can last upto 10k, but wonder how it will affect the engine in long term if we wait for 10k km (let say 6 months) for 1st oil change.
I think it's common for new car to change the oil for the first 1k.
How about other similar marque i.e Chevy, Mazda, Suzuki? Anyone can share..
redzara
redzara
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moolastrikes 2012-12-11, 5:28 pm

One way to look at it is to go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and check your vehicle build date. Then, decide if you like to change the oil.

I do check my engine oil weekly to see the consistency of the viscosity, ya know, like the oil thicken and became black early than expected? So far so good and when hit 10000km mark should be just nice for me to take the car for first service.

Conti cars do only have check up at 10000km like Peugeot and VW at 15000km.

that's what i know la
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by syiena 2012-12-11, 9:22 pm

moolastrikes wrote:One way to look at it is to go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and check your vehicle build date. Then, decide if you like to change the oil.

I do check my engine oil weekly to see the consistency of the viscosity, ya know, like the oil thicken and became black early than expected? So far so good and when hit 10000km mark should be just nice for me to take the car for first service.

that's what i know la

feel glad when read ur opinion...no doubt anymore..

thx for the precious information..=)
syiena
syiena
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moolastrikes 2012-12-11, 10:44 pm

syiena wrote:
moolastrikes wrote:One way to look at it is to go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and check your vehicle build date. Then, decide if you like to change the oil.

that's what i know la

No worries, that's the point for joining a club. I did found tips about the car from other people, too. Very Happy Sometimes driving a less popular car (hint: Toyota/Honda?) is quite a headache as most of the information and tips regarding the car are based on owners' experience and overseas forum. I did a lot of home work for more than half a year when first time view Fiesta up close at Mid Valley back in Q3/4 of 2011. In fact, I already kept an eye on Fiesta S2000 when heard about it in WRC 2010 Twisted Evil.

and I almost went for Preve/Vios. hehe Laughing
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by syiena 2012-12-12, 9:52 pm

moolastrikes wrote:
syiena wrote:

that's what i know la

No worries, that's the point for joining a club. I did found tips about the car from other people, too. Very Happy Sometimes driving a less popular car (hint: Toyota/Honda?) is quite a headache as most of the information and tips regarding the car are based on owners' experience and overseas forum. I did a lot of home work for more than half a year when first time view Fiesta up close at Mid Valley back in Q3/4 of 2011. In fact, I already kept an eye on Fiesta S2000 when heard about it in WRC 2010 Twisted Evil.

hehe... glad u found fOfi...=)
That mean u find fiesta is the best choice for u after a lot of research rite... Question
Actually one of myoffice mate said fiesta is not valuable if we want to resell..
for me.. i'm proud with myFofi right now and sgt puasss ati..huhuhu cheers

#dont care what others wanna said..haha Basketball
syiena
syiena
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos85 2012-12-12, 11:13 pm

syiena wrote:
moolastrikes wrote:
syiena wrote:

that's what i know la

That mean u find fiesta is the best choice for u after a lot of research rite... Question
Actually one of myoffice mate said fiesta is not valuable if we want to resell..

Same said from my father, my father's friends.. But there isn't any at the price range (RM80k~90K) car provide such technologies, specs, etc... another 1 or 2 days my fofi can be collected from SDAC (PJ). when i look at other cars on the road, i never feels that i make a wrong choice or regret about choosing a fofi!

Conclusion: if keep thinking of resell value, how about don't buy any CAR?! fofi rocks!
Carlos85
Carlos85
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by syiena 2012-12-13, 10:28 pm

Carlos85 wrote:
syiena wrote:
moolastrikes wrote:
syiena wrote:

that's what i know la

Same said from my father, my father's friends.. But there isn't any at the price range (RM80k~90K) car provide such technologies, specs, etc... another 1 or 2 days my fofi can be collected from SDAC (PJ). when i look at other cars on the road, i never feels that i make a wrong choice or regret about choosing a fofi!

Conclusion: if keep thinking of resell value, how about don't buy any CAR?! fofi rocks!

100% agreed!! =)
syiena
syiena
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3