Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Media Appearances

The Fiesta Fuel Consumption Project (FFCP)

3 posters

Go down

The Fiesta Fuel Consumption Project (FFCP) Empty The Fiesta Fuel Consumption Project (FFCP)

Post by Dias 2011-03-28, 4:54 pm

The Fiesta Fuel Consumption Project (FFCP)

** Google Docs Download Link **

• Spreadsheet cannot be opened directly from Google Docs as I did not convert the file. Reason is that the bar charts are not viewable and will appear as empty worksheets. You need to download the spreadsheet onto your local HD. First two data are for show only, please delete when you start your own data entry.

I'm kind of a statistics freak and this is a small project which I have been conducting on my own since the beginning of 2011 and won't complete until all brands (where possible) have been tried out. However, if anyone is also interested in doing the same, feel free to use the above-linked spreadsheet.

Results will be posted each time a brand run is complete.

Purpose:
To evaluate and rank the performance of fuel brands used by cars in Malaysia both in terms of mileage and power.

Methodology:
  1. Calculation will be based on amount of fuel consumed and distance traveled.
  2. A minimum of 5 samples per brand is required. Max limit is up to user.
  3. The same brand and RON type must be used continuously until time to switch brands/RON to avoid cross-contamination.
  4. The first two refuels after a brand/RON switch will be for flushing/diluting residual fuel and is to be excluded from sample-gathering (via DISTANCE worksheet).
  5. Refueling must be up to full tank for each sample taken; should partial refueling take place, that refuel data and the next will be excluded from the calculation (also via DISTANCE worksheet).
  6. User must set near consistent traveling conditions and behavior with some tolerance to minor deviations. Exceptional deviations to be excluded will be at the user's discretion.

For the sake of the project, Esso and Mobil will be treated as independent brands despite both being owned by Exxon Mobil Corporation

Brand Ranking:

By Mileage (RON 95):

By Mileage (RON 97):

By Power (RON 95):

By Power (RON 97):

Code:
[u][b][size=14]Brand Ranking:[/size][/b][/u]

[u][b]By Mileage (RON 95):[/b][/u]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[u][b]By Mileage (RON 97):[/b][/u]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[u][b]By Power (RON 95):[/b][/u]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[u][b]By Power (RON 97):[/b][/u]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

The Fiesta Fuel Consumption Project (FFCP) Empty Re: The Fiesta Fuel Consumption Project (FFCP)

Post by Dias 2011-03-28, 4:58 pm

The Fiesta Fuel Consumption Project (FFCP) Fuel_consumption_th

Brand Ranking:

By Mileage (RON 95):

By Power (RON 95):
  1. Esso
  2. BHP

Last edited by Dias on 2011-05-17, 12:55 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated ESSO run)
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

The Fiesta Fuel Consumption Project (FFCP) Empty Re: The Fiesta Fuel Consumption Project (FFCP)

Post by syumul 2011-03-28, 5:10 pm

support ur project!!!!!!!!!

syumul
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hu_Lala 2011-08-02, 2:32 pm

Dias wrote:

Brand Ranking:

By Mileage (RON 95):

By Power (RON 95):
  1. Esso
  2. BHP

so far for my 1.4LX, each brand 4 tanks

By Mileage (RON 95):
  1. Esso
  2. BHP
  3. Shell
  4. Petronas

By Power (RON 95):
  1. Esso
  2. BHP / Shell
  3. Petronas

Hu_Lala
Hu_Lala
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2011-08-02, 5:48 pm

I will need to redo my BHP test since I was on the old Infiniti brand and not the Infiniti 2x.

And I'm upping my test samples to 10 refill cycles to match Esso's (blame their 2x Smiles Points promotion for that). I estimate that it will be sometime middle of next week when I end my run on Esso and switch over to something else (thinking about Shell since I have not been accumulating Bonuslink Points since beginning of 2011 and it's a good opportunity to see how true is the "lacking power" claim of many users).
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down