Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Any one? How to prevent car being stolen?

+16
Dias
spymonkey
sfunglee
jacksonthegod
hunterdanny
pullman
BRAINSTEW
Chihuahua Teh
jamie
Sky9683
yowa82
klimal
Tristan
teetaatee
madon
Nixon Dew
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any one? How to prevent car being stolen? Empty Any one? How to prevent car being stolen?

Post by Nixon Dew 2011-03-15, 1:41 pm

My neighbour brand new(3 months) Honda City, nearly get stolen last 2 weeks. Park next to my Fiesta.
Alarm being disabled, door being opened without any scratches ...

Anyone any idea to prevent this?

Nixon Dew
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Any one? How to prevent car being stolen? Empty Re: Any one? How to prevent car being stolen?

Post by madon 2011-03-15, 1:49 pm

No way to prevent theft... only ways to make it so much harder for the thief. Below are some suggestion (3 realistic and 3 unrealistic):

Realistic
1. Install 3rd party anti-theft alarm. As ori alarm from same makes are the same, thief who knows how to dis-engage factory made alarm will face difficulty to dis-engage aftermarket alarm, even if it is a cheapo alarm system.

2. Install locktech. Locktech when armed will immobilize your car from being started.

3. Park inside your porch and lock the gates at all time.

Unrealistic

1. Everytime u park your car, remove your steering wheel and take it where ever you go. If the thief cannot drive the car, they cannot steal it.... but they can tow your car laaa...

2. Have a tyre clamp in your boot. Everytime you park, clamp your tires

3. Never leave your car alone at all time... eat, sleep, go to toilet all in your car. That way you can keep your car safe for sure...

madon
madon
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Any one? How to prevent car being stolen? Empty Re: Any one? How to prevent car being stolen?

Post by Nixon Dew 2011-03-15, 2:17 pm

Thanks ..

I will prefer realistic no 2, lock tech. You have any recommendation on this?

Nixon Dew
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by madon 2011-03-15, 2:31 pm

I believe Bug have this option for our Fofi and locktech is well known to be installed in other cars also... it costs around RM300-400 to install if I remember correctly (not at Bug of course). Beware also about the immitation ones which is much cheaper.
madon
madon
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-03-15, 2:42 pm

just wondering how does anyone know the car door was opened without any scratches? they manage to find the car back?

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-03-15, 3:27 pm

Ya, i am also looking for something like locktech. Actually nothing can really save your car from being stolen if the thieves already targeted it. Like madon76 said, we can only delay them. Then the other thing is to park sensibly. Choose well lit parking and those with many ppl passing by. Never park at dark alleys. Even cars with satellite tracking can get robbed and the owner being forced to switch it off.
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by klimal 2011-03-15, 4:35 pm

Youn are farni laaa....LOL

[/quote][quote="madon76"]No way to prevent theft... only ways to make it so much harder for the thief. Below are some suggestion (3 realistic and 3 unrealistic):

Realistic
1. Install 3rd party anti-theft alarm. As ori alarm from same makes are the same, thief who knows how to dis-engage factory made alarm will face difficulty to dis-engage aftermarket alarm, even if it is a cheapo alarm system.

2. Install locktech. Locktech when armed will immobilize your car from being started.

3. Park inside your porch and lock the gates at all time.

Unrealistic

1. Everytime u park your car, remove your steering wheel and take it where ever you go. If the thief cannot drive the car, they cannot steal it.... but they can tow your car laaa...

2. Have a tyre clamp in your boot. Everytime you park, clamp your tires

3. Never leave your car alone at all time... eat, sleep, go to toilet all in your car. That way you can keep your car safe for sure[spoiler]
klimal
klimal
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yowa82 2011-03-15, 7:11 pm

#3, realistic. hehehe...

immobilizer not good ah?

i heard (read), when u use your remote control, it will broadcast your signal. anyone can capture and copy it. <==i read this about the remote autogate system. assuming all 'remote' thingy is the same. but still, i wonder why the secondary remote for Fofi so dem expensive? should ask thief to copy for us ah?
yowa82
yowa82
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-03-15, 7:30 pm

install quick release steering and remove your steering when you are not in your car. look much more "sportier"

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky9683 2011-03-15, 9:26 pm

Tis experience go for sharing, I have friends purchase a new car ,one day his father wash his car,accidently found a pcs of spare key hiding some where front of bumper ! Do yours checked your car ?
Sky9683
Sky9683
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jamie 2011-03-15, 9:34 pm

I have asked about locktech before. Apparently they don't have it for Fiesta yet, but they can modify it. I saw another brand locktact (msian version of locktech) they have double lock which will prevent the engine from starting while it's locked. A lil afraid on the wiring part when they fix it. Anyone installed that already?
jamie
jamie
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixon Dew 2011-03-16, 9:13 am

teetaatee : Is nearly stolen, the theive didn't have enough time to start the engine as someone passed by that time ... he ran away ...

Need to pm BUG on this .. .. delay the stolen time.

Yes, if you been targeted, not matter how they will still get or car. .. Worst come to come they will rob instead of stealing it....

But one thing guys need to keep in mind, DO NOT leave you car key to car wash (unless you trusted them) .. they can simply clone the key. With the key, once the door is opened ... they can do a lot of thing already

Nixon Dew
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by klimal 2011-03-16, 5:32 pm

I think the fiesta is still a sleeper and not a 'hot' item as yet.
Of course, one can only make it more difficult and increase the time it takes to actually steal the car. Steal it they will if they are determined enough
Things like steering locks, brake pedal locks, are mainly visible deterrent.
Given the choice, the thief will go on to the next one without them.
klimal
klimal
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chihuahua Teh 2011-03-18, 8:34 am

take the battery under the hood away so thief will never drive your car away! but alarm is dissabled too, unless u have another battery is only for alarm. The Wira parked outside my house nearly get stolen too, On the morning all doors are opened, boot is also opened, and the cabin plastic seems like opened too. Maybe the thief wants to start the car by wire but the battery was dead so the thief just took away some coins

Chihuahua Teh
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixon Dew 2011-03-18, 8:53 am

Sometimes I wake up in the midnight just to see whether my Fofi is still sleeping at the car park. He is not hot yet but anything can happen to HIM as thieve want to curi thing, they can do anything. Damn it ...

Nixon Dew
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by BRAINSTEW 2011-03-18, 2:45 pm

use extra steering lock and double locking may help a bit.
BRAINSTEW
BRAINSTEW
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pullman 2011-08-01, 6:18 pm

Put an extra lock as Mr. Bean do, u can option for Solex

pullman
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterdanny 2011-10-05, 8:23 pm

hi guys i also headache about car thief dunno i want buy the car now or wait i buy the house 1st haih....

hunterdanny
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jacksonthegod 2011-10-05, 10:46 pm

sooo.... what will insurance company do?
i'm still a young kiddo lol mind enlighten me about that ?

jacksonthegod
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-10-06, 12:08 am

70~80 % of market 2nd value
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-10-06, 3:18 pm

pullman wrote:Put an extra lock as Mr. Bean do, u can option for Solex

Lol, mr bean cabut his steering wheel. Bring a briefcase with you.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias 2011-10-06, 3:24 pm

Always park beside/near a Honda City where possible. Accord or Camry are also good substitutes. It diverts attention away from your Fiesta.
Dias
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hunterdanny 2011-10-06, 6:19 pm

cos i planing to buy one for my wife but my place there i didnt have much confident la haih.....

hunterdanny
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spymonkey 2011-10-07, 12:56 am

Dias have a point, japanese cars have higher chance of getting stolen because they are always in high demand (for spare parts). Most stolen cars arent sold as is, it will most probably be chopped.
spymonkey
spymonkey
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee 2011-10-07, 8:14 am

spymonkey wrote:
pullman wrote:Put an extra lock as Mr. Bean do, u can option for Solex

Lol, mr bean cabut his steering wheel. Bring a briefcase with you.

U also Mr. Bean supported ya? =)
sfunglee
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum