Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

something wrong with the clutch..

+19
redzara
syafiqahmad217
diaz84
geminigeek
jlnG
Elten a/k Jong
Jylova.93
yowa82
kaka_89
clchee
deladela
ethan_leviathan
alexdp
Cilikering
sfunglee
Randy Loo
girlieman
dares
syiena
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

something wrong with the clutch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: something wrong with the clutch..

Post by clchee 2013-04-21, 5:26 pm

My Sedan is also having the this juddering feel when moving from standstill. I thought it was normal. Got it checked yesterday and SA said my clutch needed replacement.

Besides that i'm hearing a motor humming sound also during acceleration from standstill. SA said it might be related to the clutch. I'm not totally convinced but just have to wait and see.

I'm told to expect up to a month of waiting for parts and then a 3~4 day for installation & test.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

clchee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

something wrong with the clutch.. - Page 2 Empty Re: something wrong with the clutch..

Post by kaka_89 2013-04-21, 11:20 pm

im having this problem too..

normally it start at lower gear when the rpm @1500~2000

are u guys sure its the clutch problem..?

mileage now is @12k around 6 months

kaka_89
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cilikering 2013-04-22, 2:37 pm

dares wrote:
Cilikering wrote:Dares, sent my fofie to penchala SC....bought my car last november 2012! only 5 months old already having so many problems....this is only the clutch!

belom lagi sensor! coz my fofie's temperature reading goes crazy!!! i been waiting for more than 2 months coz they ordered the wrong one! also have to change steering coupling coz everytime i turn my steering got sound!!! still waiting patiently Sad
the sensor has arrived but since they can only change it during weekdays..have to wait looor for the steering coupling delivery!

haiyaaaa sedih laaaaa.....

Sorry to hear about your problems. I considered sending my car to the Penchala SC because they have a shorter waiting list than PJ (When I called up, they say I can come the next day!!). But, I have more faith in the knowledge pool available at a SDAC SC when it comes to these kind of problems, and the SA Salfiril prove to be a competent SA indeed. If it comes to authorised SC (not SDAC), I'm not even sure if they have the latest TCM update. But you are right, the parts waiting period is abysmal, although at the time of sending in, Salfiril told me they may have stock for the clutch pack if they have to replace it.

I can't speak for your other problems, since my experience is only with the clutch and TCM. Hope you get sorted out soon, but don't be upset, at least the car is driveable.

Just curious, when you say temperature reading, you mean your coolant temperature, or the ambient temperature that is displayed at the meter cluster?

Bro Dares...yup it's the ambient temperature reading...it goes up to 55 degrees celsius in the early morning or at any pont of time especially during traffic jams!!! Mad Mad

Cilikering
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-04-22, 4:45 pm

For all those affected and the car is manufactured after July 2012, you may try your luck at SDAC branches especially the PJ to check if a clutch replacement is really necessary or just a TCM update will do.

I am not sure if the TCM update is available at authorized SCs ie. non-SDAC SCs. Just call up and ask.
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cilikering 2013-04-23, 12:15 pm

latest update:...i've changed my clutch...they say have to drive below 120km/h for as long as the next 1000km! this is how long the system will take to adjust/reprogramme itself to my style of driving...really meh?

they also update with the latest TCM! so far my fofie ok....no GEGARAN!! touch wood!!

Cilikering
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-04-23, 2:21 pm

Cilikering wrote:latest update:...i've changed my clutch...they say have to drive below 120km/h for as long as the next 1000km! this is how long the system will take to adjust/reprogramme itself to my style of driving...really meh?

they also update with the latest TCM! so far my fofie ok....no GEGARAN!! touch wood!!

So difficult to keep under 120km/h meh? Laughing I reach 120 km/h like....once a month Embarassed

So the Penchala SC has the new TCM? congrats on the new clutch! bounce
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cilikering 2013-04-23, 2:30 pm

heheheheheh very difficult laaaa to keep under 120km/h Laughing

Cilikering
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

something wrong with the clutch.. - Page 2 Empty Clutch problem

Post by yowa82 2013-04-26, 11:08 am

syiena wrote:After going service for 10k, myfofi start shaking when starting to driving especially at traffic light. then go to SC, they said something wrong with the clutch and will change it.. anybody got any idea why happen this problem? Is it serious??

this clutch part is a valid issue here.
go get replacement, or wait for major service.

or, why don't you try mention this clutch issue even you don't have the issue, during routine service.
yowa82
yowa82
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jylova.93 2013-04-28, 1:38 am

I've got the same problem too. Thought it was normal for fofi transmission. mine just clocked 16k. Getting it checked at next service. better safe than sorry right?.. Very Happy
Jylova.93
Jylova.93
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong 2013-04-28, 2:03 pm

What to say to the service assistant aka receptionist if you want them to perform these checkup? Afraid they will say this is 'normal' again...
Elten a/k Jong
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-04-28, 11:43 pm

Elten a/k Jong wrote:What to say to the service assistant aka receptionist if you want them to perform these checkup? Afraid they will say this is 'normal' again...

Tell them your clutch is slipping and you are experiencing judders when driving. If they tell you it's normal, go to another SC. It is a known issue for such a long time if they tell you it's normal you should burn that SC down Suspect
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cilikering 2013-04-29, 5:38 pm

Elten a/k Jong wrote:What to say to the service assistant aka receptionist if you want them to perform these checkup? Afraid they will say this is 'normal' again...

bro...go to penchala sc...i went there and complaint....got a replacement! Laughing

Cilikering
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong 2013-04-29, 11:22 pm

Will do. Thanks Cilikering and Dares!
Elten a/k Jong
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jlnG 2013-04-30, 11:57 am

it happen to me too... it might be the oil seals at the gearbox.
PjSc can able to help to .. there is a guy there very helpfull i forgotten his name Mr Si..... lol forgotten .
have a great day ahead ya .
ciao .
jlnG
jlnG
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geminigeek 2013-05-09, 2:34 pm

My fofi also same symptom!

Shaking at low speed when wanna shift from gear 1 to gear 2, regardless i floor my accelaration or not. Sometime the shake is so bad, sometime the shake is slight. Only happens when the car starts to warm up, maybe around 10-15 mins drive.

I went to SDAC and let the SA test drive. He said it could be software related problem, so he updated the TCM to the latest and asked me to drive around and see if it still shaking or not. At first it was OK, but after 10-15 mins drive, it starts to shake again, same thing, shift from gear 1-2 shake. I drive highway, I city drive, I floor my pedal, I go light on my pedal, sometime the shake is bad, sometime the shake is slight. Not as smooth as I first got my car!

And my car only clocked 4000 plus km around 2 months!

geminigeek
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by diaz84 2013-05-11, 7:20 am

I' m sending my car for 20k km service at penchala today. Will ask them to update the tcm firmware although my car is not experiencing such problem. Just in case kannn

diaz84
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by diaz84 2013-05-11, 2:12 pm

Omg...that nightmare occured to me. I requested for tcm update upon sending my car for servicing. Guess what...when the SA called me to collect my car, he told me that my fofi is experiencing clutch leakage. That's y it jerks during transition of gears. He told me that the part will arrive in 1 month & i hv to leave my car for 3 days at their wshop. Benciiiiiiiii

diaz84
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by syiena 2013-05-12, 9:58 pm

Cilikering wrote:latest update:...i've changed my clutch...they say have to drive below 120km/h for as long as the next 1000km! this is how long the system will take to adjust/reprogramme itself to my style of driving...really meh?

me also have change the clutch... thanks GOD nothing bad happen ,
now, hopefully this the last problem..huhuhu
syiena
syiena
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by diaz84 2013-05-13, 9:10 am

is the symptom gonna persist even when u hv changed the clutch? that's the question. if yes, then every few months we need to change the clutch. mati lorrrr

diaz84
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2013-05-14, 3:32 pm

This might help, I've been practicing this for quite some time now.....

When in traffic jam,

- Never let your car creep (move without pressing the gas pedal), always apply a bit of throttle to move your car. This is to keep the clutch from slipping which almost certainly happens when your car is creeping.

- In really bad jams, use the hill grade assist aka sport button aka that button on the side of your gear stick, or shift into L. This is to prevent the gearbox from shifting into 2nd gear too soon, and to keep the clutch from opening (the clutch remains close after you release the throttle to provide engine braking).

A lot of wear happens during jams when you apply throttle to move a few meters and then release the throttle, the gearbox happily shifts to the 2nd gear, the car slows down because you have release the throttle, then you press the throttle again....what happens? clutch slip lor because car moving too slow for second gear..
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jylova.93 2013-05-15, 5:43 pm

Happened to me too before this. But the problem seems just disappeared about 2 month ago and haven't came up again.

Been on business travelling from KL - Perlis a lot recently and so far my gearbox is fine. Smile
Jylova.93
Jylova.93
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by syiena 2013-05-19, 2:26 pm

diaz84 wrote:is the symptom gonna persist even when u hv changed the clutch? that's the question. if yes, then every few months we need to change the clutch. mati lorrrr

Diaz.. until now the problem not repeated yet.. i hope never..haha..
just wait next service because the problem happen after service 10k..
btw, i will apply tips from dares.. thanks dude!! cheers
syiena
syiena
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by syafiqahmad217 2013-05-20, 9:56 pm

Been reading bout this clutch issue and yes it happened to me,a few drops of gearbox oil leaks every week or 2 weeks,send it at puchong for a check up, so they will replace the sealant and clutches as well..but here is the best part, they say i can drive as normal without worries. The replacement parts will arrive in 3 weeks...hope after this there would be no more problems
syafiqahmad217
syafiqahmad217
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geminigeek 2013-05-21, 10:59 am

hopefully after change no problem. if every 4000 km need to change seal & clutch, it'll be super crazy.

geminigeek
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by redzara 2013-05-21, 11:24 am

this problem with the clutch was for auto trans rite?
mine so far so good for 15K mile with manual trans Smile
redzara
redzara
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next