Media Appearances

Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by SotSotDriver on 2013-02-28, 3:53 pm

Hi,

Just got my fiesta two days ago.... Still in training to use the car.. really not like normal auto car.

But i need to ask some question about fiesta NVH.
Is it normal that i can hear my song playing even at Volume 6 or above from outside?
I also try to drive on bad road (i mean rough tar road) and it return loud sound around the tyre..

Previously i read some people say that the NVH for very good. Is it normal?

Thanks in advanced.

SotSotDriver
NON Verified Member

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by acestar on 2013-02-28, 5:07 pm

NVH?
avatar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-10-31
Age : 24
Location : Kuala Lumpur

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by Randy Loo on 2013-02-28, 5:13 pm

noise vibration & harshness
avatar
Randy Loo
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Posts : 78
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by SotSotDriver on 2013-02-28, 5:15 pm

acestar wrote:NVH?
NVH= Noise, Vibration and Harshness.....

Most people say fiesta have good NVH.
But in my case, i think it not so good...

SotSotDriver
NON Verified Member

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by acestar on 2013-02-28, 5:17 pm

better than malaysia make.. cyclops by the way every car has sound.. even bmw too.. but how loud is your loud..? Question
avatar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-10-31
Age : 24
Location : Kuala Lumpur

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by SotSotDriver on 2013-02-28, 5:29 pm

acestar wrote:better than malaysia make.. cyclops by the way every car has sound.. even bmw too.. but how loud is your loud..? Question

Hm... When drive on rough tar road... the sound is like a truck go through a tunnel....

As for music speaker, when i put it on 6 and above, i can hear it when i stand at the side of the car.

Just want to make sure if it is normal.

SotSotDriver
NON Verified Member

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by acestar on 2013-02-28, 5:58 pm

i think the music can be hear.. but not loud, just like your neighbour watch tv at late night, can hear it.

for the rough tar road... for my experiance everyday on the jalan kuching the way heading to old air port way beside Ex-Istana Malaysia, it was some sound very loud from tyre.. like wind.
avatar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-10-31
Age : 24
Location : Kuala Lumpur

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by SotSotDriver on 2013-02-28, 6:54 pm

acestar wrote:i think the music can be hear.. but not loud, just like your neighbour watch tv at late night, can hear it.

for the rough tar road... for my experiance everyday on the jalan kuching the way heading to old air port way beside Ex-Istana Malaysia, it was some sound very loud from tyre.. like wind.

My kind of sound is roar... hahaha.... Laughing
I also suspect it is because of the tyre....
This is my first time driving this kind of tyre... So not sure if it is because of poor sound proofing or the tyre....

SotSotDriver
NON Verified Member

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by moolastrikes on 2013-02-28, 10:51 pm

I think the stock tyre which is ContiPremiumContact 2 is quite low noise. Music volume at 4/5 is enough to make the tyre sound quite inaudible. Driven with Michelin PS2, NCT5 and Yokohama C-drive on bunch of other cars, and i think it's malaysia tarmac make every tyres sounded loud... I visited Japan twice, and i find their tarmac roads are so smooth until even a normal van and commuters' bus are kinda quiet than I was driving my old Iswara at Old Klang Road...
avatar
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Posts : 153
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Puchong

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by acestar on 2013-02-28, 11:15 pm

cause the road got problem... tyre also got problem.. even everyone got problem too...
avatar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-10-31
Age : 24
Location : Kuala Lumpur

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by dares on 2013-03-01, 8:33 am

Yea the tire roar is quite loud, even my previous Saga FLX sh!t silverstone tires without soundproofing also dont roar like that.

The service advisor also agree the tires are quite noisy, and advised me to get something else the next time I change tires.
avatar
dares
NON Verified Member

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by Carlos85 on 2013-03-01, 10:16 am

My Pajero Sport is opposite, the engine sound is too loud and cover most of the noise tongue
For FoFi, I think the noise mainly come from tyre. About road condition, Malaysia road maintenance sucks. They wasn't repair or maintain the road condition, but mostly "fill up" potholes only. So the road mostly are bumpy and not smooth.
avatar
Carlos85
Verified Member
Verified Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by moolastrikes on 2013-03-01, 10:30 am

Carlos85 wrote:My Pajero Sport is opposite, the engine sound is too loud and cover most of the noise tongue
For FoFi, I think the noise mainly come from tyre. About road condition, Malaysia road maintenance sucks. They wasn't repair or maintain the road condition, but mostly "fill up" potholes only. So the road mostly are bumpy and not smooth.

malaysia road... yeah... but so far I think our Fiesta stock suspension quite tough in handling our road. Went to 2 big potholes, front right side at Bkt Jalil, front left side in Cameron Highlands. Still OK and able to cornering as brillant as usual! Cool
avatar
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Posts : 153
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Puchong

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by alexdp on 2013-03-01, 10:35 am

Your stock tire is ContiPremiumContact 2 is it? The tire easily falls into comfort category which is low in noise and there is something terribly wrong with ur FoFi.

Whenever I stop to pump air into my tire, I always left the radio on with volume 9 or 10. Only a low music sound could be heard from outside but when the compressor starts pump in the air, not a single sound of music could be heard bcoz the air hissing sound much more louder. So yeah you have problem and pls go to SC and have a check. Cheers!
avatar
alexdp
NON Verified Member

Posts : 45
Join date : 2012-09-06
Age : 31
Location : Kuantan

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by dares on 2013-03-01, 4:33 pm

alexdp wrote:Your stock tire is ContiPremiumContact 2 is it? The tire easily falls into comfort category which is low in noise and there is something terribly wrong with ur FoFi.

Whenever I stop to pump air into my tire, I always left the radio on with volume 9 or 10. Only a low music sound could be heard from outside but when the compressor starts pump in the air, not a single sound of music could be heard bcoz the air hissing sound much more louder. So yeah you have problem and pls go to SC and have a check. Cheers!

have already sent it for checking before CNY, the SA test drove with me and agrees that the CPC tires are loud in certain road conditions.

anyway I will be looking to replace it with better rubbers when the time comes. The CPC stocks are not really suitable for spirited cornering. Few times dy the tires squealed even when not cornering that hard, although it didnt understeer.
avatar
dares
NON Verified Member

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by moolastrikes on 2013-03-01, 4:38 pm

dares wrote:
alexdp wrote:Your stock tire is ContiPremiumContact 2 is it? The tire easily falls into comfort category which is low in noise and there is something terribly wrong with ur FoFi.

Whenever I stop to pump air into my tire, I always left the radio on with volume 9 or 10. Only a low music sound could be heard from outside but when the compressor starts pump in the air, not a single sound of music could be heard bcoz the air hissing sound much more louder. So yeah you have problem and pls go to SC and have a check. Cheers!

have already sent it for checking before CNY, the SA test drove with me and agrees that the CPC tires are loud in certain road conditions.

anyway I will be looking to replace it with better rubbers when the time comes. The CPC stocks are not really suitable for spirited cornering. Few times dy the tires squealed even when not cornering that hard, although it didnt understeer.

Wink which tire r u looking for??? I was thinking of change to new rim 205/50/r16 for more choices when stock tire wears out
avatar
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Posts : 153
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Puchong

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by dares on 2013-03-01, 4:45 pm

Lol not so ganjiong wanna change yet. See whats my budget when the time comes.

Will probably stick with the stock rims, though I might change my mind then :p the stock rims are really odd size, sigh.
avatar
dares
NON Verified Member

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by moolastrikes on 2013-03-01, 5:07 pm

True... everytime i look through those choices of tire and most of those mid to high performance tires cant fit into our stock rims Mad
avatar
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Posts : 153
Join date : 2012-06-29
Location : Puchong

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by alexdp on 2013-03-01, 10:15 pm

Yeah our stock rim size 195/50r16 is odd one. Got a few manufacturer only produce this size and the stock rim quite heavy around 9.5kg if im not mistaken. So u should also consider to change the rims when the time comes for u to change the tire but surely those aint come cheap. Sure koyak poket punya. lol!
avatar
alexdp
NON Verified Member

Posts : 45
Join date : 2012-09-06
Age : 31
Location : Kuantan

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by ryancbe on 2013-03-02, 1:33 am

I changed my one month old car tyres and rim to 15 inches japan SSR-F with toyo t1r....its a bit noisy but consider quite grippy even on wet roads....love it loads =D Good power on hilly roads too...

ryancbe
NON Verified Member

Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-12-16
Location : KL

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by acestar on 2013-03-02, 1:54 am

ryancne owned fofi 1.6 or 1.4? Question
avatar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-10-31
Age : 24
Location : Kuala Lumpur

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by alexdp on 2013-03-02, 9:11 am

Of course its grippy..its a performance tire.but then u have to sacrifice the comfort and treadwear. Eat out ur tire faster.. Twisted Evil
avatar
alexdp
NON Verified Member

Posts : 45
Join date : 2012-09-06
Age : 31
Location : Kuantan

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by klimal on 2013-03-02, 11:09 am

I DIY some insulation materials on the floor pan of the car and also the boot. It made a tremendous difference.
Now the road noise is muted and more a thud than a clang.
Even the music sounds better. Bass is less boomy.
avatar
klimal
NON Verified Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2011-02-19
Location : Cheras

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by Founder on 2013-03-02, 11:21 am

klimal wrote:I DIY some insulation materials on the floor pan of the car and also the boot. It made a tremendous difference.
Now the road noise is muted and more a thud than a clang.
Even the music sounds better. Bass is less boomy.

Indeed, Sound proofing, even a little can go a long way and make quite a huge difference Smile How are you Klimal =)

Jason Lim
FCM Founder
avatar
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Posts : 645
Join date : 2011-01-16

http://fiestaclubmalaysia.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by ryancbe on 2013-03-02, 11:59 am

acestar wrote:ryancne owned fofi 1.6 or 1.4? Question

1.6 XTR aurora blue =D

ryancbe
NON Verified Member

Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-12-16
Location : KL

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Fiesta NVH/Sound Proofing

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum