Media Appearances

Subtle rattling noise when turning to extreme left or right

Go down

Subtle rattling noise when turning to extreme left or right

Post by cannavaro on 2013-02-09, 2:54 pm

When I collected my car, one of the things that I asked the SA was something along the lines of "so from your experience in selling fiesta, what's the common problem, if any"

He said previous batches have this rattling problem when turning the steering to the extreme left or right, but the newer ones should be okay. He said if the rattling issue is still there just inform them and they can get it fixed... he also added that the root of the problem lies with one of Ford's supplier, something about the screw, bolt or something like that being slightly shorter than it is supposed to be.

Well mine was made in Dec 2012, and my car is affected. Gonna contact SDAC service centre after CNY. (EDIT: oops, actually it's October 2012)

What about you guys, anyone else have or had this problem? If yes, did the service centre manage to fix it?

cannavaro
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Subtle rattling noise when turning to extreme left or right

Post by cannavaro on 2013-02-10, 1:58 am

ok just checked again, the rattling sound comes from the left side.. found someone in here with similar problem

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cannavaro
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by woooinred on 2013-02-14, 4:18 pm

Yeah I think I have the similar issue, even though it is not significantly loud but I can feel it is there. Thanks for the info and definitely would like to get it fixed when I visit them sometimes in short future. Btw, my sedan is built May 2012.

woooinred
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee on 2013-02-15, 11:31 am

so how is ur car current condition?
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kvinkong on 2013-02-17, 11:46 pm

glad to hear it can be fixed.

mines collected early january, im having this problem as well + vibration during high speed sudden brake. gonna send it back to SC tomorow. but no1 here seems had experience wit my sc since im from miri, sarawak.

kvinkong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by soffian1993 on 2013-02-18, 8:37 pm

is this common problem??? just get my car, let me try

soffian1993
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cannavaro on 2013-02-18, 10:54 pm

I've yet to find the time to visit the SC...
What about those who bought their FoFi earlier, I'm sure at least one member here had this problem and got it fixed at the SC? Just wanna know how they fix it.. based on what my SA told me (first post), I guess the 'best' and 'right' solution is they will replace that shorter screw/part/whatever that's causing the sound with a proper-sized one.

cannavaro
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee on 2013-02-19, 7:52 am

couldn't be just the screw sound perhaps the shaft / part are not so fit or loose easily i guess... i havent send mine to service as not using it now...
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ongth60 on 2013-05-11, 11:43 am

I'm having the same problem when turning to the extreme left. Gonna fix it soon, car just clocked 3k... mid 2012 batch

ongth60
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares on 2013-05-11, 1:14 pm

Funny this thread resurface today, as I was experiencing this problem since very early in ownership but has always thought it was the gearbox. I looked online yesterday and found that it could be wheel bearings, now I'm not so sure after reading this thread.

Anyone has a definite answer to the source of the problem, and if it is a dangerous problem?
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ongth60 on 2013-05-16, 1:10 am

I've havent ask for the root cause yet, but I asked the service desk ppl if it is dangerous to drive it until the next service milestone, she said that it is OK but the sound would be annoying.
You could actually hear the sound and feel it through the steering when you shift it extreme to the left, like making 2 rounds of your steering.

ongth60
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares on 2013-05-16, 5:36 pm

ongth60 wrote:I've havent ask for the root cause yet, but I asked the service desk ppl if it is dangerous to drive it until the next service milestone, she said that it is OK but the sound would be annoying.
You could actually hear the sound and feel it through the steering when you shift it extreme to the left, like making 2 rounds of your steering.

Cool, thanks for the update. I think I'll get it checked once my current company's project is complete, too bz to visit SC Rolling Eyes
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ongth60 on 2013-05-19, 6:51 am

They replace the steering intermediate shaft and the problem is fixed, feels great again

ongth60
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down