Media Appearances

clutch burnt ?

Go down

clutch burnt ? Empty clutch burnt ?

Post by p1000 on 2012-12-15, 4:03 pm

Saw this post in ford fiesta facebook, is this true ? Thought that our gearbox is very high-tech one.

Ford fiesta could not drive more than 80km/hr when it is on uphill? A technician at PJ ford service told me that the new batch of fiesta has been tuned to lower its speed when you drive up hill. The max speed you could go is around 80km/hr. That's the reason why the car is so powerless when you drive on a slightly sloping road. He said if the speed is not controlled at a lower speed, the clutch would be burnt when the milleage reach 40,000km. Although they can change a new one for you during the warranty period, you have to come up your money to change it after the warranty period. Imagine you have to change the gear box every 40,000km...it is going to be nightmare. So, they tune the speed down for the new batches.
Post by Zairen Tan

p1000
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

clutch burnt ? Empty Re: clutch burnt ?

Post by dares on 2012-12-15, 10:18 pm

Clutch is connected to the engine flywheel, so the wear and tear of the clutch has to do with the engine speed, not the vehicle speed. Obviously, going 80kph on the 4th gear will stress the clutch pad more than going 80kph on the 6th gear.

Besides, I just got my Fiesta on October, and I routinely drive up the slope at the MRR2, near Tesco Cheras exit at speeds excessive of 90kph, what speed limiter? My RPM is only around 2k - 3k everytime. If like that also stress the clutch til it will kong at 40k km, can throw the gearbox into the sea dy.
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carlos85 on 2012-12-15, 10:59 pm

The main thing is: most foreman not an automotive engineer, they doesn't know the theories behind the parts. Most of the explanation is very stupid, try research online can get more accurate answer, Not their explanation.

Carlos85
Carlos85
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moolastrikes on 2012-12-16, 1:17 am

I'm not too sure bout what's going between between them but I don't think what the SDAC fella said is true. Owners from Thailand, India and Taiwan have been using the same Powershift as us and I've seen somewhere they stated their mileage is more than 50/60k KM and clutches are working as usual. Some of them changed their clutches due to stress after multiple track activities (using L gear), not daily drive.

I've just tried going uphill (should be almost 10% gradient) an hour ago, from 70km/h to 120km/h in 200m. No issues and my car is 2012 build.

OR another possibility is maybe that Zairen guy didn't break-in the clutches accordingly... who knows?

Or we can just send an email to Ford and ask for clarifications.
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by acestar on 2012-12-20, 6:58 pm

i just took my car 1 month.. My millage just 2k+, i try it full accelerate max 6.5k rpm and speed around 180km/h. no disturb.. how come in 80km/h?
acestar
acestar
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by dares on 2012-12-20, 9:24 pm

moolastrikes wrote:I'm not too sure bout what's going between between them but I don't think what the SDAC fella said is true. Owners from Thailand, India and Taiwan have been using the same Powershift as us and I've seen somewhere they stated their mileage is more than 50/60k KM and clutches are working as usual. Some of them changed their clutches due to stress after multiple track activities (using L gear), not daily drive.

I've just tried going uphill (should be almost 10% gradient) an hour ago, from 70km/h to 120km/h in 200m. No issues and my car is 2012 build.

OR another possibility is maybe that Zairen guy didn't break-in the clutches accordingly... who knows?

The Zairen guy did not experience any clutch failure, he heard about this from a foreman at Ford PJ. Rolling Eyes
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by moolastrikes on 2012-12-20, 10:52 pm

dares wrote:
moolastrikes wrote:I'm not too sure bout what's going between between them but I don't think what the SDAC fella said is true. Owners from Thailand, India and Taiwan have been using the same Powershift as us and I've seen somewhere they stated their mileage is more than 50/60k KM and clutches are working as usual. Some of them changed their clutches due to stress after multiple track activities (using L gear), not daily drive.

The Zairen guy did not experience any clutch failure, he heard about this from a foreman at Ford PJ. Rolling Eyes

True, my mistake of overlooked the part about Zairen and Ford PJ Foreman. Anyways, I noticed he keeps talking negatively about the car on Fiesta MY Facebook. Sure, you experienced unpleasant after-sale services and whatnot, but to literally bad mouth almost every post on FB page is kinda childlike and self-indulgent. Why don't just go lodge a complaint and wait, if too long then go and sound SDAC/dealer or something. Gotta shoot the bugger where it matters, right?

Well, i do heard a lot about SDAC PJ and Jln Ipoh having bad reputation. Hopefully Persada Puchong don't end up like them... Haih... In the end, you'll face typical bullshyt style after-sale service in Msia, irregardless of car make, be it Toyota, Honda, Proton, Perodua...
moolastrikes
moolastrikes
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares on 2012-12-20, 11:58 pm

That's what I notice about this Zairen guy as well Evil or Very Mad He seems to be holding a grudge against Ford.
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down