Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Fiesta rolls back frequently! Safety Issue?

+3
deladela
dares
Kayn-U
7 posters

Go down

Fiesta rolls back frequently! Safety Issue? Empty Fiesta rolls back frequently! Safety Issue?

Post by Kayn-U 2012-10-02, 9:24 am

Hello all,
My ride seems to roll back quite frequently. Especially at bumps or small gradients. It's dangerous if you do not have a quick feet or the car behind will hit your back (if they are near)
I used to drive an auto and I do not have this problem. This car is more like a manual without a clutch, or a manual where the car handles the clutch for you.
Anyway, I thought that the Hill Launch Assist will help in these problems but I guess the gradient cause by speed bumps and small gradients does not activate the HLA.

I'm wondering if this is something I should get used to like in a manual car or there is a way to prevent the car from rolling back. Anyway, I think this is what most auto users should think about before getting this car.
Thanks.

Kayn-U
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Fiesta rolls back frequently! Safety Issue? Empty Re: Fiesta rolls back frequently! Safety Issue?

Post by dares 2012-10-09, 9:01 pm

Have you tried manually activating hill assist (the button on the side of the gear knob)?
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Fiesta rolls back frequently! Safety Issue? Empty Re: Fiesta rolls back frequently! Safety Issue?

Post by Kayn-U 2012-10-09, 9:44 pm

Hello Dares, Nah, its just how the gearbox works. Its like a manual car, got used to it now. Really different from an auto car. (My first time driving a dual clutch)
The button you mentioned is the grade assist button which stops the gear from continuously shifting in hilly terrain to smoothen your ride. It also limits your gears from 1- 5. Useful for engine braking down hill for me.
Cheers!

Last edited by Kayn-U on 2012-10-10, 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Kayn-U
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dares 2012-10-09, 11:02 pm

Oh, I thought that button is to manually active HLA. As far I know HLA will only automatically activate on a gradient of more than 3%.

I just got my Fofi S by the way, still trying to get used to the eccentricities of the gearbox especially at low speed Shocked
dares
dares
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deladela 2012-10-10, 5:32 pm

Yes, our Fiesta actually has a clutch but the car handles it for you. In order to activate the Hill Launch Assist (HLA), when you are at a hill just press the breaks down and it will be activated! Well...keep in mind it only lasts for 3 seconds and it will start rolling down again!

Yea, its a little hard to get used to the GB at first and the car starts to jerk alot. After the car learns about your driving style. It will be alright.
deladela
deladela
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesxv 2012-10-15, 6:02 pm

i thought it's standard for HLA to be activated? - i'm not having issues when starting off from a gradient.

jamesxv
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teflon 2012-12-24, 12:35 pm

dual clutch act like a manual clutch.. so pressed the brake pedal more than 3 sec it will hold for u.. or else use ur handbrake like a manual car..

Teflon
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jowyf 2012-12-24, 3:45 pm

press the brake pedal will grant you few sec of HLA to be activate as mentioned by few FoFi's owner here.
As for the slope when uphill/downhill, you need to manually press the assist button nearby the gear knob (which is for going downhill)

For the uphill one, i only encountered when i park on uphill parking space.
When i start my car, i got a notification to alert me the place is 3% gradient or more so i'll take notice when i run my car

Jowyf
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cannavaro 2013-02-05, 10:33 pm

I use the handbrake.
So used to it since I've been driving a manual car for 11 years.

cannavaro
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down