Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

slight high rpm when going out of short slope

+7
p1000
Elten a/k Jong
Randy Loo
AGP
slinky4
zanness
ular_king
11 posters

Go down

slight high rpm when going out of short slope Empty slight high rpm when going out of short slope

Post by ular_king 2012-08-15, 11:29 pm

Hi guys!

Newbie here just collected my wife's white XTR 2 days ago...just wanna check with members here if this is normal behaviour of a dual clutch gearbox.

We live in a condo and have to park our cars on multi storey car park. U tend to rev slightly more when going up a short slope and i noticed that right after that the rpm maintain at 2k and above and you can hear high rev like stuck in low gear after coming out from a slope on a flat road at less than 20km/h for a couple of seconds. Is this normal for fiesta?

Sorry for the long winded story....hope members here know what i meant........

Rgds,
Ular_King

ular_king
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

slight high rpm when going out of short slope Empty Re: slight high rpm when going out of short slope

Post by zanness 2012-08-16, 11:37 am

You gotta turn off the gear assist if u dun wanna rev it too much

zanness
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

slight high rpm when going out of short slope Empty Re: slight high rpm when going out of short slope

Post by ular_king 2012-08-16, 11:43 am

How do I do that?

ular_king
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by slinky4 2012-08-16, 11:46 am

Yea, I am actually facing the same problem as ular_king. Would appreciate assistance on this matter. Thanks.

slinky4
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AGP 2012-08-17, 1:43 pm

yea I think it's normal for how this gearbox is mapped. I don't find it a problem as such, though it probably wastes a few drops more fuel haha

AGP
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Randy Loo 2012-08-19, 1:15 pm

check to right side of the gear shift..there's a button there...just off it, probably you accidentally on it while you change gear Very Happy cheers
Randy Loo
Randy Loo
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by ular_king 2012-08-19, 1:56 pm

I'm aware of the button and its always off

ular_king
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong 2012-08-25, 12:08 am

Yees...same issue here. Might be a normal behaviour. Dun worry too much...the gb is 'still adapting'
Elten a/k Jong
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by p1000 2012-08-27, 8:49 pm

Same here on my sedan version, it when to 3,000 rpm (on a flat road after slope) before shift gear and can hear the loud engine. I think it will goes up more if not because of the protection mechanism.
Try this trick, immediately or after the slope press the brake (no need fully press just a bit). Then press the accelerator. Make sure no car behind, else kena bang at the back.
So far only happen in my office car park area, which has a up slope and follow by a corner. It does not happen when going into the car park.

thanks

p1000
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ular_king 2012-08-27, 10:30 pm

Thanx p1000 for the advice....i'll try that....

ular_king
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flames84 2012-09-03, 9:30 am

same here.. only change gear at 3k rpm

flames84
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WaNaWe900 2013-01-12, 2:34 pm

Yea... facing similar issue as my apartment up on the hills... yet it's reduce when I switch ON the Gear Shift thou.. Wink
WaNaWe900
WaNaWe900
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deladela 2013-01-12, 3:51 pm

The slightly high revving of the Fofi when coming out of a hill and onto a flat surface is a normal characteristic of the GB. As our car is able to detect that we're going up or down a hill gradient, it will adapt by holding the gear so that we don't lose power while going up. So the first few seconds after a hill, it rev will be higher before adapting to the flat surface again.

The button that you describe on your gear lever is called the Grade Assist. When switched on, the gears will be held longer before switching hence higher revving. As some of you use it for the extra boost of power, it can be used when going down hill as well by providing more engine braking. Smile
deladela
deladela
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilo 2013-01-13, 2:57 pm

Waa...

then the Grade Assist will be really usefull when going down hill at Genting Sempah, rite?Laughing

Is it similar to Over Drive function?

mobilo
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deladela 2013-01-13, 6:24 pm

Yes, it will be really useful going down slopes like Genting Sempah. It can be used going uphill too if you find that the GB is shifting gears too much, with the Grade Assist on there will be less gear hunting.

Yep, it is similar to the Over drive function where it locks out the last gear, hence higher revving and more torque. But keep in mind use sparingly unless you want more engine noise and higher FC. Rolling Eyes
deladela
deladela
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down