Media Appearances

Change the outside temp meter

Go down

Change the outside temp meter

Post by carbonara on 2012-05-19, 11:44 pm

For 14 years I've been driving, i never need to know what is the outside temperature... I mean c'monnn, this is Malaysia... It's either blaring hot, or rain... So what if the temp meter is showing 37*C... Yeah so? What can i do?... Go out still hot!...

That's why i see it as not serving any putpose... And for Ford to make it as a permanent display, is a waste of space... I would rather see the odomoter...

I'm just rambling here... I know we couldnt any thing about it... Or could we? Twisted Evil

Any mod kaki with ideas?

carbonara
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Change the outside temp meter

Post by vash_h on 2012-06-06, 8:38 pm

its because Fofi is made to be a car to be exported to many countries, not just malaysia, which includes taiwan and other countries which has 4 seasons. So, for them, outside temperature is rather good to know.

same reason as why we have the "heater" in the car..
vash_h
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carbonara on 2012-06-27, 12:59 pm

On the contrary, the Thailand made Fiestas will only be exported within our region, this is because the tropicalisation of the units...

And besides, even if Thai Fiestas are exported to colder countries, changing the meter function is just plugging in some cables and coding... Not a hardware system that will increase cost whatsoever, or affect production line...

As for the heater, it's not just for the benefit of colder climates... Sometimes, we do need to blast hot air out of the vents to dehumidify it...

carbonara
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down