Media Appearances

Ford Fiesta Warranty Cautions... VOID?!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Ford Fiesta Warranty Cautions... VOID?!

Post by sfunglee on 2011-11-16, 8:34 am

so means u gonna sell urs in 3 years rite? =)
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mushroomswiss on 2011-11-16, 10:47 am

not until the FoFi starts to make holes in my wallet la

mushroomswiss
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee on 2011-11-16, 7:06 pm

hahahax
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ong wc on 2012-01-26, 1:41 pm

marvellous... now i can start claiming.... Very Happy

ong wc
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by woo3809 on 2012-01-27, 1:21 pm

sfunglee wrote:Wheels:

1) Changing of Sport Rims - Same size 15"to 15" for SEDAN & 16"to 16", max tyre size allowed 205/45/R16 - No issue, PROVIDED offset not hitting the fender or mudguards area!!!
2) Oversize rims 17" onwards - Warranty on Alligntment (include chamber, toes, arm) will be void, Supension (coil spring, absorber, latch, stabilzer bar) will be void, Brake (caliper, pad, drum, hose) all will be void & cosmetic aka "BREMBO" will also void your from disc brake if the material effect the braking system.
3) Others - No spacer allowed, warranty void also no changing to 5 Lugs system.
4) Rear drum repaint - Allowed
5) Tyres Max Size - 205/45/R16 on 16"Rims

Bro, if i change me sedan 15" tyres to 195/50/R15 ok? Can sedan upgrade to 16" rims?

woo3809
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by septzz on 2012-05-04, 10:14 am

thanks for the very useful topics sir!

but i need some clarification on previous comment, will it void the warranty if i install locktech double lock? that device will be connected to the electronic and power system of the car (if i'm not mistaken).

septzz
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee on 2012-05-11, 8:09 am

septzz wrote:thanks for the very useful topics sir!

but i need some clarification on previous comment, will it void the warranty if i install locktech double lock? that device will be connected to the electronic and power system of the car (if i'm not mistaken).

Sorry bro no idea... Maybe u could ask "Locktech", if my car spoiled due to ur pedal alarm system, will "Locktec"bear the warranty?
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee on 2012-05-11, 8:11 am

woo3809 wrote:

1) Changing of Sport Rims - Same size 15"to 15" for SEDAN & 16"to 16", max tyre size allowed 205/45/R16 - No issue, PROVIDED offset not hitting the fender or mudguards area!!!
2) Oversize rims 17" onwards - Warranty on Alligntment (include chamber, toes, arm) will be void, Supension (coil spring, absorber, latch, stabilzer bar) will be void, Brake (caliper, pad, drum, hose) all will be void & cosmetic aka "BREMBO" will also void your from disc brake if the material effect the braking system.

Bro, if i change me sedan 15" tyres to 195/50/R15 ok? Can sedan upgrade to 16" rims?

If you wanna play safe, just change to Fiesta Hatchback 16"size, at least not oversized upgrade.
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by amzar on 2012-07-18, 12:34 pm

Sifus, can i change my stock rear view mirror to the automatic one?

amzar
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nvidia78 on 2012-08-01, 10:55 pm

Hi guys,

I am not a Fiesta Owner yet. About to be one. Just to check on some stuff

When I consult the SA about warranty as below, he said the warranty would not be void :

1. I wanted to put in ICE - Sub and speaker stuff
2. Wanted to upgrade to 17'inc RIM
3. HID > or The Bright Bulp

That is the mod I will do for my car from the warranty side. Please advise. afro
nvidia78
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Globalnicky on 2012-08-14, 9:22 am

One question. Sor'm new here Globalnicky. I have ordered 18 inch tires with 225 and 30. Can fit or not ? Screw the warranty. globalnicky at hotmail dot com
Globalnicky
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lim.z.chao on 2012-09-17, 2:42 pm

sfunglee wrote:Engine Bay:

1) No Re-Painting - Everything is the engine bay aren't allow to be touch, repainting works will lift the engine & distrub all the system include engine & gearbox all warrnty void!
2) Intake - Mod to Open Pod System will void the inlet part include valve, sensor & piston BEWARE. If you upgrade to K&N, Pipercross & Ayam drop-in no issue. Manifold - please don't disturb!
3) Battery - During the first 3 years warranty programme our battery (imported as claimed, tag at around RM370.00-390.00) is only entitled for 1 year. After that you can change at your service centre for the same battery to continue the 3 years warranty programme. Becareful as SDAC advice some SC will sell cheaper brand about RM280~320 please don;t take that battery else warranty will be void too due to unstable input, electronics parts like ECU, sensor, display will not be claimable!
4) Ground Cable - If nothing happen you are lucky man, please don't install for the first 3 years. If youinstall do remove it, will be void as SC will recorded it especially SDAC (Dun play play!!!) If one day you try to claime for electronic part they will void it as you have previously install grounding cable in faulty method and lead to electronics spoilage - BEWARE!!!

4) ground cable: if we install it, we'll have to unscrew the bolts. by removing it during service, will they find faults from the unscrewed bolts (based on the marker pen marks)?

how bout voltage stabilizer? does installing it void warranty?

Thanks alot for the useful info bro.

lim.z.chao
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sfunglee on 2012-09-19, 8:14 am

Globalnicky wrote:One question. Sor'm new here Globalnicky. I have ordered 18 inch tires with 225 and 30. Can fit or not ? Screw the warranty. globalnicky at hotmail dot com

225/30/R18... very bumpy, my other ride is 235/40/R18 also bump like hell

as long as ur off set can crop shud be fine... any photos?
sfunglee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deschultz on 2012-09-20, 10:55 am

Hi all. Good news for Fiesta owners registered from 1st Sep 2012 onwards. I received a call from my SA and informed that for Fiesta registered on 1st Sept 2012 onwards will receive 5 year warranty, additional 2 years from the previous scheme. Ford Malaysia will have the details mailed to our mailing address for the eligible Fiesta owners. This should be a strong point for prospect Fiesta owners!

Btw, does anyone know whether adding Voltage Stabilizer without grounding cable would void warranty? TQ!

deschultz
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lim.z.chao on 2012-09-22, 10:02 pm

deschultz wrote:Hi all. Good news for Fiesta owners registered from 1st Sep 2012 onwards. I received a call from my SA and informed that for Fiesta registered on 1st Sept 2012 onwards will receive 5 year warranty, additional 2 years from the previous scheme. Ford Malaysia will have the details mailed to our mailing address for the eligible Fiesta owners. This should be a strong point for prospect Fiesta owners!

Btw, does anyone know whether adding Voltage Stabilizer without grounding cable would void warranty? TQ!

bro, where did you get this news? who told you about it? are you sure? i asked my SA, he said no such news...

lim.z.chao
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deschultz on 2012-09-22, 10:53 pm

Auto Connexion Jalan Ipoh..my SA called d next day after I collected my car..according to him d warranty notice will be mailed to d owner..didn't really say when exactly..will call him again trow to confirm..

deschultz
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by frenken on 2012-09-23, 6:05 am

what about 1.4M fiesta to be installed the front fog lamp? electrical wiring and everything right? Void or not ~~

frenken
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deschultz on 2012-09-23, 8:59 am

Auto Connexion Jalan Ipoh confirmed warranty 5 years for cars registered 1st Sep 2012 onwards..

deschultz
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Elten a/k Jong on 2012-09-23, 10:08 am

Warranty covers parts....if u install vs gc only will void battery warranty...BUT everything is battery related. Means that if ur car becomes faulty. ..ecu lights electronics. ..then they will blame u for installing....void all
Elten a/k Jong
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lim.z.chao on 2012-09-23, 1:11 pm

oh my....my car was registered on 30th of August....just 2 days different, and I missed the 2 years extra warranty...FML!!!

lim.z.chao
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by frenken on 2012-09-23, 10:30 pm

Elten a/k Jong wrote:Warranty covers parts....if u install vs gc only will void battery warranty...BUT everything is battery related. Means that if ur car becomes faulty. ..ecu lights electronics. ..then they will blame u for installing....void all

meaning to say, better don't install the lamps right... hmm the fog lamp looks nice though..

frenken
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by villageofearth on 2012-09-24, 11:18 pm

Hi, as mention Max size for 16" Rims is 205/45/R16, what about the Max size fo 15" Rims?
Thanks...

villageofearth
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PegGz on 2012-09-27, 9:57 am

How about the steering rack? I got mine changed once under warranty cos it was making a huge klokking sound. After about 10 months, i hear the same sounds coming back. Will I still be covered under warranty if SDAC has changed it once?

PegGz
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by okhui26 on 2012-10-07, 6:42 pm

Hi Guys,

If Fiesta 1.4 (M) add fog light, will the lamp and electrical wiring void? Need this info before i add fog light, thanks in advance.

okhui26
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cheezels21 on 2012-10-30, 2:18 pm

uno wrote:hi.. anyone knows whether installing locktech can void the warranty?

Sorry to bring this up again, but has anyone or can anyone confirm if installing locktech will void warranty? Or is there a person we can check with at SDAC? Tq

cheezels21
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next