Media Appearances

3 Days New Car Leaking Oil, Anyone faced this?

Go down

3 Days New Car Leaking Oil, Anyone faced this?

Post by kohviel on 2011-06-26, 9:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I found the oil leaking at front driver site, I thought was engine oil, then I checked the engine oil it was different . The 3 day new car, engine oil are bright and clean, the leaking one are dark and sticky. Wondering what's that??? anyone having this issue? I hope its overflow, not any big issue.

kohviel
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Days New Car Leaking Oil, Anyone faced this?

Post by Dias on 2011-06-26, 10:21 am

First establish the color of your engine oil using the engine dipstick. If it is clear, then it is not engine oil. Since it is dark and sticky, I can only guess that it is excess grease.

EDIT: Maybe can also check the smell while you are at it.
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kohviel on 2011-06-26, 10:38 am

grease? what kind of grease that can leak out? By assume its grease, would be dry out after a moment it continue leak?

kohviel
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dias on 2011-06-26, 11:43 am

You did not establish under what condition the grease occurs (After a long drive? Parked under a porch?) nor which part of the front driver side the leak occured (Door? Engine?, Axle?). I only assumed that the conditions and the location were right for grease to become loose and runny. While I use the term grease, I think it is more appropriate to call it lubricating oil.

The grease acts as a lubricant to prevent moving parts from wearing out due to friction. Naturally, high temperatures will occur and this helps the grease to melt. As it melts and gets runny, it will continuously provide lubrication to the required areas. If the operating temperature/melting point of the lubricating grease is wrong, the parts will not get ample lubrication and will wear out quick. Since your car is new, the parts might still not be smooth and needs time to even out. It could be that the lubrication is just doing its job.

Take note that the above is just based on what I know about lubricating oil usage in a manufacturing firm (I work in one) utilizing heavy machinery. While the lubricating oil is clear (sort of), it becomes black and thick after being subjected to high temperatures over long periods of time. The grease runoff has to be disposed since it cannot be re-used and contains specks of metal from the moving parts. And the grease coming from heavy machinery does not dry out instantaneously. Takes awhile for it to cake onto the floor (more like become gooey rather than harden).

PS: I used the word GUESS in my earlier post since the above are just assumptions on my end. If you are still not feeling comfortable with the grease, it is advisable to seek advice from a trained mechanic.
Dias
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kohviel on 2011-06-26, 2:34 pm

hope so. I'm sending my car for 1k inspection in coming 2 weeks. When i Start the car the engine checked also dint shown any warning alert. So let it be for 2 weeks.

kohviel
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayn Chow on 2011-06-27, 9:03 am

So bad ! i need to check mine also.
Wayn Chow
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by malli on 2011-08-14, 11:55 pm

mine too....2010 failure product....

malli
Verified Member
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ssham98 on 2011-08-17, 9:26 am

mine the same - WVQ - check during my 1K service. - need to replace drive shaft oil seal

ssham98
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by owhmar88 on 2013-03-07, 11:56 pm

is anyone still having this issue ? My car was only a day old when this happened and when i sent it to SDAC PJ they said that the engine block might be cracked due to manufacturing fault - i dont think its grease or engine oil because the oil is clear Sad

owhmar88
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by f2000 on 2013-03-14, 3:33 pm

Wayn chow.. Is the picture u show is the same problem? Or it's transmission leaking? Coz I have similar one by it looks like a minor one.. Just wanna which is leaking

f2000
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Randy Loo on 2013-03-14, 3:56 pm

Wayn Chow wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So bad ! i need to check mine also.

Wayn issue might be gearbox oil seal broken...common issue..it happen to me before also
Randy Loo
FCM Committee
FCM Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by f2000 on 2013-03-14, 6:37 pm

I see... I think I need to send mine to SA... I see a lot of dirt covering that area only.. Possible to have a small leak there. Just wiped off the dirt to monitor for leak..

f2000
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayza on 2013-04-08, 12:27 pm

I just change my gearbox oil seal... 3 days without my Fofi for SDAC PJ to make full inspection. Now the gear changes smoothly.

Rayza
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ong wc on 2013-04-08, 8:35 pm

same thing happens to mine after i gotten they to change the dam clutch at about 28K. WVN..... Shocked

ong wc
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down