Fiesta Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Transmission Malfunction
by yowa82 2017-12-28, 3:53 pm

» Fiesta Car Parts Price List
by Cilikering 2015-11-18, 11:57 am

» something wrong with the clutch..
by Cilikering 2015-11-16, 3:41 pm

» Fiesta-Engine die off
by ayubom 2015-11-02, 4:00 pm

» Ford Fiesta Wipers Replacement Enquiry
by pepsiman 2015-10-30, 5:05 pm

» Dual clutch problem!!!
by Cilikering 2015-10-16, 4:23 pm

» FORD AUDIO/Multimedia software update (OCT 2011) *WILL FIX IOS BT ISSUES**Updated Post*
by judesh 2015-09-17, 11:55 am

» Fiesta fail to start at first inition start engine
by Miley 2015-07-28, 2:56 pm

» Opinions needed on new Ford service centre in Penchala
by redwacko 2014-12-01, 11:45 pm

» Warranty check
by harmeet.21 2014-11-30, 11:41 am

Media Appearances

Car Wash Workshop

+4
teetaatee
madon
Founder
Tristan
8 posters

Go down

Car Wash Workshop Empty Car Wash Workshop

Post by Tristan 2011-03-15, 4:50 pm

I've came across forums of other makes organizing a car wash workshop for their fellow members. If I'm not mistaken, they manage to get the guys from Meguiars to conduct a workshop for them on car detailing. But of course, to organize such a workshop will require a rather big group of participants. I'm not sure how many members we have now but maybe at some time later, we can look into this and organize one such workshop. What do you guys think?
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Car Wash Workshop Empty Re: Car Wash Workshop

Post by Founder 2011-03-15, 4:59 pm

Good Idea Tristan, I'll work something out with Meguiars if we have the number of participants. Very Happy
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

https://fiestaclubmalaysia.forumms.net

Back to top Go down

Post by madon 2011-03-15, 5:00 pm

Tristan...

This is a very good idea indeed. I have experienced this workshop before which was done @ Meguairs PJ Branch via an effort made through one of the car club back in 2009. I think they require at least 20 cars to be present in order for the workshop to be held. Maybe a show of hands how many are interested for this event and I will try and make it happen.
madon
madon
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-03-15, 5:03 pm

Ya, can count me in then...just need to plan my calendar in advance Smile
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2011-03-15, 5:12 pm

Alrighty Guys, Lets have a show of hands to those who wants to be in the Meguiars Workshop? We'll need some numbers first before I can proceed to request for a workshop from Meguiars.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-03-15, 7:09 pm

Alrighty Guys, Lets have a show of hands to those who wants to be in the Meguiars Workshop? We'll need some numbers first before I can proceed to request for a workshop from Meguiars.

1:Tristan
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-03-15, 7:28 pm

roughly what is the price ah? and also i'm kinda fussy on people "touching" my car. usually before i wash my car, there are few extra step i take in order to minimize the fine scratches.

step 1:
rinse my car. per panel i give around 20sec of water flushing

step 2:
use my hand to give a gentle rub on all the car panel with running water. this is the most important part because i can use my hand to feel if there is any dirt that stick on the car body or not. if there is, i'll gently rub it off with higher pressure of running water.

step 3:
wash my car with a proper clean cloth from top to bottom. when i mean top to bottom is really top to bottom. usually lazy people will wash like this:
top left till bottom left and top right till bottom right and front follow by the back.
my style is:
top left and right. flush with water so that the soap will not "eat" up my car wax. and continue by bottom left and right with the same process. same goes to the front and back.

step 4:
rinse my car again and only wash the rim.

step 5:
wipe my car dry with microfiber cloth.

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2011-03-15, 7:36 pm

teetaatee wrote:roughly what is the price ah? and also i'm kinda fussy on people "touching" my car. usually before i wash my car, there are few extra step i take in order to minimize the fine scratches.

step 1:

step 2:
use my hand to give a gentle rub on all the car panel with running water. this is the most important part because i can use my hand to feel if there is any dirt that stick on the car body or not. if there is, i'll gently rub it off with higher pressure of running water.

step 3:
wash my car with a proper clean cloth from top to bottom. when i mean top to bottom is really top to bottom. usually lazy people will wash like this:
top left till bottom left and top right till bottom right and front follow by the back.
my style is:
top left and right. flush with water so that the soap will not "eat" up my car wax. and continue by bottom left and right with the same process. same goes to the front and back.

step 4:

step 5:

Hi teetaatee,
This is actually a "Workshop" which means there will be trained Meguiars professionals demonstrating and teaching us on how to detail, wash, polish our car etc. This is not a Car Wash session and we don't have to pay anything for this workshop as our cars are not going for a car wash in this Workshop.

Cheers

Jason Lim
FCM Founder and Creator
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by madon 2011-03-16, 9:27 am

Admin wrote:
teetaatee wrote:roughly what is the price ah? and also i'm kinda fussy on people "touching" my car. usually before i wash my car, there are few extra step i take in order to minimize the fine scratches.

step 1:

step 2:

step 3:
my style is:

step 4:

step 5:

Hi teetaatee,
This is actually a "Workshop" which means there will be trained Meguiars professionals demonstrating and teaching us on how to detail, wash, polish our car etc. This is not a Car Wash session and we don't have to pay anything for this workshop as our cars are not going for a car wash in this Workshop.

Cheers

Jason Lim
FCM Founder and Creator

.... and they will not wash all cars. They will only demonstrate on one "guinea pig" car. FYI, meguairs @ pj practises 2-4 bucket technique to wash the car. The premium wash, if I remember correctly is RM35 per wash. For a full car detailing package, is about RM1.2K and that is member's price. What I can say is that the PJ meguair guys are a total pro in car washing and detailing.
madon
madon
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-03-16, 9:44 am

oh, sorry. my bad. i thought that you all will go and assign some shop to be our official car wash shop with special price.

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by madon 2011-03-16, 9:58 am

teetaatee wrote:oh, sorry. my bad. i thought that you all will go and assign some shop to be our official car wash shop with special price.

hahahahaha.... no lahh... but meguairs do give special discounts/price for car club members. But the best discount cannot match prices at other well known car wash place. For me I think meguairs in PJ is the most expensive car detailing place to go. Alternatives would be meguairs in hartamas and carnauba autospa in jalan ampang.
madon
madon
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder 2011-03-16, 11:19 am

The last time is did a wash and a quick detail costed me around RM300.00 Very Happy

Jason Lim
FCM Founder and Creator
Founder
Founder
FCM Founder
FCM Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-03-16, 2:36 pm

Seems that there is a slow pick up rate for the car detailing workshop. Anyway Madon76, is the carnauba autospa in Jalan Ampang still open? Has anyone have any experiences there?
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by klimal 2011-03-16, 5:02 pm

A wax is still a wax...need to go back regularly to maintain the shine.
Time is the main problem but I think if truly motorhead, it is well worth the effort.
As for me, it's S&S and fingers crssed.
klimal
klimal
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by madon 2011-03-17, 1:10 pm

Tristan wrote:Seems that there is a slow pick up rate for the car detailing workshop. Anyway Madon76, is the carnauba autospa in Jalan Ampang still open? Has anyone have any experiences there?
'

Bro Tristan,

Im not sure whether it is still open or not as my office has shifted to Bangsar from Chulan Tower and as such I dont use that road very much nowadays. I have never experienced detailing my car there but I have washed my other ride there a few times. From what I can see, those specialized car detailing center really keeps their quality very high indeed. For you to go and wash your car, I recommend these 3 places below which does a very good job cleaning your car:
1. Meguair's Hartamas
2. Carwash inside Tropicana City Mall
3. Carnauba Autospa Jalan Ampang

And then there are few detailing shops around Sunway and Glenmarie that does excellent jobs as well according to a few acquaintance.
madon
madon
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by teetaatee 2011-03-17, 1:40 pm

the car wash inside tropicana city mall is having promotion for the 1st timer. 3 layer of wax if i not mistaken is rm50++ or rm60++

teetaatee
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-03-18, 7:42 pm

Thanks a lot madon76 for that piece of information. Will definitely try out the Tropicana City Mall one first as I use to frequent that area Smile
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by md5sal 2011-03-28, 5:04 pm

2:md5sal
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

md5sal
NON Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Yakuza 2011-03-28, 5:22 pm

3: Yakuza
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
Yakuza
Yakuza
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tristan 2011-03-28, 7:40 pm

Yakuza wrote:1:Tristan
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Thanks Yakuza & md5sal for digging up the car detailing workshop again. I thought the project was dead. Guys, time to reignite the car detailing workshop now that the comittee has managed to successfully organize the first big event...we need more ppl in order to make the workshop happen...Come on bounce
Tristan
Tristan
FCM VIP DONOR
FCM VIP DONOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nafiszdaniel 2011-03-29, 1:42 am

4: Nafisz Daniel
5: